with the new dell w7 phones that just leaked all i can say is rip RIMM!
    Yea that phone is amazing i was checking that out a couple days ago. and I'll just add by saying R.I.P. RIM in the consumer market.
    04-21-10 10:32 PM
    Snipped for ease of reading
    I'm not against the concept of a BB flip. Far from it. I like the idea of them moving away from the traditional blackberry form factor, if only for better device differentiation, and because they all suit different tastes.

However, I really think there's a whole heap of things that need to be changed about how this looks. There's so much empty space, and generally it looks very unsolid and flimsy to me.

With the full sized Bold keyboard, it really does seem too wide for me as well. If it had the 9100-sized full qwerty then I could see it working... Its just that I really don't see this as being pleasing to the eye, or sleek and 'Gman' like we have now. The screen looks a lot smaller than it could be given the space, which is annoying.

The one thing that might make this appealing me would be if it were touch screen, and you could twist the screen 360 degrees. That way you could have it closed but with the screen facing. Then you have a perfectly serviceable touch screen berry, and the keyboard appears when you need it. It'd still need some visual tweaks, but it'd fit in nicely with a slider too.
    04-22-10 02:09 AM
    I hope this is cdma only so it never gets released in the UK.
    Well I for one do hope there is a gsm version of this as I love my berry's and my flips.

Please T-Mobile UK bring me this phone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-10 03:32 AM
    Look, I understand some people don't like it, that's fair enough, but why do they wanna stop it from being produced it's beyond me. What's wrong with having the extra option?

04-22-10 05:22 AM
    Look, I understand some people don't like it, that's fair enough, but why do they wanna stop it from being produced it's beyond me. What's wrong with having the extra option?

I hate this phone but if you like it than thats cool. I think people just look at this as RIM is moving in the wrong direction. With all the compotition in smartphones to see RIM produce this its kind of like WTF!

As of options i think RIM has to many. RIM does not need 10 dif models of full QWERTY phones. All they need is a Touchscreen, a Full QWERTY, a Smallphone (pearl) and a flip (pearl flip) that should be plenty of options.
    04-22-10 06:42 AM
    I don't care about aesthetics. If this phone were released on a no contract carrier, I'd buy it.
    05-08-10 10:47 AM
    Still more info is needed with this phone but in comparison to the 9800 (reminds me of an enlarged Pre) will this phone have touch as well? All are allowed their oppinions but I disagree that Rim is moving in the wrong direction, mine is the 9650, 9670, 9800. The last of my choices shows I doubt I would buy it.
    05-08-10 03:07 PM
    this is one hideous looking device by rim, what in the world were they thinking?!?!
    05-22-10 04:56 AM
    It is actually more appealing and functional when you handle the device in person
    06-08-10 11:49 AM
    you guys want to get up close and personal with pics and soon to be video???? go to driphter and check out the clamshell and its operating system!!!
    06-08-10 09:04 PM
    its the kind of phone that should be given to a carrier like metro pcs. hideous
    06-26-10 10:36 AM
    I asked about something like this a while back, so yeah... I'm interested enough to check one out. it might not be enough to sway me away from an Android phone or an iPhone 4 (both depending on what T-Mo USA does in the next 4 months, especially if the rumours are true about the latter).
    08-14-10 05:16 AM
87 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD