Zen Six

Version 1.3.3

Hardcoded Options(for those having trouble enabling options or those who know what they want and don't want to mess with re-enabling the options after every restart)

Fixes:
    • Date font decreased by 1px size
    • Fixed "Call Log" screen tabs
    • Updated icons in Today dropdown and removed some of the extra hovering interaction that was causing some lag
    • Reordered application list for hotspots (see "About the Slots" below for details)

If you have the "Options" version: to show weather slot and/or hidden hotspot:
    Click on the top banner and you will see the options under "Zen Six Options". Just Click on the option you want to enable.

About the Slots:
    There are 3 extra "dynamic" icon areas. So for example, if you have the default 2 Row layout activated, the slots should behave like this:
    • Zen Row 1 1,2,3,4
    • Zen Row 2 5,6,7,8
    • Weather (Top Left) : 9 - optional
    • Quicklaunch (Top Right): 10 - optional
    • Search (Small icon opposite Profiles): 11

Again this is FREE, but if you would like to donate: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=TFCF7YXMEJ3AN
    • Weather slot or QL hotspot or Weather Slot+QL hotspot (my favorite)
    • BlackBerry6 style Call screens (incoming/active call screens)
    • BlackBerry6 style bottom toolbar
    • Various BlackBerry6 style icons/dialogs/images throughout entire theme
    • Dialpad is still cut off (but not as bad as before... still working on this one)
    • BlackBerry6 style homescreen banner

Feedback and change requests are very much welcome! I will do my best to try to accommodate some issues/bugs people are having with this theme.

Updates for version 1.2.1
    • Fixed GPS/Bluetooth/WiFi indicator positions on application banner

Updates for version 1.2
    • Merged all version into a single version with Options
    • All features/icon placement should be consistent in all 3 row variants (1,2 and 3 Zen Rows )
    • Made improvements to Call Screen
    • Added date back to top banner on Home Screen
    • New Options Screen when you click the top banner
    • Customizable slot opposite Profiles icon in banner (where Search is in BlackBerry 6)

Upgrading from 1.1.1 or lower: PLEASE uninstall and restart before downloading the new one! Especially if you have previously downloaded any of the _QL or _weather editions. There should be no com_plazmic_theme_Zen_Six* under Options->Applications->Third Party

Updates for version 1.1.1:
    • fix list highlight color in weather, hidden, and weather+hidden editions

Updates for version 1.1:
    • Call Screens now almost 100% blackberry6
    • list highlight color
    • Manage Connections hotspot
    • New bottom toolbar style
    Last edited by thatsjeek; 06-12-12 at 06:47 PM. Reason: added updates
    08-05-10 10:16 AM
    nice theme, will give it a try...

any chance you'll add a hotspot for the weather?
    08-05-10 01:41 PM
    this theme is simple and great. I'd love a hotspot for Quicklaunch if you are game...
    08-05-10 01:51 PM
    Theme runs quick, no real lag. Can you add a QL hot spot on the right side? Other then that it is nice. thank you
    08-05-10 01:52 PM
    love the theme My only gripe is that i have a non-skinned icon. It's the mail icon with the briefcase. It seems nobody ever skins this one, and it makes me sad not having that fluidity. Other than that, i love the theme.

See the attached screenshot to see what icon i'm talking about.
    08-05-10 03:59 PM
    I don't see the dld link :S.. Viewing from my mobile

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 06:54 PM
    I don't see the dld link :S.. Viewing from my mobile

http://redlightoflove.com/downloads/...me_Zen_Six.jad

here
    08-05-10 07:24 PM
    :-) thanks for your hard work
    08-05-10 07:26 PM
    thanks for this! loving it so far. props to you! only thing I notice is the dialpad cut off - not major.
    Last edited by curve014; 08-07-10 at 01:42 PM.
    08-05-10 08:31 PM
    love the theme My only gripe is that i have a non-skinned icon. It's the mail icon with the briefcase. It seems nobody ever skins this one, and it makes me sad not having that fluidity. Other than that, i love the theme.

See the attached screenshot to see what icon i'm talking about.
    Thanks! and for what it's worth, I do have the icon for that mail icon, but the Theme builder does not expose that icon to be available for skinning. It is interesting though that the theme builder lets you skin about 5 different versions of Browser, but not very many options for email icons... oh well...
    08-06-10 09:04 AM
    this theme is simple and great. I'd love a hotspot for Quicklaunch if you are game...
    Theme runs quick, no real lag. Can you add a QL hot spot on the right side? Other then that it is nice. thank you

Do either of you have a screenshot example of how this should look/where the hotspot should be? I am not a quicklaunch user myself, so I could guess, but it might not be what you want
    08-06-10 09:06 AM
    Do either of you have a screenshot example of how this should look/where the hotspot should be? I am not a quicklaunch user myself, so I could guess, but it might not be what you want
    Here is where I suggest you put the Quicklaunch hotspot:
    http://img.skitch.com/20100806-e33jp...qp41378waw.jpg

It wouldn't be an icon, just a spot you touch/click on the screen to launch the application. Thanks for considering! Your theme is so clean and fast. No memory lag. Maybe lower on the screen, but then you might not be able to offer users the option to choose 1, 2 or 3 row icons on the home screen...
    Last edited by mystro2b; 08-06-10 at 10:10 AM.
    08-06-10 10:06 AM
    Hey mystro2b... how do you put that Jen P icon there and is that a speed dial?
    08-06-10 10:32 AM
    Excellent theme hope to see many more from you . excellent work on your 1 st theme well done
    08-06-10 11:14 AM
    Looks really good and clean keep up the hard and good work!
    08-06-10 12:07 PM
    Thanks! and for what it's worth, I do have the icon for that mail icon, but the Theme builder does not expose that icon to be available for skinning. It is interesting though that the theme builder lets you skin about 5 different versions of Browser, but not very many options for email icons... oh well...
    Ah, no worries then. Like I said, that was my only complaint about the theme, and its been every theme I have tried so far that had custom icons Such a clean theme and one i think i can finally stick with longer than a week.
    08-06-10 12:28 PM
    Here is where I suggest you put the Quicklaunch hotspot:
    http://img.skitch.com/20100806-e33jp...qp41378waw.jpg

It wouldn't be an icon, just a spot you touch/click on the screen to launch the application. Thanks for considering! Your theme is so clean and fast. No memory lag. Maybe lower on the screen, but then you might not be able to offer users the option to choose 1, 2 or 3 row icons on the home screen...
    Yea that is a good spot for it. And if you do add QL just make sure you have to click down to access it I don't like the just the touch because you accidentally touch it and its so annoying having things randomly running.
    08-06-10 07:50 PM
    Hey man, thanks for the great job...

I've got a couple of suggestions.

1. Make bigger the sense area for clicking in the upper-right network zone, sometimes is difficult to click it.

2. If you see this Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter In the upper section, somehow is blue highlighted, i don't know its function but it's kinda cool.

3. (off topic) How do you change an application's icon? I'm using Mobile GMaps - View maps from various sources on your mobile phone! but this app has a very small and ugly icon... I receive suggestions to change it...

4. (off topic) Is that possible to change an App's name? The name that appears below the icon...

5. The (not highlighted) buttons on context menus are too dark, before were brighter and looked better.

Keep up the good work, i hope you receive my suggestions and questions..

Thanks.
    08-08-10 01:49 AM
    Hey mystro2b... how do you put that Jen P icon there and is that a speed dial?
    It's a BlackBerry Messenger icon. It's one of my contacts. You can choose pictures from your contacts and apply it to your BB messenger contact and then move that icon to your homescreen and name it what you want.

08-08-10 04:07 AM
    Cool I did figure that out. So it only works with BBM? I don't really use it but would love to set this up for my contacts if possible?
    08-08-10 10:10 AM
    Great theme! Any chance of a hidden today version?
    08-08-10 12:30 PM
    This is a sick theme, great work

08-13-10 12:22 AM
    hi, this looks great. but are you using all of the official bbos6 icons that were released recently, or did you make your own icons or use old bbos5 icons?
    08-13-10 06:46 PM
    Hello,

all looks great, just a couple suggestions, from most important to least.

1) Please update the blue "highlight" color from the original os5 blue to the bbos6 blue. the highlight i am reffering to is if for example you put your finger over an email, txt mssg, etc, in the entire system, it comes up with the old dark blue. please update to the light blue

2) please fix the dialpad cutoff issue, where it cuts off the dialpage at the bottom

3) please make the date smaller, similar to OS6, and make the time SLIGHTLY bigger, and make the 3G and BB symbol slightly smaller. these changes would make it closer to OS6 like.

4) when you highlight an icon on the homescreen, there seems to be an issue with the transparency as it makes the highlight square like where as the button seems to be more rounded with the blue highlight.

everything else is absolutely perfect, a great job!
    08-13-10 07:36 PM
    hello?
    are there any planned updates to this?
    08-15-10 07:11 PM
282 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD