I received a Style 3 weeks ago and I love it dearly. It's definitely a huge leap from my old Samsung. I was wondering if there are ways of arranging what icons there are on the homescreen? I don't really much care for thumbing my way through icons for the phone/voicemail options.
    12-28-10 02:48 PM
    just highlight the icon you want to move but don’t click it > press the BB menu key > select move > move the icon to where you want it and then click the track pad.
    12-28-10 04:17 PM
    I received a Style 3 weeks ago and I love it dearly. It's definitely a huge leap from my old Samsung. I was wondering if there are ways of arranging what icons there are on the homescreen? I don't really much care for thumbing my way through icons for the phone/voicemail options.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

12-30-10 06:35 AM
    Oooops. Well idk what just happened but I lost my whole post. Good thing I guess..it was long! I was just saying that since you're switching from samsung maybe you didn't know some of the other things you can do with the icons such as hide them away or put them in folders to keep things more organized. Both can be done simply by highlighting your icon then bb button then..if you just want to hide the icon away click hide OR you can make folders for example my folders are labeled downloads (for anything I dl its all right there in case I get something weird happening I can go back and delete applications) I have a folder for all my email adresses so they're not scattered all over and then I have a misc folder that I keep things I might want to use at some point. If you choose to "hide" icons you can easily find them again by pressing the bb buTton and "show all" it will show your hidden icons but dimmed. If you make folders you can also go into the folder and highlight a fav app bb button then add to favorites. This will add it to your favorites tab while still keeping it tucked away in a folder on your "all" tab. I didn't like the way the new OS didn't give an option to change these tabs in the beginning but doing it this way makes it much easier. At least for me. good luck!

12-30-10 07:06 AM
    Is there a way of adding new tabs? Besides All and Favorites and the like?
    12-30-10 08:26 AM
    As of right now, no there isn't.
    12-30-10 08:43 AM
    Is there a way of getting rid of the tabs. All I want is the All tab.
    12-31-10 04:31 PM
    Is there a way of getting rid of the tabs. All I want is the All tab.
    unfortunately - negative, there is no way at this time to get rid of tabs as you mentioned in your post.
    12-31-10 04:38 PM
    That sucks. I find it clumsy having the other tabs in there.
    12-31-10 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD