I've got a user with a new Storm 2 that replaced his dead Storm. I can't get the address book to sync. I'm trying to sync the contacts from Outlook 2007. In the DM, it says "Address Book (not installed)". I've tried installing the DM on a new PC that never had it and I get the same issue. The Storm 2 is from Verizon, running 5.0.0.1015. Tried DM 5 and 6 and I get a similar issue (DM 5 doesn't say not installed, it just doesn't work.). Wireless sync is disabled on the device. Calendar syncs ok. Syncing through USB. Desktop OS is Windows XP Pro SP3. No enterprise config, just stand alone.
    12-08-10 07:25 AM
    I had the same issue and I found out from another posting that if you have any contacts in your address book that have an entry for email 1 or email 2 but no entry for the primary email, DM sh#*s the bed and you wind up with no contacts or one contact repeated dozens of times. The only solution I found was to correct the contacts with the email issue mentioned, downgrade from 1015 to last os (813 or whatever it is)(you can do this in the DM by clicking update my device, under the device menu, and selecting older OS's available. Load the old OS, resync, and then upgrade again to 1015. Rim programmers are idiots. Good luck.
    12-08-10 09:27 AM
    I had the same problem. I installed the previous version. Now when I resync it only install half of my contacts. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    12-08-10 09:41 AM
    I have all of my emails in the primary.
    12-08-10 09:41 AM
    I have the same issues. I installed my gmail account to get my contacts back. I will not sync to outlook until I see a fix somewhere.
    12-28-10 10:03 PM
    I have all of my emails in the primary.
    its not just emails. Its phone, addresses. Basically anything that has multiple fields.

you cannot leave a blank phone 1 and have the number listed in phone 2.

My suggestion. look into Google sync.
    12-29-10 10:02 AM
    I spent a lot of time getting my BlackBerry Storm 2 to sync with my Outlook. I spent a lot of time with the BlackBerry tech support people and what finally worked was going through my contacts and making sure that if there was an email it was in the primary email locations and that was only blank if there was not email for that contact. I also made sure there were no & or ( or - in the name for the person and there was a name in the first name. In the case of a company where I didn't have a contact person's name I put the company name in for the person's name. I had over 500 contact to go through. One thing that helped was to do an advanced search in Outlook for any contact that did not have an email in the primary email field. After doing all these things it finally synced with my BlackBerry and I have all my contacts on my phone now.

I hope this helps.
    01-01-11 11:05 AM
    I did all these things, fixed the one contact with an email2 but no primary email, followed the instructions above to install previous OS, etc. but am STILL getting the "Address book (not installed)" when I go to synch with Outlook. I had a similar problem a few months ago relatede to the Desktop app and spent most of a day on the phone with Verizon and then with RIM -- had to scrub everything, reinstall all my 3rd party apps, a HUGE pain. Seems like I have to go through that again now. Ugh.
    01-22-11 08:53 PM
    I spent a lot of time getting my BlackBerry Storm 2 to sync with my Outlook. I spent a lot of time with the BlackBerry tech support people and what finally worked was going through my contacts and making sure that if there was an email it was in the primary email locations and that was only blank if there was not email for that contact. I also made sure there were no & or ( or - in the name for the person and there was a name in the first name. In the case of a company where I didn't have a contact person's name I put the company name in for the person's name. I had over 500 contact to go through. One thing that helped was to do an advanced search in Outlook for any contact that did not have an email in the primary email field. After doing all these things it finally synced with my BlackBerry and I have all my contacts on my phone now.

I hope this helps.
    01-14-14 03:36 PM
    How did you do the advanced search for Outlook contcts that did not have an email in the primary email field?
    01-14-14 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD