downloaded a new theme - says its in there somewhere.....can't find it!!
    I'm new and all, but the normal places to look are blank. help?!
    10-31-09 03:25 PM
    did you look in the download folder?
    10-31-09 04:24 PM
    If you go to options , then theme , there should be a list of all the themes you have downloaded.
    10-31-09 04:26 PM
    Not in either of those places. I even rebooted again....like it said to do after app was downloaded.
    10-31-09 04:47 PM
    Is the theme listed under Options>Advanced Options>Applications ? Was the theme definately compatible with your device ?
    10-31-09 04:53 PM
    found it under options>applications now what do I do? how do I get it to themes or get it to open?
    this is an elecite theme
    10-31-09 05:21 PM
    found it under options>applications now what do I do? how do I get it to themes or get it to open?
    this is an elecite theme

Was the theme compatible with your Storm?
    10-31-09 05:22 PM
    it's not compatible with your os, wait for the upgrade from the theme maker. You should make sure the theme supports your phone before installation.
    10-31-09 05:23 PM
    well, it said good to go on os 4.5 or higher, evidently 5 isn't higher?
    10-31-09 05:27 PM
    I'm not sure if themes in general work on the storm 2 yet to be honest. Usually with each new device there needs to be a plazmic update, but since the storms are fairly similar I can see S1 themes working.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 05:28 PM
    my new best guess is that I purchased the 9000 and not the 95xx. My bad!! Thanx to everyone for getting back to me so quick. this is my first blackberry and I'm very excited to play with all the new toys as well as my work apps.
    10-31-09 05:36 PM
    Yea, so dumb question after reading this but to verify: the themes under the Storm 95xx DO NOT for the Storm2?
    10-31-09 05:52 PM
    No, generally they will not work.

All of the themes for the original Storm were written for the 4.* operating system. Since the Storm 2 is sporting the 5.* operating system, they will not work without some type of hybrid/workaround.
    10-31-09 06:10 PM
    Ok...can we PLEASE stop giving false information!

Any installed theme will be listed under Options > Themes

You then should see the Precision Zen theme and whatever one you downloaded, select it, save, reboot, and boom, you're good to go.

EVERY theme I have ever had, I've installed and tried and it works on 5.0

The ONLY problem with themes is the white bar problem in landscape.

PLEASE stop giving false info.

If your theme isn't working, try uninstalling, reboot, then re-install
    10-31-09 06:32 PM
    OP, what theme did you buy from Elecite?

Also, you made sure to buy the 95XX one, right?
    10-31-09 06:32 PM
    the real problem was i ordered and downloaded for the wrong phone....i ordered for the 9000 and not the 95xx which is for the storm ...........sorry. thanx to all for trying to help me! when they send the correct download i'm sure it will work - with the slight tweaking for the wallpaper
    Last edited by angiesuez; 10-31-09 at 07:02 PM.
    10-31-09 07:00 PM
    Ok...can we PLEASE stop giving false information!
    My bad, I thought I was still in the 8330 Curve section.

That being said, while themes written for the earlier 95xx models generally work, there can be a few bugs (even you mentioned the "white bar" issue) and it makes me wonder what else is going down we don't know about. I have had themes that don't place icons correctly, menus that don't appear when/where they should, and so on. Nothing to stress about, but to say they are problem free is incorrect as well.
    10-31-09 10:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD