10-16-14 02:07 AM
38 12
tools
    Wow didn't realise it was that bad
    It isn't that bad, you have a Storm 2 correct? That is the 9550, it has 256mb of ram and performs so much better than the 9530 ever dreamed of. As Jimberry said, the Storm 2 really is what the first Storm should have been.

I can't help but wonder how much better things would have turned out if they had release the Storm 2 first.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll have fun with it. I always liked the Storm 2 personally. The only thing that killed it for me and many others was BlackBerry refusing to give it the OS6 update so soon after it launched.
    04-09-14 09:24 AM
    It is a Storm 2 but I couldn't find a 9550. It is a 9520. What is the difference between them? Is it just the ram?
    04-09-14 11:21 AM
    It is a Storm 2 but I couldn't find a 9550. It is a 9520. What is the difference between them? Is it just the ram?
    Ah nice! In my opinion, the 9520 is better than a 9550. They are basically the same phone (including the amount of RAM), but the 9520 is GSM/UMTS/HSPA while the 9550 is a World phone that is primarily used on Verizon's CDMA network.

Your 9520 will easily work on many more networks than a 9550 will.
    04-09-14 12:24 PM
    I always liked the Storm 2 personally. The only thing that killed it for me and many others was BlackBerry refusing to give it the OS6 update so soon after it launched.
    My thoughts exactly. I still have my 9550 (Storm 2) in its charging dock on my desk. I remember waiting for OS6 to come out and couldn't believe it when they said it wouldn't be available for my device.
    04-09-14 12:51 PM
    I had the 9550 for a good few years and I loved it. It was a great idea that needed more work on it to be the real "iPhone killer" that it was lead to be. But no I would so Frankenstein it and use it as my main phone for sure.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 01:20 PM
    I sometimes fire it up on my wifi for old time's sake,
    I found my Storm 2 and fired it up and connected it to my wifi. I tried to get my old BBM working and it wouldn't. I wonder what the prob was with that. It was fun nostalgia looking at what apps I had on there and what its counterparts look like on BB10.
    09-25-14 06:08 PM
    I found my Storm 2 and fired it up and connected it to my wifi. I tried to get my old BBM working and it wouldn't. I wonder what the prob was with that. It was fun nostalgia looking at what apps I had on there and what its counterparts look like on BB10.
    Lol... its fun to try and get old devices working... get the BIS plan for a month and have fun / frustration. I tried my hand on my 9860... no comments... just too much of work and horrible touch screen...

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 07:57 PM
    Hey Guys,

Kinda new to the storm series meself, i've been v kindly loaned a mates storm 2 for a few weeks. So far absolutely loving it, the guy i'm loaning it off has installed all the latest OS updates etc etc so it runs really well, dead quick n snappy. However the only thing i'm slightly unsure about is the sure press technology for the screen.

Why didn't blackberry just use a norm touch screen? This would've made the whole typing experience a whole lot better, don't get me wrong once your used to the sensation of actually pressing the screen down to type its pretty damm simple to use but still would prefer the storm 2 as a touchscreen only. Also can anyone confirm the future for RIM as I was told the other day when I went into an o2 store to top my phone up that they've gone bust?!
    10-02-14 08:07 AM
    I have an unused storm. I had 4. Vodafone sent me 4 instead of one. I used it a lot. So funny this clicking screen. Miss that sometimes.
    Now storm ran in OS5. It's search function would look at the Notes field. Later OS6 Torch and BlackBerry 10 do not search in note fields. Not good.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 04:32 PM
    Hey Guys,

Kinda new to the storm series meself, i've been v kindly loaned a mates storm 2 for a few weeks. So far absolutely loving it, the guy i'm loaning it off has installed all the latest OS updates etc etc so it runs really well, dead quick n snappy. However the only thing i'm slightly unsure about is the sure press technology for the screen.

Why didn't blackberry just use a norm touch screen? This would've made the whole typing experience a whole lot better, don't get me wrong once your used to the sensation of actually pressing the screen down to type its pretty damm simple to use but still would prefer the storm 2 as a touchscreen only. Also can anyone confirm the future for RIM as I was told the other day when I went into an o2 store to top my phone up that they've gone bust?!
    Wow , you're impressed by the Storm2 ?
    Since you like touch screens , you should really go try BB10 devices ( Z10 , Z30 )
    Or if you want the best of both - the Passport.
    10-07-14 05:02 PM
    Hey Guys,

The history behind the sure press was due to the fact that all BBs before the Storm had physical keyboards, a sensation that BB users preferred (i.e., the feeling of actually 'pressing' down on something/keys). So, to make the transition from physically pressing keys to just touching glass was something RIM thought might make the Storm a more difficult transition for its keyboard loving users. Thus, right or wrong we got sure press technology. (I actually loved my Storm 2. Go figure!). As to RIM, now BBRY, they seem to be a bit Phoenix-like, rising from the ashes. Time will tell, but signs appear brighter than they have for a long time now.
    10-07-14 05:17 PM
    Thnx for all the replies guys, i'm currently using a 9900 but might get a storm 2 as a backup phone though.

Hope RIM have got a bright future as although their been outsold by likes of the I phone, samsung etc I still know a helluva lotta people who use blackberries either for work or personal use. Yh they've produced some bloody awful phones (9300/9320) but now seems they've nailed down the build quality & reliability at last.

Storm 2 i've got on loan at current from a mate is brill, got all the latest software updates etc on it & is cracking would recommend it to others.
    10-13-14 07:07 AM
    I loved the sure press on my 9530. I had just posted on the 9860 forum that my 9530 satisfied me longer than my 9860 did. What kept my 9530 fresh was the ability to change themes, updating the theme on my 9530 kept it fresh. I booted up my 9860 several months after I got my Z10 and I put it down after a couple minutes, OS/phone was so dated!

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 02:07 AM
38 12