04-28-15 01:40 PM
32 12
tools
    I tried all:
    - o2 Germany says that all is set up right on their side.
    - I have to register my phone on the o2 network. But I never get a response when I am trying via HTR - Register NOW!
    - Without registering my phone I cannot set up an account at o2online - BlackBerry!
    - And without registering I do not get the Service Books!
    It seems to be a circle which I am running in!

Greetings,
    Caipi

Alright. I think the solution would be to wipe your os and then reinstall the os again. Have you tried that ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-09 04:25 PM
    Alright. I think the solution would be to wipe your os and then reinstall the os again. Have you tried that ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No I haven't tried that.
    How can I do that!
    Is it possible via the BlackBerry Desktop Manager?

I would be happy about help, because I like the phone, but I have to decide if I send it back to the US or not.

So I would really appreciate your help,
    Caipi
    11-28-09 06:10 PM
    No I haven't tried that.
    How can I do that!
    Is it possible via the BlackBerry Desktop Manager?

I would be happy about help, because I like the phone, but I have to decide if I send it back to the US or not.

So I would really appreciate your help,
    Caipi
    Sure. You can do it with Blackberry Desktop Manager but i suggest first you should do two things.

Goto Blackberry US website and download the Firmware or OS from the Verizon Area

Get JLCMDR (just google it).

First you will need to wipe your phone with JLCMDR then let your BB desktop Manager reinstall the OS

Also you might wanna look at this.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/service-books-372805/
    PM me if you need anything else
    Last edited by karanveer; 11-29-09 at 08:19 AM.
    11-29-09 08:13 AM
    I had the same problem when I purchased the 9550 and wanted to run it in Austria with T-Mobile.
    However, as I previously worked at T-Mobile and still have some friends, we found out that the 9550 has a reconfigured APN for the Blackberry services which is not working at T-Mobile. Usually, all reconfigured APN can be overwritten by a central T-Mobile server and the phone is still working, but this is not working with the 9550 as the phone is sending an additional CDMA flag which disables the overwriting of the auto APN.

So I had to give my 9550 back and purchased a 9520 on ebay. Running fine now...
    11-30-09 04:38 AM
    Sure. You can do it with Blackberry Desktop Manager but i suggest first you should do two things.

Goto Blackberry US website and download the Firmware or OS from the Verizon Area

Get JLCMDR (just google it).

First you will need to wipe your phone with JLCMDR then let your BB desktop Manager reinstall the OS

Also you might wanna look at this.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/service-books-372805/
    PM me if you need anything else
    Now I wiped the phone and brought the newest OS on it, but I still have the same problem.
    I think the only solution is to sell this phone and get a strom 9520 which should work here in Germany.

Greetings
    12-05-09 01:33 AM
    I had the same problem when I purchased the 9550 and wanted to run it in Austria with T-Mobile.
    However, as I previously worked at T-Mobile and still have some friends, we found out that the 9550 has a reconfigured APN for the Blackberry services which is not working at T-Mobile. Usually, all reconfigured APN can be overwritten by a central T-Mobile server and the phone is still working, but this is not working with the 9550 as the phone is sending an additional CDMA flag which disables the overwriting of the auto APN.

So I had to give my 9550 back and purchased a 9520 on ebay. Running fine now...
    Does anybody know how to cancel the above mentioned additional CMDA flag?
    May be this would resolve my problem and the problem of many others as well.

Greetings
    12-05-09 01:34 AM
    The Storm 9520 is the UK Storm 2, 9550 is the US Storm 2 usually locked to Verizon. The US version is CDMA/Edge/GSM/3G
    04-28-15 01:40 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD