If someone out there could explain a couple of things in simple terms to help my understanding of theme building.

1) I found a theme I wanted to OTA download on another site. When I pointed my Blackberry browser to the OTA link I got some "gateway error". When I pointed my PC's browser to the OTA link, I was able to download the JAD file for the theme I wanted. Great, now what? Try and convert it to the needed ALX files. Have not tried that. Some others suggested putting the JAD file on my memory card and installing there. That didn't work. Bottom line why couldn't my Blackberry browser get to the JAD file and my PC browser allowed me to download the file?

2) I downloaded, but not installed the Blackberry Theme Builder. Has anyone worked with this? This will be my first attempt to building themes for my personal use and hope to share the results.

Thanks
    04-27-10 12:09 AM
    any theme made was made with Theme builder... So yes, we have worked with it.

post any questions in the http://forums.crackberry.com/f115/ section...
    04-27-10 08:28 AM
    I was excited this morning to install Blackberry Theme Studio and get started. I launched the program, got a black dos window for about 2 seconds then nothing. I tried again, same thing. So I started to google.

I found complaints in this forum and at Blackberry Support forum that a lot of people have had this problem.

I cleared my cookies, deactivated my spyware protection, tried several combinations of "compatibility" of the installation file....NOTHING

So disappointed.

I am running Windows XP, SP 3, AMD Athlon 64 Processor, 3200+ 497 Mhz, 768 MB RAM
    04-27-10 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD