Last week I installed the .607 for my BB S2 and now my phone has some serious lag time. If I rotate the phone, it takes exactly 5 seconds for the screen to flip, then I have to wait another 5 seconds for the keys to become active. This is driving me crazy!!

Has anyone else had similar issues or have any idea what might be wrong here? The install was done through BB DM v5.0.1 (if that makes a difference). Prior to this update/install my phone was smooth and responsive as could be.

Any help or ides would be greatly appreciated!
    05-18-10 05:51 PM
    Mine runs great on .607 with no lag. Assuming you've already tried a few battery pulls, if it was my phone I'd re-install the OS. If it still had that lag, I'd then downgrade to .517.

Are you running a theme or installed any new software?
    05-18-10 06:17 PM
    No themes.. Never installed anything on it (but a few apps) other than what it came with out of the box.. I have done a couple battery pulls on it and no joy...
    05-18-10 06:30 PM
    I am in no way a BB guru, how would I reinstall the OS on it? Went into BB DM and didn't see anywhere to do that...
    05-18-10 06:34 PM
    Its under Application Loader. Add/Remove Applications.

It should give you an option to go back to .517
    05-18-10 06:44 PM
    I don't care what anyone says releasing a build that breaks one of the native apps is complete junk. No keyboard in group chats with BBM is inexcusable.

That being said I have had more problems with .607 than any other build for the 9550. The build is a pile of horse poo. The only reason it is still on my phone is every hybrid seems to have the same lousy feel with .607 as a base and I am too lazy to downgrade to .517.

That an I stupidly believe beyond all logic that a higher build will leak.
    05-18-10 06:49 PM
    No issues on mine.
    05-18-10 07:08 PM
    After a reload of the .607 OS and 2 battery pulls, it looks like it may be resolved, still a little lag, but I can deal with a half of a second or so... If it happens again I will downgrade back to .517 and just wait for the next OS release.

Thanks to all of you for your help!
    05-18-10 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD