i no there is two sides to this one for the theme makers n one for the ppl who download themes i donate wallpapers n ringtones to this site n even though it may not take as much time n work as themes it does take some of my time to do so n i would never ask for a dime this site has gave so much n i wouldn't ask ne thing n return im not saying everything should b free but not everything should have a price tag on them give some away free i have bought themes with no offense was not worth crap so give away some let ppl no what your themes r about n remember not everyone can make themes so help out remember when you first started out n give back to the masses is all i'm asking i just want to see more then one free theme per page thanks for your guys input thanks again n don't forget where you started out at
    07-20-10 07:21 PM
    Most of the premium builders here have and still do give away some themes free, so what's your complaint?

And why start another thread about this same BS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-10 08:06 PM
    Wow! That is one long azz sentence!

There are plenty of great FREE themes here. There are tons of great themes that are very very cheap too. Whats the complaint? If you don't like the ones that are FREE then feel free to make some yourself and maybe sell em too. These guys work very hard to make free themes and a $1 to $3 is not too much to ask.

This will get you going

BlackBerry - Theme Studio. Create Cell Phone Themes with BlackBerry Theme Studio

http://forums.crackberry.com/f115/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f16/
    07-20-10 08:18 PM
    BAHAHAHA that is a loooooooooooooooooooong sentence. Do yourself a favor. Google Chrome has a built in spell check.
    07-20-10 09:07 PM
    forgot i was in eighth grade still so thanks for the grammer lesson i was pointing out that before ppl was crying about the money so i was addressing it n there is maybe one free theme to the hundred of pay ones so calm down ppl that wasnt the point the point is help out n make more free themes no tears here just want to see more free themes n not more money hungry theme builders
    07-20-10 09:45 PM
    just being the voice of many of my friends who r sick of buying crappy themes not worth paying n not wanting to get punished for telling the makers about it i rather have a crappy free theme then a payed crappy theme so if ppl r not scared of making a free theme so ppl no what thier payed themes r like then make some free ones let us no what your skills r like no stop crying about a couple of dollars come on ppl
    07-20-10 09:49 PM
    07-20-10 10:08 PM
    ok... um... again might we point out that there is this key on your keyboard, its down one row and slightly to the right of the L, its called a period and looks like this.

use it!

I was going to make an attempt at correcting your post but its so poorly written that i cant even do it.
    You should really stop worrying about free themes and try picking up a text book.

Its simple.. just dont buy themes that look like crap.

@hydroz..... BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA great post FTW!
    07-20-10 10:16 PM
    just being the voice of many of my friends who r sick of buying crappy themes not worth paying n not wanting to get punished for telling the makers about it i rather have a crappy free theme then a payed crappy theme so if ppl r not scared of making a free theme so ppl no what thier payed themes r like then make some free ones let us no what your skills r like no stop crying about a couple of dollars come on ppl
    If you want crappy free themes then what exactly are you complaining about? Go get one or two. And if that wasn't what you meant, my apologies. I had trouble slogging through that post trying to make sense of where the sentence structure was, if it even existed.
    07-20-10 11:46 PM
    funny stuff guys

Plenty of awesome free themes out there. Nothing "happened" to them. Just look for them

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-21-10 07:43 AM
    funny stuff guys

Plenty of awesome free themes out there. Nothing "happened" to them. Just look for them

I agree here....... Search is your friend!

/thread
    07-21-10 07:57 AM
    If you're in 8th grade, and haven't learned proper BASIC punctuation by now, I'd strongly recommend you try to change schools.... They're doing you a grave disservice.
    07-21-10 08:00 AM
    07-21-10 01:00 PM
    a lot of us theme developers do this as our only source of income (damn economy rofl) so we dont make many free themes (unless they are simple) you should try searching "im a cheap *** and cant afford $3 for a theme but pay for a $30 data plan"
    07-21-10 08:32 PM
    a lot of us theme developers do this as our only source of income (damn economy rofl) so we dont make many free themes (unless they are simple) you should try searching "im a cheap *** and cant afford $3 for a theme but pay for a $30 data plan"
    Some of us have no problem paying for themes - got BeFroyo DOES for $3 and works perfectly on my S2.

07-21-10 08:57 PM
    LOL...well said Alex. I dabbled in theme building and even my "simple" themes required a heck load of work. To be honest $3 is a bargain for all of that work.
    07-21-10 09:03 PM
    I know for a fact that DB aka the drk apprentice has an entire thread of free themes he just built....maybe u should look thru the threads before asking for handouts.

07-21-10 09:21 PM
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

I just p'd on myself
    07-21-10 09:48 PM
    I know for a fact that DB aka the drk apprentice has an entire thread of free themes he just built....maybe u should look thru the threads before asking for handouts.

thanks lane

I can speak from experience. Even free themes require a TON of work to make them worth a dang. I have spent lots of money on "premium" themes that weren't worth it. And found some free ones that were total gems.

But, as someone who works a 55 hour a week job, and stays up late at night to build themes, I understand that everyone's time is worth something. Whether they choose to be compensated with grateful replies to their threads or a few bucks...it's up to them...it's their time...their hard work...their creation that that are sharing with us.

And the good thing about thembuilding is...downloading TB is FREE...hunker yourself down and get to buildin...........I can't wait to see how much you think YOUR time is worth.
    07-21-10 09:58 PM
    Theres a ton of free themes.. here and other sites.. Close the thread due to retarderationism (3rd grade taught me to make up my own words)..

Much respect to all theme builders ... without you guys, Id just have another boring ole BB.. Thanks
    07-21-10 09:59 PM

check out Themes In Motion - Quality Animated Themes
    there's some theme building ninjas over there

And I have decided not to call my no cost themes "FREE" anymore...gonna call em "pro bono" so I can claim em on my taxes as charity work
    07-22-10 12:01 AM
    Mom and dad are paying for the data plan. The paper route does not cut it for that and themes....
    07-22-10 12:12 AM
    I do see what the poor guy is saying. There are lots of themes out there that are $3 - $8 that really, imo, have no business being sold. Some themers make you pay for a crappy themes and some themers give away awesome, outstanding themes for free. It all works both ways.

Plus, some people would like to see what they are going to spend their money on and some themers don't post the correct screen shots so that us buyers can see what we are spending our money on.

We know that if we don't want to pay then DON'T PAY and if you see a theme that honestly deserves to be paid for then PAY FOR IT.

I'm not siding with anyone here... I see all points... I just think we need to get back to being civil and let it go.

I came to CrackBerry because I love how all the people on here are so helpful and nice to each other, and yes I know there are those idiots on here who must insult people just to make their pitiful lives seem like its worth something, but lets all get back to being helpful and nice.

Don't make fun of me now for being a sap either LOL
    07-22-10 01:08 AM
    Very well said!!

It takes a lot of time and effort to create a nice theme.
    Why should anyone expect to get something for nothing!
    07-22-10 10:49 AM
    There are plenty of good quality free themes, it's a trade off, spend the time to find them here for free and you'll spend no money, or save your time and spend money to get them or..... learn to make your own. But, don't complain that people are putting in their free time to make something and expect a bit of compensation for their efforts, that is a decision they make.
    Last edited by ekz13; 07-22-10 at 12:49 PM.
    07-22-10 12:45 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD