OK, so I found this guy after leaving it sit for a long time. It would not start, but it turns out that putting a new battery in it brought it back to life and it came up like I just turned it off yesterday. Now I guess I'd like to make at least occasional use of it. Anyone able to tell me how I can do that? My understanding it the usual SIMs I have on hand for my modern phones will not play well with the Storm 2. Suggestions>
    08-27-14 03:22 PM
    Well now, let's see, you can use it as a high end mp3 player, use it a a bluetooth remote for a Praybook, a "baitphone" when some thug on the street asks for your phone, a pocket camera you won't mind when someone pushes you into the pool at the party,
    No kidding aside, I just found mine and powered it up, found some stuff on it that I had forgotten about and transferred to the Z30, but now I'm trying it out as the "house remote" for the Praybooks we have in the house to control media/music to the tv/audio system. And a to do list minder, all remotley wipeable.....

As to actually using it for daily phone calls and such, I think using a "turtle" (os5) after OS10, that's just plain torture.
    08-27-14 03:47 PM
    I was reading that as "Batphone!" I was thinking that would be pretty cool
    08-27-14 03:51 PM
    I had that phone and I enjoyed it! I really thought sure press was pretty cool. Now after being on BlackBerry 10, I don't think I could ever go back to that phone. One thing I loved about the OS was importing custom theme's. I had a Fallout theme and thought it was awesome! Too bad we can't do theme's on our BlackBerry 10's.

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    06-03-15 11:25 PM
    I am in the same boat...only my story is not as happy. I found my old Storm 2, figured the battery was toast (it was), and bought two supposedly new batteries off E-Bay. Put the new battery in, charged it up, and in 6 hours, with NO useage, it was dead. Put in the other new battery and keeping my fingers crossed it will hold a charge. The original battery that came with it held a good charge for DAYS when not used. Never thought Lithium-Ion batteries went dead with age, but maybe that is the case. My last hope is if this second battery dies out, I go back on E-Bay and buy one of the "extra power" batteries they make. At least it will be brand new. And if it conks out, I know my phone is shot.
    06-08-15 12:22 AM
    I went from a Storm2 to a Z10. I'm with Verizon. When I activated my Z10, my Storm2 died. It's still sitting on my desk. I use it as a paperweight.
    08-23-15 08:23 PM
    Storm 2, in my blackberry history is like my Eleanor for Nicolas Cage. I always wanted and finally got in this days. 100% working and mint condition. I play old days with it and sold it. Now I can move on.

Enviado desde mi SM-N910T mediante Tapatalk
    08-23-15 09:00 PM