Hey all,
    long-time iOS user, and major AT&T hater...tired of dropped calls on my iPhone 3GS, and have always liked Sprint a lot. They definitely have the best coverage in my area and I like their plans. I played with the Style in the store, and I was pretty impressed, overall, with the build quality, sound quality, and the keyboard. I've liked virtual keyboards for a while. I'm also all Apple at home--and use Macs. Questions are:

How easy is BlackBerry sync for getting music, podcasts, movies, etc., onto the phone?

I'm a huge Gmail user--how well does Gmail sync, and how about calendar and contacts? I have five calendars myself, and I also sync my girlfriend's calendar to my iPhone. The nice thing about iOS and Android is calendar sync is pretty seamless (not just my main calendar, but all my other ones).

Thanks all.
    04-10-11 07:34 PM
    Google does provide a contacts sync app that will load all of your Google contacts and Google calendar onto your phone and vice versa. It seems to work pretty well but I would say it definitely works better on android phones. As for loading other calendars onto your phone using that same sync app I am not 100% sure you can do that since I only keep one calendar.

Now to loading media onto the phone I do it the old fashion way and just load whatever it is I want right onto the phone and skip over DM.

Hopefully that helps some, my GF has the style and it is a very nice phone, I would probably switch over to it from my 9650 but if I do I will have to pay Sprint $10 more a month for "premium data."
    04-24-11 03:47 PM
    impaler - your opening comment made me chuckle.. thought i'd comment because I have been a Sprint customer for 9 yrs, and 4 of them with a blackberry........ "long-time iOS user, and major AT&T hater...tired of dropped calls on my iPhone 3GS, and have always liked Sprint a lot. They definitely have the best coverage in my area and I like their plans. I played with the Style in the store, and I was pretty impressed, overall, with the build quality, sound quality, and the keyboard."

(we do occasionaly get dropped calls) , the plans ARE very good. I however am ready to jump ship and go to AT&T for the iphone 4 - (for several reasons) anyway... as for the style.. i will say i like the phone.. just not happy anymore with the RIM service. Too many times the browser service is down, or the blackberry messenger service. signal strength is poor, and battery life is horrible. there are always tower outages. (you can look in the forums here for the service outages reports..theres always alot!!) Dont know if this is mainly a Sprint service issue or the RIM service issue, but Sprint has been pretty good to me as far as customer service and whatnot. If its the best service available in your area, then I'm sure you'll be happy with it. just make sure you really research the blackberry phone you are interested in ...
    Good Luck!
    05-03-11 06:51 PM
    I have gmail, and this thing is so good at e-mail that it is really the only thing I use for it anymore. I just signed in at the gmail website to compare, and I'm pretty much getting on the phone what I see there. Don't know anything about calendars and contact lists though.

For media sync I open the phone, plug in the cable (or unplug and replug), select USB Drive in the dialog that pops up, then access through my computer browser and copy and paste stuff where I want it. There is a sync feature in the Desktop Manager app for your computer that works well, but I don't use it because it takes forever to load.
    05-04-11 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD