Welcome to XDroid, not your average Android based theme. This theme is inspired by Motorola's Android device named "Droid X"... This was made to reflect everything from the icons to your unread messages to the function of the on screen widgets. Using the power of SVG code we provided a way to show the calendar and messages widget with a tap of the screen and still let the user hide it with one simple touch allowing them to see their wallpapers. Along with the widgets are the custom user defined icon spaces with the text under them to give that Android feel. We also have the Droid X style bottom launch dock which allows the user get to the dial pad / contacts / and app screen with a quick tap.

*To show and hide widgets on touch just tap the left side of the screen area and tap the tab to hide the widget...

*To show widgets on a non touch device please hit alt+1 to show calendar widget and hit alt+2 to hide - same applies to calendar widget but with alt+3 and alt+4

This theme has to be one of the most eye pleasing themes on the market - large icons and great functions make this a strong competitor.

BlackBerry Does - XDroid

Special Thanks to:
    John @ JP Designs
    Alex @ Ahaz Designs

Features:
    NEW Show/Hide Calendar & Messages Widgets
    NEW text under homescreen Icons
    4 Icon User Defined
    3 Icon Droid X Style Launcher
    Hidden Today thanks to custom widgets
    Colors that are easy on the eyes
    Icons ripped from Open Source Android structure
    Quick in PERFORMANCE
    Another WJD Designs Original

09-02-10 05:52 AM
    I would buy this, but I've bought way too many droid themes that I don't use.
    09-02-10 03:50 PM
    I would buy this, but I've bought way too many droid themes that I don't use.
    This ones different.....you WILL use it.
    09-02-10 09:05 PM
    Looks amazing... I just need more icons on the homescreen. (could you do a pages version with at least one extra page of apps in android-like form? (to show at least 10 user-def. icons))
    09-04-10 12:26 AM
    Looks amazing... I just need more icons on the homescreen. (could you do a pages version with at least one extra page of apps in android-like form? (to show at least 10 user-def. icons))
    Hmm, interesting request. I'll put it in the suggestion box. Ya know, you could also just hit the BB button and get to the app screen.
    09-07-10 10:10 AM
    Hmm, interesting request. I'll put it in the suggestion box. Ya know, you could also just hit the BB button and get to the app screen.
    Or just the middle launcher, lol
    09-10-10 07:00 PM
    Hey man, I really like this theme for the most part, but I've noticed a little issue or two and have a couple requests! I've attached a couple screen shots for illustration purposes! ANyway:

1: For the Storm could we have a click requirement for the home screen? The touch only is a bit troublesome for me as I'm constantly opening things I don't want, mainly the dialer...lol!

2: Also for the home screen, could you incorporate the Wifi network you are connected to into the top area just like on the apps screen?

3: Another home screen request. There is no network connectivity icon. I know it's a Droid theme, but the 3G and Berry icons are kind of important, but missing.

4: Notice on the home screen that there is overlap of the GPS icon into the top bar, and the other icons are a bit "tight" too. They should be lowered just a few pixels, and obviously the GPS icon needs to be on the same plane as the others on both the home screen and the app screen...lol!

5: Finally, is there any possibility of having the option for the standard BB blue highlighting? Or at least maybe deepen the red a bit? I'm sure the idea was for it to stand out, but to me it's a little too much "in your face" and I have my brightness turned all the way down.

Sorry about the long list! I do really like the theme; just hoping that at least some of my feedback is constructive and helpful!

Thanks!

Last edited by ChuckH0308; 09-11-10 at 07:04 PM.
    09-11-10 06:59 PM
    Hey man, I really like this theme for the most part, but I've noticed a little issue or two and have a couple requests! I've attached a couple screen shots for illustration purposes! ANyway:

1: For the Storm could we have a click requirement for the home screen? The touch only is a bit troublesome for me as I'm constantly opening things I don't want, mainly the dialer...lol!

2: Also for the home screen, could you incorporate the Wifi network you are connected to into the top area just like on the apps screen?

3: Another home screen request. There is no network connectivity icon. I know it's a Droid theme, but the 3G and Berry icons are kind of important, but missing.

4: Notice on the home screen that there is overlap of the GPS icon into the top bar, and the other icons are a bit "tight" too. They should be lowered just a few pixels, and obviously the GPS icon needs to be on the same plane as the others on both the home screen and the app screen...lol!

5: Finally, is there any possibility of having the option for the standard BB blue highlighting? Or at least maybe deepen the red a bit? I'm sure the idea was for it to stand out, but to me it's a little too much "in your face" and I have my brightness turned all the way down.

Sorry about the long list! I do really like the theme; just hoping that at least some of my feedback is constructive and helpful!

Thanks!

Hello. Thanks for using the theme.

1. I think the reason for the touch was to emulate a DroidX or just an Android device as much as possible. You can try to turn your touch sensitivity down some.

2. SSIP on homescreen.....check.

3. We will look into this, they may have escaped!

4. A little fixment of the notifiers may be in order.

5. I like the red, really jumps out at you.

I will put 1 and 5 in the suggestion box. 2, 3 and 4 will get some attention though. I'll chime back once I have confirmation on timing of updates.

Thanks for the great feedback and enjoy the theme.

Stay tuned to WJDDesigns as there is always more to come.
    09-11-10 11:00 PM
    Thanks! I may get used to the color and the touch only screen, so I would say those are just nitpick, if others request it, sort of thing. The other things are definitely more important to me, so I appreciate you looking into them! It's great that you accept input, thanks again!
    09-12-10 12:02 AM
    Hey guys, first off I want to say thanks to Carbon for handling the many support issues we have here. I would like to address as many as I see. First off about having multiple pages, I choose no for one simple reason, PERFORMANCE - there is a reason why my themes run smooth and it is because I do not do bloat code and stuff not needed for function in a theme. The fact is if you need to get to multiple icons you can just tap the icon at the bottom - done....

About the icons being tap orientated instead of click... I see your wants on this and we are thinking the "click" might be better in real life scenarios when you want to throw it in the pocket instead of locking the unit first.

The identifiers for location/wifi etc were lined up and in the process of extracting it out of the software it changes the position to some random position. Instead of holding off on production I choose to update this later to get this great theme on the market - if anyone knows me and my company we update always and for free.

As far as the blue highlighting - we are not resorting to anything stock since this is a theme for a reason. The highlights are the EXACT colors of highlights found in the DroidX device and we believe this doesn't factor is as an annoyance and is more a preference for users.

As far as connection symbols we will think about putting them in the homescreen but we want to keep that as clean as possible and store them in the app screen and keep that screen for information.

I wish I could do more for options and most people do not know what a theme designer can do in theme design for the BlackBerry... Right now it isn't much but it is enough to make things unique. I wish we could program slide and multi touch and all those other great navigation uses but right now it is slim to only skinning here and there.

Remember you can always email us at [email protected] for more questions and I will be happy to grab the email or send it to another team member for further review. We pride our self in customer support and great theme designs and functionality. WJD is a respected name in this community to let most of you that are new to the devices out there.

Like i said we will always keep everything in consideration. Please acknowledge that the team are always busy as myself with many things like wjddesigns.com and other theme designs along with multi platforms. If something is needed ASAP we will implement it ASAP. We appreciate all our customers and want to say thanks for grabbing this theme

PS - we are on twitter @WJDDesigns - share me some cool home screen shots of my theme running - I dig that
    09-12-10 12:05 AM
    Nice, the BlackBerryDroid, lookin' good W.
    09-13-10 09:37 PM
    After using this now for awhile I just want to say that this theme really is nice, especially after the update. I'm not having any troubles, lag, or anything. It's very quick and smooth and it's pleasant to look at and use. Thanks!
    09-16-10 12:51 AM
    After using this now for awhile I just want to say that this theme really is nice, especially after the update. I'm not having any troubles, lag, or anything. It's very quick and smooth and it's pleasant to look at and use. Thanks!
    Glad you're liking it. Thanks for the nice words. More coming, stay tuned to WJDDesigns for the latest on the best.
    09-18-10 04:05 PM
    Anyone have screenshots of this with different wallpapers??
    09-27-10 06:00 AM
    Here's one I like.
    09-27-10 09:30 AM
    Here's one I like.

Cool.

Car to share? That guy got a name?

It appears hes feeling a little boxed in. (sorry)
    09-27-10 10:59 AM
    box-man
    do a google image search and you'll find him.
    seems to be a growing character, or a dying one and i'm just late to his existence.
    either way,..he looks cool.
    Cheers!
    09-27-10 11:58 AM
    box-man
    do a google image search and you'll find him.
    seems to be a growing character, or a dying one and i'm just late to his existence.
    either way,..he looks cool.
    Cheers!
    I have never seen him before but its funny - maybe a Japanese guy like domu or w/e is?
    09-27-10 12:33 PM
    His eyes light up. Hes cool, like this theme, and will be in my mailbox in Februray. Yes, 2011.

But, you can haz this theme now, now waiting!!
    10-04-10 09:10 PM
    Saving this for nothing. Sorry for the misfire......
    10-04-10 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD