So one more thing about this phone. Had it sitting on top of a notepad on my desk, went to grab it and instead wound up knocking it off the notepad onto the desk, no big deal right?
    Well the phone went dark, the screen locked, and it rebooted itself. Now that I think about it it has done this to me a couple of times where if I knock something with the phone or do something to "rattle" the phone it reboots.
    A bit too sensitive if you ask me, anyone else experience this?

Reminds me of the old CD players before they had the "anti-skip" built in them, any little bump and they would skip horribly. LOL
    11-03-09 10:54 AM
    Sure enough.. I just shook mine and it rebooted.. WTF.. that's not good.
    11-03-09 10:58 AM
    Try reseating your battery
    11-03-09 11:00 AM
    So is this the new Quickpull tool, when you need to reboot just shake it..
    11-03-09 11:09 AM
    ok, i had this problem, and if you look and in this forum here you will see my post.

I had a different battery here ( I have several cause I administrate the phones at my office)

once I replaced the batter, it seemed to stop. but then i had a few reboots

Saturday, I stopped by the verizon kios, and they guy said there was an update cause of the wifi, he deleted and resended the wifi service book and I havent had one reboot as of yet.
    11-03-09 11:10 AM
    I am putting back in my original batter as I speak, I will repost when i get back from lunch and let you know if it reboots or not, if it doesnt, then it must have to do with wifi.

I couldnt get it to reboot everytime when i dropped it about an inch from my desk, it seemed to, but then when i tried to prove it, it didnt.
    11-03-09 11:13 AM
    Battery is in snug and so is the battery cover. not a loose battery issue.
    RJ5570 let me know what you find with the whole WiFi thing.
    11-03-09 11:16 AM
    Are you on BES or BIS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 11:17 AM
    I'm on BES
    11-03-09 11:20 AM
    Testing cover being the issue.
    Took cover off and held battery in place as I shook it and nothing happened.
    Put battery cover back on and shook it again and it rebooted.. Looks like cover issue to me.
    11-03-09 11:29 AM
    Sounds like a crazy problem..
    but how about posting under the problems thread rather than starting a new thread and cluttering up the main page..
    11-03-09 12:53 PM
    ok, reporting back

when I put the original battery back in, it rebooted EVERY time i dropped it or bumped it on the top (where the battery is)

I am not waiting for it to reboot, i put in my older storm 1 battery (that I have had in all weekend till today and it never rebooted) to test.

I think its the battery itself.
    11-03-09 01:20 PM
    I don't doubt it. My battery fits pretty loose in the phone. I put a piece of black electric tape around the back of the battery and it gives it just enough extra thickness to hold it in firm.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 11-03-09 at 01:32 PM.
    11-03-09 01:26 PM
    ok all

I put that battery back in. I can now bounce my phone on the top end, on my desk, over and over and over again, no reboot.

BATTERY issue!

not the phone, not the back cover.
    11-03-09 01:26 PM
    Interesting. my battery is really tight in there.. wonder if this will require an exchange... bleh

Well I just tried it again with the cover off to see if I could see the battery move, and nothing, phone will not reboot. put the cover back on and tried it and the phone rebooted.
    11-03-09 02:50 PM
    Im luck i tried the little drop and it didn't reboot at all
    11-03-09 03:22 PM
    ok, well now the battery I replaced it with is doing it.

grrrrrr! I am going to do more testing, if by putting electric tape, or trying to secure the battery better doesnt work, then I will have to say its a defective phone.
    11-05-09 12:25 PM
    ok, well now the battery I replaced it with is doing it.

grrrrrr! I am going to do more testing, if by putting electric tape, or trying to secure the battery better doesnt work, then I will have to say its a defective phone.
    I have found that if I take the battery cover and put it back on and tap the phone it will not reboot. however after using ti for a bit (maybe shifting the cover while typing or something) if I tap the phone it will reboot.
    11-05-09 12:28 PM
    ya i just noticed that too. cause now I cant do it. this sucks!
    11-05-09 12:35 PM
    no its still doing it.

anyone talk to verizon about this? I just did, and I was told to go into a store. I really dont want to swap out my phone. I have invisible shield on it. plus the whole pin issue.
    11-05-09 12:45 PM
    I have not but am really thinking about going in.. don't really want to, just the PIN change would be a PIA
    11-05-09 12:59 PM
    Just put a thin piece of card between the battery cover and the battery, it's not elegant but it works.
    04-08-15 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD