I was given a Storm 2 (9550), it's a used Verizon cell, I want to convert it to Sprint.
    I unlocked the phone.
    Is it possible?
    02-06-12 05:26 PM
    I was given a Storm 2 (9550), it's a used Verizon cell, I want to convert it to Sprint.

I unlocked the phone.

Is it possible?

Verizon and Sprint are CDMA, not possible. They don't use SIM cards.
    02-06-12 05:30 PM
    I'm using Verizon's Storm 2 9550 on T-Mobile network. Contrary to what Reunechs is saying 9550 does use SIM card since it is CDMA and GSM phone. On GSM network you will only be able to get EDGE (2G) network. Now as far as your question, can you use it on Sprint network which is also CDMA as Verizon, I would call Sprint and see if you can activate it. CDMA, unlike GSM which activated by placing SIM card, is activated by calling the provider. Hope this helps.
    02-13-12 12:53 PM
    I'm using Verizon's Storm 2 9550 on T-Mobile network. Contrary to what Reunechs is saying 9550 does use SIM card since it is CDMA and GSM phone. On GSM network you will only be able to get EDGE (2G) network. Now as far as your question, can you use it on Sprint network which is also CDMA as Verizon, I would call Sprint and see if you can activate it. CDMA, unlike GSM which activated by placing SIM card, is activated by calling the provider. Hope this helps.
    It most certainly does use SIM cards. However, that has absolutely no bearing on a phone that would be using CDMA. And good luck getting either carrier to add a device they don't have in their system.
    02-13-12 12:57 PM
    Agreed. Sprint may not want to activate the phone that is not branded to them. All I'm saying is that the 9550 will work on GSM network with SIM card. Which would include T-Mobile, AT&T and most of the rest of the world.
    02-13-12 01:00 PM
    Agreed. Sprint may not want to activate the phone that is not branded to them. All I'm saying is that the 9550 will work on GSM network with SIM card. Which would include T-Mobile, AT&T and most of the rest of the world.
    Indeed. However, that's not what the OP apparently wishes to do, which is take a Verizon device to Sprint.
    02-13-12 01:03 PM
    And why is this in the themes subforum?
    02-13-12 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD