Just one question. Where the **** is plazmic? Why are we still suffering with these theme issues after not only the launch of the storm 2 but the release of 5.0 by a carrier for an existing device.

What the **** is going on with Plazmic.

I am sick of using my awesome new device with these fugly icons!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 09:38 PM
    S2 hasn't even been out a week. 5.0 just hit the week mark for the S1.

I wouldn't have expected it to be out this soon to be honest. I mean, the stock icons aren't THAT bad.

I would much rather have a more stable and complete version of Plazmic then a rushed one just to get 5.0 compatible.

Patience, really.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 10:11 PM
    No not patient.

One of the best abilities our devices have over others is how easy it is for us to customize our devices. Wallpapers,Ringtons,profiles, and themes are all a part of what makes Berries great.

Why is RIM still packaging that 08 Bold theme with every device. Yea I know they are not identical, but they are very very similar and they are Fugly.

RIM get with the program. For devices that come after the 9700(an yes it too will have the same fugly icons) throw more than 5 bucks into the theme budget and get us a better stock theme.

Better yet get a working Plazmic 5.0 in the hands of people who know what to do with it.
    11-01-09 10:15 PM
    lol, I guess RIM is rushing on other important features like webkit, flash, opengl, they kinda left the theme design part to the 3rd party theme developers.
    11-01-09 10:19 PM
    No not patient.

One of the best abilities our devices have over others is how easy it is for us to customize our devices. Wallpapers,Ringtons,profiles, and themes are all a part of what makes Berries great.

Why is RIM still packaging that 08 Bold theme with every device. Yea I know they are not identical, but they are very very similar and they are Fugly.

RIM get with the program. For devices that come after the 9700(an yes it too will have the same fugly icons) throw more than 5 bucks into the theme budget and get us a better stock theme.

Better yet get a working Plazmic 5.0 in the hands of people who know what to do with it.
    Angry but I agree. I hate the stock theme.
    5.0.0.320 (and .328 for the 9530) mean that Plazmic should have been in the works and ready long ago. That's a lot of builds along the road in the 5.0 line. Honestly, it should have been pushed to devs along with the official 5.0 release for the 9530, if not sooner.
    Im sure it will be out sooner then later..... by the end of the month
    11-01-09 10:21 PM
    lol, I guess RIM is rushing on other important features like webkit, flash, opengl, they kinda left the theme design part to the 3rd party theme developers.
    Except for the fact that they haven't got Plazmic to the theme developers yet.

They don't have to develop something new(though it would be nice) they just have to allow other to do the work.
    11-01-09 10:21 PM
    guys, 5.0 hasnt even released for all devices yet. Chill out.
    11-01-09 10:26 PM
    guys, 5.0 hasnt even released for all devices yet. Chill out.
    Card the fact that v5.0 is even out for one device let alone two, an soon to be three is reason for them to have released Plazmic 5.0.

Plazmic isn't released by some random 3rd party dev, Plazmic is put out by RIM itself, and there is no excuse for this delay.

They don't include themes in App World, and they always take there sweet time getting Plazmic out, that should show you how much importance they place on themes.
    11-01-09 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD