I got a blackberry storm 2 fairly recently, unfortunately I can't seem to do ANYTHING with it. The app store doesn't work unless I'm connected to verizon (and I won't since I don't want to buy service for this old phone), and none of the other apps or functions of the device really work. Does anyone know how to get the store working without paying to hook it up with service? is there any way to sideload apps from the computer. If I'm crazy can I hack the thing and put emulators on it? any idea would be much apreciated
    12-16-15 05:04 PM
    And old Storm device... Ditch it and move on.
    Legacy BB devices are no longer being supported (OK - BB might fix security issues and answer questions) but apart from that it's dead.
    12-16-15 05:50 PM
    I got a blackberry storm 2 fairly recently, unfortunately I can't seem to do ANYTHING with it. The app store doesn't work unless I'm connected to verizon (and I won't since I don't want to buy service for this old phone), and none of the other apps or functions of the device really work. Does anyone know how to get the store working without paying to hook it up with service? is there any way to sideload apps from the computer. If I'm crazy can I hack the thing and put emulators on it? any idea would be much apreciated
    I'm in Canada, and mine (Verizon model) added the app world the minute I turned on the cellular radio and it connected to Telus's CDMA network. I have no account with Telus. Have you tried letting yours connect to the network?

The other alternative is to search for OTA apps. There are still a number of sites with collections of over-the-air apps for old BBOS phones. Try searchiing for "BlackBerry OTA apps." You can just download and install them over wifi.

I use mine for an alarm clock -- with built-in insomnia apps -- for podcasts and CrackBerry. It also still runs IM+ and Opera Mini.
    Last edited by Shuswap; 12-24-15 at 01:39 PM.
    12-23-15 02:58 PM
    Mp3 player.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 09:28 AM