RIM keeps coming out with so many new blackberrys I just got this 9700 now the 9800 is coming out and all other new ones I'm gonna keep feeling so out dated I'm not gonna have the money to keep updateing RIM calm down with phones for a bit!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-10 10:25 PM
    I kinda agree with you. now hey seem to be pushing out more devices, with the first ones being rushed and the later ones fixing the rushed ones (Storm ->Storm2, Tour, CDMA Bold), but now they're all perfectly fine so pick your poison and stick with it.
    05-03-10 10:30 PM
    Its cool seeing all the future devices and all but there just pushing out more and more, instead of just making all these new ones that are basically similar to the other bberrys they shuld make one that's gonna beat out this new iphone coming out in the summer, just make an elite blackberry.

Mayb call it Blackberry Elite 9990, or 10000?

05-03-10 10:37 PM
    Same **** different package

05-03-10 10:47 PM
    Hey Toyota, calm down with all the new cars, would 'ya? Toyota keeps coming out with so many new cars! I just got this Prius LE and now the Prius SE is coming out, and the Camry too, plus all other new ones! I'm gonna keep feeling so outdated I'm not gonna have the money to keep buying every new model! Toyota, calm down with cars for a bit!

05-03-10 10:58 PM
    Just do all asterisk please! We can figure it out, or better yet use a softer word that won't need to be filtered or filter evaded! No warning issued, unless you count this. . But who's counting just be cool.
    05-04-10 12:12 AM
    reading through the forums made me laugh.
    People either complaint that RIM is releasing phones too fast or too slow.
    05-04-10 02:09 AM
    Just do all asterisk please! We can figure it out, or better yet use a softer word that won't need to be filtered or filter evaded! No warning issued, unless you count this. . But who's counting just be cool.
    Sorry.....point taken

05-04-10 05:19 AM
    Hey Toyota, calm down with all the new cars, would 'ya? Toyota keeps coming out with so many new cars! I just got this Prius LE and now the Prius SE is coming out, and the Camry too, plus all other new ones! I'm gonna keep feeling so outdated I'm not gonna have the money to keep buying every new model! Toyota, calm down with cars for a bit!

I think that this would be a more valid point if RIM didn't have some blaring os issues....each of these issues is personal preference...but a huge one that cannot be denied is the browser...bb has the worst browser of the major smart phone os's. Why not take it easy on the new phones and fix a major flaw then start putting out more phones?

05-04-10 05:25 AM
    I think that this would be a more valid point if RIM didn't have some blaring os issues....each of these issues is personal preference...but a huge one that cannot be denied is the browser...bb has the worst browser of the major smart phone os's. Why not take it easy on the new phones and fix a major flaw then start putting out more phones?

I see what you're saying, but I don't look at the browser as a blaring os issue or a flaw. I would like to see it updated, which it will be in BlackBerry 6, but I get along just fine with the native browser. It's not a deal killer for me like it is for some people, and I use the browser all day long.

A blaring os issue or a flaw would be a bug, of which there are many, but I can wait patiently for webkit.

My car analogy was more to show how juvenile it is to think that a manufacturer has to slow down production because you don't have enough money to keep buying the latest model. Nobody does that with cars, and few do it with phones. That's really where my analogy stops.

That said, I understand your point.

Edit: A better example might have been laptops, because they are closer to the price point. Awhile back, I bought a budget laptop. 3 GB ram, 500 GB hard drive, 17" widescreen, AMD processor, Windows Vista, etc. about 6 months later, Toshiba released a similar model for nearly the same price, but this one had Windows 7, an Intel Core2 Duo processor and a much better sound system. I would have MUCH rather had that one, but I didn't jump on a forum yelling for Toshiba to stop coming out with new laptops so often, lol. That makes my point a little better than the car analogy, because many have said that Windows 7 is what Vista should have been, and they just jumped the gun and released Vista to rake in the dinero.

Last edited by travelingfool; 05-04-10 at 09:54 AM.
    05-04-10 09:31 AM
    anyone complaining that RIM releases phones too quickly (LOL... are you being serious???? ) has never dealt with the Android world... now THERE'S reason to complain about your chit going out of date... when every 2 weeks a newer, better, more powerful, higher OS version of an Android device comes out, and there's no sign of that stopping anytime soon...

if anything... RIM is TOO SLOW in releasing devices by those other standards... in reality, RIM's update schedule is just right... doesn't make you feel like you have an outdated phone 2 weeks after you buy one, and gives you enough to look forward to and have "paid off" the first one by the time the "replacement" rolls around... that's my take...

the 9800 is nowhere near release yet... the 9700 came out in Nov and still going STRONG.... will be likely updateable to OS 6.0.... and right now runs like a rocket with .593... the 9700 has great staying power... and the 9000 before it did too...

any Tour 9630 owners complaining that their devices are outdated so quickly.... that moment has passed, since the 9650 never released in Feb 2010 like it was rumored... will be end of May/beginning of June by the time the 9650 hits for real, and by then, the 9630 will be almost a year old.... just like the iphone cycle... that cycle sounds about right to me...
    Last edited by mi_canuck; 05-04-10 at 02:22 PM.
    05-04-10 02:20 PM
    i don't agree with OP

you made a post based on what you bought and what "you" get affected by? lol .. selfish like a mug!!!

the rest of us like choices!
    05-10-10 02:47 AM
    RIM keeps coming out with so many new blackberrys I just got this 9700 now the 9800 is coming out and all other new ones I'm gonna keep feeling so out dated I'm not gonna have the money to keep updateing RIM calm down with phones for a bit!

Fret not thyself. Most of the "new" devices aren't that much of an upgrade over existing devices. If you have a Bold 9000 you're still up to date with RIM. The thing that should be really pissing people off is the fact that in order to run OS 6 and the new browser many people HAVE to upgrade because their device doesn't have the specs to support it.
    05-11-10 03:18 PM

Yes perfect analogy since people replace cars as often as phones. Oh yeah and cars cost as much as phones. Worst analogy ever.

The point is RIM keeps coming out with marginal devices that MAY be slightly better than the previous one. And they will put out a device they know full well won't be able to support future upgrades that are ready in the next coming months. Personally, I would rather them come out with 1-2 devices a year that are actually different and better than the previous device then to keep coming out with devices every few months that aren't really that much better. That's just what I think.
    05-11-10 03:23 PM
    They need to get rid of a bunch of phones that are the same,
    Bold 9700, Tour 9630, Bold 9000, Curve 8900, and the whole mass of other 8XXX phones they have out. ALL are full QWERTY phones.

At least this phone is dif. (kinda, we already have the Pearl Flip)

Maybe they think if they cant make a better phone than the iPhone we will just make more phones period!
    05-11-10 03:40 PM
    They need to get rid of a bunch of phones that are the same,
    Bold 9700, Tour 9630, Bold 9000, Curve 8900, and the whole mass of other 8XXX phones they have out. ALL are full QWERTY phones.

At least this phone is dif. (kinda, we already have the Pearl Flip)

Maybe they think if they cant make a better phone than the iPhone we will just make more phones period!
    yeah there sems to have been too many transition phones compared to when they used to have just the 8800 for business and the 8300 for consumer. and now they have three different curves, two different bolds, a Tour (which is probably a dead-end), etc.
    if they just stuck to one well built buisness qwerty, and one well built consumer qwerty (and the pearl, Storm, slide, maybe flip, etc), then it would be a bit nicer.
    05-11-10 05:05 PM
    They have to hit a variety of price points and form factors across their product line. Compared to Apple they have a lot of phones being released, but in the context of the other manufacturers they aren't really putting out that much. Maybe six or seven this year? The Pearl 3G, Bold 9650, 9670, 9800, with perhaps a new Storm and a new Curve model. Android alone has 61 phones across 21 carriers with another 40-50 likely to launch this year. Try keeping up with that.
    05-30-10 01:04 PM
    Don't get me wrong, everyone has their own preference, but with the new flip style phone isn't that old tech? I'm mean the majority of the smart phones out there are candy bar style, well I'm sure this flip BB will work for some I think its a waste, because everything is so condensed and a lot harder to get any text messaging done at a faster pace, not to mention work related tasks!! Bad design, simply awful!!
    06-09-10 06:14 PM
    LOL, when I first read this thread title, I had to do a double-take. I thought it said "Clam down with all the new phones!!!" lol
    06-09-10 11:30 PM
    But I still miss the PERFECT Blackberry!!!!
    It finally should get Hardware, that fits in the year 2010!!!!!!

For me it would look like that:

- A new high resultion screen ( Resultion minimum twice as high as on my 8900)!

- Bold 9000 or 8700 size again (I wouldn�t care, if it was even a bit bigger)!

- Minimum 8GB on board memory (256MB or 512MB, RIM are you kidding me?!)!

- 3G (or even prepared for 4G?!)

- A new minimum 1GHz Processor (to have more power for multitasking)

- A front camera (maybe combined with a new BBM - face-to-face chat/call - or even conference chats with more people at the same time)

- A new 5MP camera with more quality

- Better browser (to be (REALLY) able to watch "normal" webpages - not only mobile view)

- Combination of trackpad and touchscreen

- A three axis gyro sensor

- Accelerometer

- Proximity sensor

- better GPS (including better GPS software)

- Qwerty Keyboard

etc.

There still would be soooooooooooo much to add.
    But this are the MINIMUM things a REAL ALL NEW BLACKBERRY should get!!!!
    Nothing less than that!!!!!!!
    This device would be worth to get the name: Bold!!!

9800? 9760? New Tour? - boring old crap!!!
    Last edited by Slash82; 06-15-10 at 06:01 PM.
    06-15-10 05:41 PM
    A combination with more new phones, improvements and upgrades is key.
    Keep it up RIM!
    06-16-10 09:45 PM
    It feels that everyday there is something new in phones
    06-29-10 01:37 PM
    i agree. focusing on software development would be way more beneficial.
    07-14-10 08:32 PM
    imagine if you had a droid incredible......now theres a reason to be pissed. droid x comes out 4 weeks later and blows it outta the water
    07-15-10 08:20 AM
    yeah! i would be LIVID!
    07-19-10 01:27 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD