Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
01-12-10 04:26 AM
82 ... 234
tools
    Thank you - and thank you for the answer.
    12-22-09 11:54 PM
    Thanks for the great post and all of the pics. I was trying to find some indication of how the camera lens cover is attached and if it can be replaced easily. My lens cover has started to develop some scratches from the case I'm using (grrrrrrr) just to the left of the middle of the opening and I may want to replace it one day. I don't think they are close enough to affect photographs but I'd rather have it right.

Jack
    Last edited by jack22182; 12-25-09 at 08:54 PM.
    12-25-09 07:11 PM
    Great informative post. Us amateurs have to stick together against those that are "better" than us I think it was quite unprofessional the way the "moderator" scoffed at your work, shame on him.
    12-25-09 07:39 PM
    Great informative post. Us amateurs have to stick together against those that are "better" than us I think it was quite unprofessional the way the "moderator" scoffed at your work, shame on him.
    I agree!

Additionally, has no one been able to confirm the processor of the Storm2 yet? Did I miss this? Why is that? TBacker?
    01-05-10 07:38 PM
    Additionally, has no one been able to confirm the processor of the Storm2 yet? Did I miss this? Why is that? TBacker?
    All of the devices, including the processor, are sealed inside metal covers that are soldered to the circuit board. The metal covers prevent radio frequency interference.

Unless one has an industrial flow soldering station OR a phone they don't mind destroying, there's no way to get a peek at the chipset.
    01-05-10 07:58 PM
    I was trying to find some indication of how the camera lens cover is attached and if it can be replaced easily.
    The thin plastic cover over the camera and flash is just that - and it will peel off if you slowly and patiently pry it with a thin object. It's attached with the famous RIM adhesive goo tape.

That tape is sticky enough to reapply another cover without issues. I sometimes use a toothpick and some contact cement to supplement the tape if it's misplaced or has lost some stickyness.

Where would you get another cover?
    01-05-10 08:01 PM
    there are repair shops all over the place willing to supply folk like us with inexpensive parts. i know a gent who supplied myself with an s1 screen & digitizer, he charged 50$ for it because i've been sending him business
    01-12-10 04:26 AM
82 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD