The title is self-explanatory... Does this thing have a front-facing camera? I know that little circle in the upper right can't be the LED, because you'd never see the flashing with the clam shell closed.

Here's the large image from BGR for reference:

04-21-10 02:30 AM
    proximity sensor.
    04-21-10 08:08 AM
    good call... or a light sensor maybe too

but definitely NOT a cam lens... too tiny
    04-21-10 09:08 AM
    It is a small opening. But I wouldn't expect it to be a high MP or maybe not even auto-focus if it's just for teleconferencing. Are there any other models that have a "proximity sensor" that looks like that?

Maybe I'm just looking for some redeeming value for this phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 03:42 PM
    The Pearl Flip had the same dot. its a sensor.
    04-21-10 04:33 PM
    The Pearl Flip had the same dot. its a sensor.
    Oh did it? I guess there's no redeeming value then. But I'm sure it'll find a place in the market.

Any idea what it senses? Is it just there to determine if it's open or closed?
    04-21-10 04:40 PM
    Oh did it? I guess there's no redeeming value then. But I'm sure it'll find a place in the market.

Any idea what it senses? Is it just there to determine if it's open or closed?
    from playin with it with my thumb(covering it, uncovering it), it senses light and adjusts the screens backlight.
    04-21-10 05:14 PM
    Optical sensor.
    Nothing new here. Move along.
    :P
    04-21-10 05:17 PM
    Actually that hole is for draining the water out after you get pissed when 6.0 crashes and you throw it in the lake or try to flush it...

Good of RIM to think ahead! LOL..
    04-21-10 05:36 PM
    light sensor. on to the next one
    05-07-10 02:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD