I am a self-confessed theme addict. I love changing the theme around on my Blackberry. As such I have collected a lot of themese - both free and premium.

I have a few Elecite themes on my S2. I love them but I have found that having more than about 5 themes on my BB will start draining the memory.

So I would like to backup some of my purchased Elecite themes. That way if and when I want to reinstall the theme, I can do so at will.

What's the best way to do this?

Any advice will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks!
    02-26-10 03:31 PM
    If you bought them from the CB Store, you can delete them and reinstall them whenever you want. When you sign in to your account they're listed.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-26-10 03:40 PM
    If you bought them from the CB Store, you can delete them and reinstall them whenever you want. When you sign in to your account they're listed.

Thanks fo rthe quick reply. yes, i do know that any theme i buy from CB and/or Mobihand can be uninstalled and then re-downloaded later.

But what about premium themes from Elecite? It seems that you only have 90 days and then after that if your remove it from your BB then you're out of luck.

Isn't there someway to back up a theme?
    02-26-10 03:44 PM
    Can you downlowd to pc vs ota download?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-10 05:17 PM
    ===== QUOTE lak611 ====

===== /QUOTE ====

Thanks fo rthe quick reply. yes, i do know that any theme i buy from CB and/or Mobihand can be uninstalled and then re-downloaded later.

But what about premium themes from Elecite? It seems that you only have 90 days and then after that if your remove it from your BB then you're out of luck.

Isn't there someway to back up a theme?
    Sorry, I don't know. All of my themes are either free or premium from CB.

02-26-10 05:34 PM
    Yea for $7 themes, elecite makes it a little tough to redownload a purchased theme. I had their Hero theme, but had to get a replacement via insurance because my screen cracked. Lucky for me I got the theme while it was free (deal of the day).. but if I had paid the $7 for it and wasn't able to download it again I would have been pissed... Even without paying I'm kinda mad that it's not still available to me...

Anyway, to answer your question, I don't think there is a way to backup elecite themes.. you can try emailing them and see what they say though...
    02-26-10 05:36 PM
    Backup using bbsak. It saves all of your stuff
    02-26-10 06:15 PM
    and I thought I was the only one to read the forums for the past 6 months knowing about BBSak.

Anything that can be copied to the BB can be copied off the BB.
    02-26-10 06:22 PM
    Isn't there a spot in your account on elecite.com that will allow you to resend your previous themes?

02-26-10 11:02 PM
    Yes, starting early next week, those of you that have purchased any of our themes will be able to re-download 'em from your account. So I wouldn't be too worried bout backing it up
    02-27-10 02:37 AM
    Yes, starting early next week, those of you that have purchased any of our themes will be able to re-download 'em from your account. So I wouldn't be too worried bout backing it up
    Wow! That is so great! I love your themes and would really hate to have to start choosing and discarding them as I get more. Will that now work for all themes that i have bought or just those from now into the future?
    02-27-10 06:16 AM
    From now on as well as for all that you have previously purchased.
    03-01-10 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD