I have a Blackberry Style (9670) paired with a Plantronics Voyager Pro + Bluetooth. I have the device set up with three different custom ringtones - one for phone calls, one for e-mails and one for SMS text messages. They all work perfectly on the device.

When I enable my Bluetooth and I receive a phone call, the device plays my custom phone ringtone and my Bluetooth plays a simultaneous but different short musical phone call alert. When I receive an e-mail message or an SMS text message, the device plays my custom e-mail or text message ringtone but I do not hear any notification alert through my Bluetooth.

In a perfect world, when I am Bluetooth-enabled, I would love to be able to silence my device and receive my custom ringtone alerts directly into my ear via the Bluetooth. This would be especially good in restaurants and other noisy public places for two reasons - - not to disturb others and to be sure I know something is coming in.

I called Sprint technical support and received nothing of any value. Something like "It should work so if it doesn't, call Plantronics."

Is this doable?
    03-18-11 01:34 PM
    Over 100 views: zero responses. Not even a response telling me to p*ss off or that my question is too idiotic to justify a response. Am I looking to buy groceries in a shoe store? Should I go somewhere else for my answer? Should I just forget about it?

Thanks.

03-21-11 03:31 PM
    The ringtones on the BlackBerry do not currently play through the Bluetooth headset.

You will not hear email, SMS and other notifications in the headset.

And for phone calls, you will hear the headset's ringtone.

Working as designed ... unfortunately.
    03-21-11 05:06 PM
    P*ss off!

Seriously though, have you looked into the BT setting to see what they're set at? Perhaps a little tweaking will alleviate some of your issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-11 05:42 PM
    mkosos65, what are you talking about?
    03-22-11 08:13 PM
    Specifically, I was talking about the MAP options. It's my understanding from what I've read that it should be able to give alerts via the headset. I guess it all depends on the headset. From the BB site:

"This profile allows you to use a Bluetooth enabled car kit with your BlackBerry device to notify you of new messages. This profile can also help you read, delete, browse, compose, and send messages."

Sorry for the confusion, looking at it now, my response was pretty vague.
    03-23-11 08:12 AM
    I have mine set up with the Jawbone Icon and I only hear my custom ringtones/notifiers on my BB & a short beep on my Icon. I believe Motorcycle Mama is correct in saying the custom tones won't play through your BT.
    03-23-11 09:11 AM
    Right but, do you hear SMS and email alerts as well or just the phone?
    03-23-11 09:53 AM
    Right but, do you hear SMS and email alerts as well or just the phone?
    Yes, I hear a quiet beep in my ear from the Icon & my usual sound from my BlackBerry.
    03-23-11 03:32 PM
    Thanks for your input, everybody. I am sorry that there is no apparent way to accomplish something that makes so much basic sense (at least to me).
    03-24-11 11:37 PM
    I cannot m to change the settings of these MAP OPTIONS ... I can mark / unmark the items, but I cannot save them....

I there any solution for this problem? Or tweak?

I reinstalled several firmware versions, but it keeps a 'no show'.
    04-19-11 07:44 AM
    Hi,
    That is correct, here is a work around, App, called HUB++, does allow and works great for getting your SMS, Alerts and Email Alerts as well as visual readout .. Blackberry World it is not free but it does fix if you want to call it that a work around to have all the notifications as mentioned come thru your BT, as I had the same issue as I have a Jawbone EAR BT and after having installed the app, now I'm getting my Alerts for my different Emails and Text thru to me.. Now if I could only find an App that would read the text , Hubb++ does bring us a screen of what was texted in your SMS and Email.. and you can tell it how much you want shown, etc.. It is easy to install and to setup.. I would say it is a well worth app for the workaround until BB can fix this issue about alerts, ringtones and messages being assigned individually and to come Thru the BT
    Enjoy,
    Ric
    04-10-13 12:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD