Hello all, I recently purchased a Style for my girlfriend as an upgrade from her very abused Bold 9650. She doesn't appreciate how much of a workhorse blackberries are like I do. I can go on and on about how much I push my phone to the limit, but this is more about my first impressions of the Style. I received it earlier this week and when I took it out of the packaging, I was VERY impressed! The feel, look, and form is so much different then what I'm use to. I couldn't help but to keep sliding in and out of my pocket, and flipping it open and closed. The keyboard for me was a little awkward at first, but after 5 minutes of playing with I gotten used to the flat feel. The screen was not as noticeably wider, but I could tell that is was longer. The res was slightly less then on the Bold when held side by side viewing different sites and images, but really has to be stared at for awhile. Performance seemed the same as on my Bold. Having one less convenience key is no biggie. The 5mp camera is great, placement could have been better. All is all I really like it. So much so that 30min ago I purchased one for myself I'm testing my gf Style to see which of my current apps on my Bold will work on it. I know from reading other posts that I'm probably going to have to buy a 2nd battery, no problemo thou. Thanks to all who listen to my rant.

PS- My gf also LOVED the phone!!!
    05-12-11 07:44 PM
    great to hear.. the Style is a solid device!
    jiffy247 likes this.
    05-12-11 07:47 PM
    I switched to the BB Style 9670 from both an iPhone 4 and Palm Pre Plus with at&t. After using candy bar style phones for years. It feels nice to be using a clam shell device again. The BB Style is a great phone and I love it. Hopefully BlackBerry will make a Style 2 in larger form with QNX, a 2.8 inch exterior screen, 3.5 inch interior touch screen, NFC, and a 2.0 megapixel interior camera for video calling. That would be the perfect phone to me.
    Last edited by Rainforrest; 05-13-11 at 02:40 PM.
    darkangel07760 likes this.
    05-13-11 09:31 AM
    I'd like to see more Style availability, honestly. They did a worthy job putting BlackBerry features and function into a flip form. It is very easy to like, and quite easy to hold.

The two biggest drawbacks, as noted, are the camera location and the smaller battery. But it seems BlackBerry across the board is going thinner. I have mixed feelings about that trend.
    I really think the phone function would be even better with more juice. But that's my 25.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-11 05:26 PM
    I switched to the BB Style 9670 from both an iPhone 4 and Palm Pre Plus with at&t. After using candy bar style phones for years. It feels nice to be using a clam shell device again. The BB Style is a great phone and I love it. Hopefully BlackBerry will make a Style 2 in larger form with QNX, a 2.8 inch exterior screen, 3.5 inch interior touch screen, NFC, and a 2.0 megapixel interior camera for video calling. That would be the perfect phone to me.
    LoL that sounds like your looking for the perfect phone. Which i want too

I'd like to see more Style availability, honestly. They did a worthy job putting BlackBerry features and function into a flip form. It is very easy to like, and quite easy to hold.

The two biggest drawbacks, as noted, are the camera location and the smaller battery. But it seems BlackBerry across the board is going thinner. I have mixed feelings about that trend.
    I really think the phone function would be even better with more juice. But that's my 25.

Yes, it definitely needs at least a 1500mh battery. Thats probably why I would need to get a 2nd, or even 3rd spare.
    05-17-11 06:40 AM
    2nd or even a 3rd battery, how bad is battery life on the style?
    05-17-11 06:51 AM
    2nd or even a 3rd battery, how bad is battery life on the style?
    From what I seen/heard the battery is ok. Not as powerful as my Bold 9650, I have to fully charge my Bold ever 5 hours everyday minus sunday. That's how much I work my phone just to give an example. I feel with the 1100mh in the Style it won't last as long. But in no means am I saying the Style has poor battery or problems with it, still good battery life

05-17-11 07:12 AM
    Ah cool, and wow you must have that thing going non stop!
    05-17-11 07:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD