Does anyone know if this device will be coming to big red?? And if so, any ETA?
    11-10-10 02:23 PM
    I don't think so mainly because when the clamshell was released by sprint they announced they would be the sole carrier in the US for the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-10 02:33 PM
    I'm pretty sure Sprint does not have an actual exclusive license on this phone like AT&T has with the Torch. From what I read Verizon was offered this phone also and passed on it.I hope it does sell well for Sprint so that VZW reconsiders.So far most of the Style's reviews have been Good or better.If Verizon wants this phone no way RIM turns them down.
    11-10-10 03:34 PM
    ^^^^ Sprint is billing it as an exclusive so I think its just that....EXCLUSIVE!.....Just like ATT has billed the Torch as Exclusive....So what if Verizon wants it now...It had it's shot now it has to wait for the Sprint exclusivity to be over...

That's the way it works.
    11-10-10 04:38 PM
    I'm pretty sure Sprint does not have an actual exclusive license on this phone like AT&T has with the Torch. From what I read Verizon was offered this phone also and passed on it.I hope it does sell well for Sprint so that VZW reconsiders.So far most of the Style's reviews have been Good or better.If Verizon wants this phone no way RIM turns them down.
    ive heard the same thing on Verizon passing....
    11-14-10 07:44 AM
    Does anyone know if this device will be coming to big red?? And if so, any ETA?
    This is just another reason Rim is failing,if they want to sell devices put them on all carriers not just one. I might of considered the style but not on sprints network.
    11-14-10 09:41 AM
    This is just another reason Rim is failing,if they want to sell devices put them on all carriers not just one. I might of considered the style but not on sprints network.
    Did you say that when the Storm was released, that Rim is failing because of exclusives?

Why is it everything fails unless it's on Verizon too....Remember Verizon passed, it wasn't like they weren't offered the phone B**ch to Verizon for that decision...I guess the Torch is failure too because its not on Verizon...

Anyway I think the Phone will do just fine on Sprint....they dont seem to have a problem selling them to this point....and think how fast they'll move when Sprint starts the BOGO on them coming next week....

It's also funny you Verizon guys, were hoping and preying that they passed this on to Sprint calling it "Hideous" and saying "No One wants that thing"...Now we have the final product and the same Verizon fanboys are b**ching "I WANT IT"...Hilarious.
    11-14-10 03:05 PM
    Did you say that when the Storm was released, that Rim is failing because of exclusives?

Why is it everything fails unless it's on Verizon too....Remember Verizon passed, it wasn't like they weren't offered the phone B**ch to Verizon for that decision...I guess the Torch is failure too because its not on Verizon...

Anyway I think the Phone will do just fine on Sprint....they dont seem to have a problem selling them to this point....and think how fast they'll move when Sprint starts the BOGO on them coming next week....

It's also funny you Verizon guys, were hoping and preying that they passed this on to Sprint calling it "Hideous" and saying "No One wants that thing"...Now we have the final product and the same Verizon fanboys are b**ching "I WANT IT"...Hilarious.
    NO I am a former bb user and as I stated Rims releasing devise that are exclusive to certain carriers is hurting their sales and pissing people off plus all of the new devices that have been released have technology from 2 years ago!! I am not bashing Rim because I have a Android device but for the simple reason they are screwing their fan base! How about all the owners that are not getting OS 6.0 that purchased devices less than a year ago? No one can tell me that a bb can compare to the new devices that are being released by other platforms COME ON RIM GET WITH THE PROGRAM!
    11-14-10 04:36 PM
    looks like Verizon will be getting the Blackberry Too-Little-Too-Late phone in 2012. to go along with their 3 year old iphone/ipad marketing campaign.

I'm sooo ready to jump ship from vzw to sprint. 1 yr left in my contract.
    11-15-10 12:46 AM
    ===== QUOTE Lennyj17 ====

===== /QUOTE ====

NO I am a former bb user and as I stated Rims releasing devise that are exclusive to certain carriers is hurting their sales and pissing people off plus all of the new devices that have been released have technology from 2 years ago!! I am not bashing Rim because I have a Android device but for the simple reason they are screwing their fan base! How about all the owners that are not getting OS 6.0 that purchased devices less than a year ago? No one can tell me that a bb can compare to the new devices that are being released by other platforms COME ON RIM GET WITH THE PROGRAM!
    If you are a former BB user, why the **** are you still on this site? Trashing RIM on a BB site when you don't even currently use the device is pretty lame IMO

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    11-15-10 10:17 AM
    using the forums search feature and reading the many other threads on this topic could have saved this thread from death and flaming.
    11-15-10 10:18 AM

It's also funny you Verizon guys, were hoping and preying that they passed this on to Sprint calling it "Hideous" and saying "No One wants that thing"...Now we have the final product and the same Verizon fanboys are b**ching "I WANT IT"...Hilarious
    I have been a longtime Verizon subscriber and BB user. THIS was the phone I was waiting for from months ago. I recently purchased an Android phone which I am very unhappy with. I was about to go and sell this device and buy a BB 9650 (bold) until I saw this flip phone with a full keyboard come out.

I am very disappointed in big red that they did not carry this model. I personally would never switch to sprint based upon their poor customer service and lousy coverage where I live.

I am not a "fanboy", only a person who loves the BB ease of use and was looking forward to big red carrying this device. It's too bad they are so caught up in the android thing and seem to be abandoning RIM's latest offerings (style/torch).

Too bad for me I guess.
    11-15-10 10:27 AM
    All carriers want EXCLUSIVE models, the cell market has 100% penetration (very few new customers to be had) so any growth comes from poaching customers from your competition. Exclusivity allows you to do that.
    Exclusivity is a two way street though. Manufacturer (RIM) gives you exclusivity on a model IF the carrier (Sprint) agrees to buying a specified (and activating) amount of units. If Sprint doesn't meet its commitments in terms of devices sold then RIM can offer the device to Verizon etc.

If Verizon sees its customer base (churn) eroding to a competitive model then they approach RIM to see about their own exclusive.

But to the people who like to make RIM the whipping boy for the smartphone market- I just laugh to myself. Their sales results prove otherwise.
    RIM failing? far from it.

If you want the style on Verizon then contact Verizon and tell them you want the Style. Or go vote with your dollars and take your business to Sprint.
    But to point the finger at RIM?
    I dunno......
    11-27-10 09:49 AM
    IMO big red will probably never see the phone. If i am not mistaken when RIM came to them with it, they Passed on it completely.
    11-28-10 12:42 PM
    As if Verizon Network is sooo much better. coming from someone who had Verizon, for my needs i rather stick to Sprint.
    11-28-10 12:44 PM
    As if Verizon Network is sooo much better. coming from someone who had Verizon, for my needs i rather stick to Sprint.
    So you're assuming that everyone has the same needs as you when it comes to carriers?

Maybe for someone else's needs the Verizon network is sooo much better. I for one, spend a lot of time is Montana and Wyoming, Sprint coverage is absolutely pathetic there. Sprint phones turn to paper weights in most areas, you'd be better off using smoke signals to communicate.

So in my case Verizon is sooo much better, coming from someone with many friends that have Sprint, for my needs I'd rather stick with Verizon.
    11-28-10 01:27 PM
    Well it is the biggest provider in the country. Can't imagine it'd be a bad thing for RIM to have another phone in VZ's lineup.
    11-28-10 01:36 PM
    Biggest does not mean best. You should always first check coverage in the areas you are most and then choose the carrier that has the best coverage

Sprint phones turn to paper weights in most areas, you'd be better off using smoke signals to communicate.
    Perhaps in the areas where you are, so stick by judging to those areas. In most areas sprints coverage is just as good or better then that of VZW. And Sprint users roam foc on VZW and the other way around as far as I know
    11-28-10 08:37 PM
    Biggest does not mean best. You should always first check coverage in the areas you are most and then choose the carrier that has the best coverage

Perhaps in the areas where you are, so stick by judging to those areas. In most areas sprints coverage is just as good or better then that of VZW. And Sprint users roam foc on VZW and the other way around as far as I know
    Please don't just pull a sentence out of my post then disagree with it. At least read the rest of it then make a comment on it.

I said the areas that I want to use a phone in Sprint coverage is pathetic. I live in Minnesota (Good Sprint Coverage) but travel to Montana and Wyoming a lot (pathetic Sprint coverage). Verizon IS the better network for me based on where I use the phone, as I mentioned in my post that you took the one negative comment out of context. Roaming is so inconsistent and unreliable that you can't make a choice on a carrier based off the other networks it can roam off of, that's just ignorant. I've talked to Sprint reps a few times when walking in their store (I live really close to one) to check out phones, and when I told them that I need a phone to work in Montana and Wyoming they've laughed and said to stick with Verizon.

I agree with you that Sprint is just as good in most places than Verizon. I also agree with you that a person should pick the carrier that works best for them then choose a phone. My first post goes right along with what you're saying, that it's all about an individuals needs, which I why I don't understand why you took the one negative comment about Sprint and separated it from the rest of my post explaining why I think that way...
    11-28-10 09:14 PM
    You said in "in most areas" without connecting that to Wyoming and Montana. Read you sentence again. It seemed you like made that count for the whole country

Good that we agree
    11-29-10 02:11 AM
    Mistik, you're right, I did say that in the one sentence. Do you read each sentence all by itself? Or do you look at the whole paragraph as one coherent thought with supporting evidence throughout?

What I did was make a paragraph like they taught you way back in elementary school. Start with a topic sentence, give supporting evidence, then end it with a sentence that sums up the paragraph. This is simple reading comprehension. I felt no need to say Wyoming and Montana when I said it in the previous sentence, it was implied that's what I meant because it was in that paragraph that I used to prove why Sprint isn't for me.

The only time that sentence wouldn't be correct is when it's taken out of context, like you did. If you would have quoted the whole paragraph you're post would have made no sense.

So as I said in my last post, please don't pull random sentences out of context then disagree with them when it was just evidence to support the overall point of the post. I'm sorry that I hurt your beloved carrier, but that's what I have found with Sprint, it doesn't work for my needs.

Last edited by ridesno159; 11-29-10 at 07:29 AM.
    11-29-10 07:27 AM
    Lik i said that's fine. It was the way i read that. One extra word could prevent reading it the wrong way.

People should always look at reception first, then at the carrier with the best reception for you area and then choose the phone that fits you.
    11-29-10 08:20 AM
    I appreciate all of your responses - however - Could we get this back on topic and if anyone "in the know" has information on whether or when this handset will ever be available on Verizon?
    11-29-10 10:30 AM
    I appreciate all of your responses - however - Could we get this back on topic and if anyone "in the know" has information on whether or when this handset will ever be available on Verizon?
    We've already told you...NO THE PHONE'S NOT GOING TO VERIZON.....VERIZON POO POO'D IT! Blame Verizon
    11-29-10 11:11 AM
    Yea the Style is NOT coming to Verizon. Period.

And Mistik, you never said "that's fine" I did imply that from your posts though. You see how that works? I read your WHOLE post and assumed that's what you meant.

I read my post again, then again, and it still makes sense to me. There's no reason to mention Wyoming and Montana (more then one word) when I mentioned it in the previous sentence. I never talked about the whole country or most of it, as my post said I never even discussed Sprint's nationwide coverage.I was speaking of just Wyoming and Montana. That most of those states have pathetic Sprint coverage.

I think you need to work on your reading comprehension a little, and not just pull the one sentence out that you dislike and comment on it.

11-29-10 12:50 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD