what ever happen to free themes it seems like everyone is money hungry this use to be one of my favorite sites to come to to get free stuff not no more its about money i have gave ringtones wallpapers n never would take a dime for them get together ppl please make this a bomb site again
    07-20-10 03:50 AM
    I agree! its getting ridiculous on this site now
    07-20-10 04:34 AM
    Yeah! Darn capitalism! We should get everything handed to us free! We're entitled to it!
    Last edited by Mr. Orange 645; 07-21-10 at 01:03 PM.
    07-20-10 07:14 AM
    You can not compare the time it takes to make a ringtone or a wallpaper to the time it takes to make a theme. Especially in todays economy if you put hard work into somthing then you deserve somthing back.

There still are a few free themes that appear now and then that are quite good. And they are really not that expensive, just do what i do look the theme over real good read reviews before buying it then when you do get it use it for a while untill you get your monies worth.

Its not a perfect world nothing great is ever free lol.
    07-20-10 07:18 AM
    I'd like to see more free themes too...who wouldn't? However, I understand needing to get paid for your work. My one wish is that there would be some sort of trial period. Let me use a theme for 24 hours before I have to pay. I've downloaded enough themes that I've immediately deleted that it makes me wary. Heck, remove the clock and put "free version" in it's place. (don't know if that's possible.) Always thought I'd try my hand at developing a theme. Hasn't happened.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-10 07:29 AM
    [QUOTE=swdoro;5366430]

I make walls and i must disagree with you on thatQUOTE]

No it is meant with no disrespect, i was refering more to those who resize a picture with the crackberry wallpaper maker then choose to share it.

I use photoshop and fireworks and have made pictures, i know how long that can take. also i feel that people would not pay for wallpapers when they can just google and find billions of images. i know i wouldnt, no matter how good it looked. But you cant just google and find the same quality themes that you can when you pay for them.
    07-20-10 07:55 AM
    You can not compare the time it takes to make a ringtone or a wallpaper to the time it takes to make a theme. Especially in todays economy if you put hard work into somthing then you deserve somthing back.
    I make walls and i must disagree with you on that, some of my walls take hours, some of these themes use default everything and they try to make a $.
    all my walls are FREE. Yes some don't take as long to make as do themes, but some do take awhile to make. So please don't generalize.

I have also spent alot of $ on themes, when the picture shows something different than I purchased. Thus I'm out.

No matter what a person offers be it FREE or $ , the person has taken THEIR time to make it!!!
    I have seen many themes that in my opinion should NOT be a premium theme.. and I agree, it seems that more and more of these are showing up. I used to give all mine away... with the hopes that the occasional person would donate. well, after a number of months and only a VERY few donations, i pulled my free themes. The themes many of us make here take a long time... for any of you that question this, sit down with theme builder, and create an entire icon set from scratch. That alone can take a long time to get each one right. Then add in the other graphics, the svg coding, the testing, the fixing, etc etc etc. I have taken weeks to finish one theme. Other times, i have gotten more than 1/2 way through a theme and decided it was no good. I try to put out quality themes and like to think that people agree. There are many places to get free themes... and sometimes you can get a really good one for free.. but, knowing the time it takes to make a good theme, i dont blame anyone for trying to make a few $'s on their hard work.
    07-20-10 08:43 AM
    Can the mods just make a free side and a paid side?

07-20-10 09:03 AM
    I don't think its wrong to charge for a theme. If someone puts in hard work...they deserve to get paid for it. Even the people who offer themes for free deserve to get paid for it which is why..out of respect...I donate if its a good theme. If you want free themes...then just go somewhere that offers free themes...easy enough. If you want quality themes developed by people who know what the heck they are doing...then stay here. Its your choice.

07-20-10 04:24 PM
    Kudos for putting out free walls. But you'll also find there are many who charge as well for theirs. Same with themes I guess.

07-20-10 07:58 PM
    I have seen many themes that in my opinion should NOT be a premium theme.. and I agree, it seems that more and more of these are showing up.
    There are a good bit that do excellent work that deserve every penny they get, but there are some others that are not up to par and/or need to learn some advanced svg coding to get up to date with some of the better theme makers.
    07-20-10 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD