Did the GPS fix ... still not getting good battery duration.I listen to talk radio with Iheart and in 20 mins half the battery is gone. I got my 13 $ battery from ebay today, thanks for that tip.

I have 15 days left to return it ... I think I might try a new one .... Maybe I just got a drainer.....
    01-14-11 05:56 PM
    Sounds like you have a defect, I would definitely exchange it while you can. This phone has a small battery and its never going to last as long as a Tour/Bold but there are no apps that should drain 50% in 20 minutes. I don't even think Sprint Navigation would drain it THAT fast!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 06:25 PM
    I had that problem in the 1rst 4days after purchasing my style! Even the battery was getting hot took my baby back to Sprint and the techs.They had to do a HARD RESET took all my 3rd party apps off and n it fixed my battery problem

Last edited by dabusdriver; 01-20-11 at 08:40 PM.
    01-20-11 08:37 PM
    I had that problem in the 1rst 4days after purchasing my style! Even the battery was getting hot took my baby back to Sprint and the techs.They had to do a HARD RESET took all my 3rd party apps off and n it fixed my battery problem

What did a "hard reset" consist of? My Style is still at 50% after 12hrs of normal use, however, my wife works in a poor coverage area and her battery is at 30% after 8hrs of standby... Maybe a reset will help her phone.

01-20-11 10:45 PM
    I got it at Best Buys .... Took it back the gave me a new one no problems ... brought the 20$ screen protector also and had them install it. The front and main screen seem to scratch very easy.

So we will see ... today was the the first day and it lasted a lot longer then the last one.
    01-20-11 11:39 PM
    What did a "hard reset" consist of? My Style is still at 50% after 12hrs of normal use, however, my wife works in a poor coverage area and her battery is at 30% after 8hrs of standby... Maybe a reset will help her phone.

Hard Reset is when the techs took the phone and rest the phone to "factory" settings. They "erased" my 3rd party apps n the phone was reset to right -out -of-box settings. Apperantly I downloaded something that continued to run even though it was off

01-30-11 08:38 PM
    Hard Reset is when the techs took the phone and rest the phone to "factory" settings. They "erased" my 3rd party apps n the phone was reset to right -out -of-box settings. Apperantly I downloaded something that continued to run even though it was off

The solution to that is to hold down the BB keys for 5 seconds
    sometimes to see whats running in the back round, and shut down what you don't need.
    01-30-11 08:53 PM
    Since I exchanged my phone ..... This battery lasts all day. With the GPS off.
    01-31-11 08:11 PM
    Since I exchanged my phone ..... This battery lasts all day. With the GPS off.
    I had to exchange my Style also yesterday (it didn't want to stay connected to BIS for some reason). Before I exchanged it, I was getting what I thought to be good battery life for such a small battery... I was usually at around 50% after 14-16hrs of average use... this was after about a week or so of charging the phone all night as I slept. I read alot of different opinions on the Style's battery life and I may have stumbled onto something. Obviously everyone has different usage patterns and different ideas of what "moderate-heavy" usage means. I find it strange that it took a while to "break in" the battery on my first Style, yet the battery on my new Style has been phenomenal already! I charged it for about an hour when I first got it since it was at 30% out of the box. I then charged it for 5hrs while I slept. I woke up in the middle of the night and took it off of the charger and now here I am at 19hrs and its at 50%. This is on my 1st day of use! My other Style with this same usage would be around 20%. Both had GPS off. I guess time will tell if this can be improved upon, but the thing I noticed was my new Style was made in Canada, and the old one was made in Mexico. Not sure if this is a coincidence or not.
    02-05-11 12:34 AM
    I've had my Style 9670 for 2 months now and I love the phone but the battery life seemed to be horrible from day 1, I was getting approximately 5hrs of battery life per charge, and even overnight if I charged my phone to 100% by the morning it would be at 65 or 70% with no wifi, no bluetooth and absolutely no activity.

I decided to do a clean wipe using crackmem utility because I read earlier on this post that someone had problems when they switched from their curve to a style the restore settings had messed up their style and was draining their battery. Well after the fresh install of my OS the phone went 10hrs overnight and the battery drained only drained 12%. So instead of restoring all my apps, I did them individual through blackberry app world and mobihand. It takes alot of time (4 to 5hrs) but I was able to pinpoint what the whole problem was all along. I had 2 apps that was absolutely obliterating my battery. Crunch SMS and Ping Chat, even when closed and not running in the background these two apps where draining my battery by 10% every 30 minutes on a good day and up to 20% every 30 minutes during use. After deleting those two apps as well as aol IM, YMessenger and Windows Messenger (just for good measure although those messengers didn't seem to drain the battery as noticeably as Pingchat and Crunch sms) I left the other 14 apps I like to use on the phone, made sure only the apps that had to run in the background where running which were a total of 8.

I've gone approximately 8 1/2 hours including 6hrs overnight and 2 1/2 hrs of regular use. I have 71% battery life left and it seems to be draining slower and slower by the hour as if it's adjusting and may last even longer on the next charge and Im happy with that!
    jiffy247 and darkangel07760 like this.
    04-24-11 07:20 AM
    Update, I went a total of 15 1/2 hrs and my battery was down to 15%, of those 15 1/2 hrs I used the phone heavily for text, phone and browsing the web and app world for at least 4-5hrs. and 6hrs I was sleep, the remaining hrs I used it randomly every 30min to 1hr. Im satisfied with this battery life. I even decided to try a new IM out for my group chats and downloaded WhatsApp and it does drain but nowhere near as much as pingchat or crunchsms. With regular Whatsapp use I am still getting approximately 9% battery drain per hour so I should be able to go 10 +hrs on a full battery. Not quite the 17+ I can get with no Chat apps on my phone but still pretty good and way better then the 5 or less I use to get.
    04-24-11 10:01 PM
    How do you check what apps or programs are running in the back ground if any.....?

also on my old EVO I used to use an App called Advanced task Killer which would let you shut down all checked apps at once to save battery power is there anything like that for my BB style?..

So far my battery lasts from 9am to around 2am with 20% left
    04-26-11 03:49 PM
    How do you check what apps or programs are running in the back ground if any.....?

also on my old EVO I used to use an App called Advanced task Killer which would let you shut down all checked apps at once to save battery power is there anything like that for my BB style?..

So far my battery lasts from 9am to around 2am with 20% left
    If you press and hold the BB Menu key it will show open apps. (Home, browser, messages, bbm and phone will always show open). If you type "application management" from universal search and if you scroll left to right it will show more details about how much memory apps are using, etc.

04-26-11 04:24 PM
    The solution to that is to hold down the BB keys for 5 seconds
    sometimes to see whats running in the back round, and shut down what you don't need.
    How do you shut down what you don't need? I can bring up what's running in the bg but which button do I push to turn that app off? Thanks!
    Darcy
    05-22-11 02:43 PM
    Blackberry menu key and select close or exit depending on the app

EDIT. - once the app is open and you are in it

05-22-11 02:55 PM
    Close/Exit all applications once you're done using them.
    If you have applications that update automatically, make sure they're set for 20 minutes or over.
    05-22-11 02:58 PM
    I actually did a full wipe yesterday, and install bbh-plus' .570 hybrid...fresh install of all apps and restored only contacts, calendar and memos! Its a brand new phone now, super fast, smooth with zero lag and no hourglass! The radio signal and build seem super stable so far, and battery life has been greatly improved! Today after 3hrs of steady use of browser, wifi, sms, mms, camera, apps, bbm, gps on, etc, and playing with it constantly, battery is still at 85%, seems better so far considering before I was lucky to get 6 or 7 hours before it needed charging, I'll repost later tonight how it drains the rest of the day

05-22-11 05:10 PM
    Blackberry menu key and select close or exit depending on the app

EDIT. - once the app is open and you are in it

Got it, thanks. I wasn't opening it first.
    Darcy
    05-22-11 05:37 PM
    Battery level update on the .570 hybrid, 14hrs later, I'd say moderate/average use (mostly facebook, bbm, and sms) the rest of the day. battery is at 15%

05-23-11 05:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD