I am traveling to the UK in a few weeks and am wondering if I can use a sim card from a UK phone company and if so, what (if anything) I need to do the phone.
    01-13-11 12:41 AM
    Unlock it. Sometimes you can get a free unlock code from VZW. If not just look in the unlock section. Codes only cost a few bucks and you receive instantly.
    01-13-11 12:48 AM
    When you land in the UK, pick up a pre-pay (called 'pay as you go' in the UK) sim for either O2, Orange, or Vodafone. After you insert it, and register it, you will need to to put money onto the account. Once this is done you will be able to call them up and activate the BB serivces. I think O2 require a minimum top up of 20, and then its 5 per month from memory.

This is what I do when I return to the UK.
    01-13-11 02:26 AM
    As a heads up though, your current phone number won't work with a UK SIM card. You will get a UK phone number that is matched to your SIM.
    01-13-11 02:41 AM
    I have had terrible service with Orange, and so have my friends who used Orange in the UK and Europe. Next time I'm in Europe, I plan on getting a Vodafone SIM card in hopes of better service.
    01-13-11 11:25 AM
    OMG .....how the heck are you still using a BB Storm??? it should be a crime to still be using something that old

when you get to the UK...buy a Z10....its now almost dirt cheap!!! and will most definitely come with a pay-as-you-go sim
    01-10-14 07:00 AM
    OMG .....how the heck are you still using a BB Storm??? it should be a crime to still be using something that old

when you get to the UK...buy a Z10....its now almost dirt cheap!!! and will most definitely come with a pay-as-you-go sim
    You do realize that your response was to a 3 year old post...
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    01-17-14 05:53 PM
    I bet the op does not use the Storm anymore. I would almost bet my life on it. Too bad spammers don't look at the dates of the posts they reply to huh.
    01-17-14 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD