Guys seriously this is all a little bit silly. I don't know why they requested that I Dream of 6 be taken down, but that is just kind of stupid. I mean they will nitpick that one theme?

As to these themes being so close to the real thing, that is very inacurate. As far as the look, yea they look like what we have seen from the OS 6 videos and pics, but the comparison stops there.

6 is going to bring so much more functionality to the OS. It will make it a lot more user friends.

Kudos to the theme builders, I personally am using Wayne's but as he himself has said he can only do so much.

OS 6 will be awesome. The only thing that sucks about it is the wait.
    05-07-10 09:09 AM
    Ok Valace, you're not getting it. RIM can't copyright the function. They can't say "Oh, you used a hotspot? Well take down your theme, that's our thing."

What they can copyright is the images and the icons, which is exactly what a theme recreates.
    05-07-10 12:03 PM
    As Glitch said, RIM can only copyright images and icons. The I Dream of 6 theme probably used stock icons. Mine and Wayne's do not, we custom made our own icons and images. Therefore, they legally cannot take ours down as we have infringed on nothing.
    05-07-10 01:03 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD