This is a spin off to my first theme, now making this with a hidden dock on the home screen. This is available in 5 icon or 10 icon version. And now added a Hidden Today version.

Non-Hidden Today Versions

Hidden Today Versions (Added 6/25)

I've kept the original as some people seem to like that look and released this as a new theme. My original theme, SimpleNClean, was inspired to keep it simple and clean (hence the name).

My objectives in developing this theme were:
    1. Learn something about Theme Builder and Theme Composer
    2. Put the most often used applications available from my homescreen. Provide hot spots for several applications for quick access
    3. Provide a big area to slap the BerryWeather homescreen wallpaper and integrate that with the BerryWeather application hotspot
    4. Keep a look that is functional yet still wallpaper friendly
    5. Keep it small

My original theme did all the above, but wasn't as wallpaper friendly as I wanted. So putting some more time into "theme development 101" I set off to include a hidden dock to make this very wallpaper friendly.

I unfortunately don't have a lot of talent when it comes to graphic skills (the whole left side / right side of brain theory I suppose), so I've stuck largely with the basics, including stock icons (part of keeping it simple and clean). This has still produced what is visually more appealing than I had expected and hopefully you find it interesting and useful as well. I've kept the price right, FREE, so you can give it a spin around the block to see if this works for you.

The theme is VERY small (under 400K) and from my testing there's no lag or memory leak.

This contains the following hotspots:
    1. Custom Hotspot 1
    2. Custom Hotspot 2
    3. Custom Hotspot 3
    4. Custom Hotspot 4
    5. Options
    6. Profiles
    7. Clock
    8. Calendar
    9. Manage Connections
    10. Messages

There is also a hidden hotspot to hide/unhide the hidden dock (just above the 5th application icon). For the Hidden Today version, touch on the Calendar or Messages hotspot to display the hidden today box. Clear the hidden today by touching any other icons or hotspots.

With the 5 icons or 10 icon display, that's access to 15 or 20 applications/functions available on the home screen while still providing a wallpaper friendly look.

_

With hidden today displayed:
    _

Hide the icons to get almost a full screen view of your wallpaper.

Hotspot Layouts for 5 Icon and 10 Icon versions

_
    Note: 10 Icon layout is similar for hot spots, just everything has been pushed up a bit to provide area for the additional row of icons. For 10 Icon version you still touch above the 5th app icon to hide, and touch same area (or anywhere down to the date) to display again.

Here's a couple shots that show off the wallpaper friendliness and BerryWeather wallpaper feature:
    _

Appreciate hearing any feedback. Enjoy!

Non-Hidden Today Versions

Hidden Today Versions (Added 6/25)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update 6/25: Added hidden today release for 5 and 10 icon version.
    Update 6/21: A 10 icon version is also released.
    Update 6/20: Revised theme to make application hot spots customizable, just put your application in application spot 6, 7, 8 and 9 (1-5 are shown in the dock). Those who downloaded the original can just download the new version, your theme configuration settings are retained.
    Last edited by Bob61; 06-25-10 at 02:34 PM.
    06-19-10 08:31 AM
    Very slick looking theme. I'll give it a try soon. Are the hotspots customizable? I use ql but not shortcutme. Pretty similar apps right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jgreen1tc; 06-19-10 at 10:22 AM.
    06-19-10 10:18 AM
    Very slick looking theme. I'll give it a try soon. Are the hotspots customizable? I use ql but not shortcutme. Pretty similar apps right?

Pretty similar, but different enough. I wrote this for my own use so put in what I wanted I find there to be some things that QL and SCM does better than the other, at least for me.

However, now that I've got me feet wet with the theme development I was thinking of making the hot spots customizable. I'll see how the response goes. Thanks for your comment.
    06-19-10 11:28 AM
    i love this thanks for sharing :]
    06-19-10 11:34 AM
    Awesome, going to try it out now (:
    06-19-10 02:27 PM
    Just updated (v1.1) to include customizable hot spots. Same OTA link, just redownload the file. Enjoy!
    06-19-10 03:17 PM
    Just updated (v1.1) to include customizable hot spots. Same OTA link, just redownload the file. Enjoy!
    Awesome, downloading again ^_^

only thing is you need to use a dark background or else its hard to see the stuff on bottom :'(
    06-19-10 04:02 PM
    I have be weather free how come mine won't desolat like in the Luca above either big on the home screen or in the app bar?

06-19-10 11:41 PM
    I have be weather free how come mine won't desolat like in the Luca above either big on the home screen or in the app bar?

I don't think free BeWeather version offers home screen wallpaper option to make it the big view. Best you can do is put in app list or for app hot spot and then be able to pop up the weather info.
    06-19-10 11:45 PM
    Awesome, downloading again ^_^

only thing is you need to use a dark background or else its hard to see the stuff on bottom :'(
    Mightlook to put a version out that has a transparent bottom banner, but then ruins the whole total wallpaper friendly view.
    06-19-10 11:48 PM
    Any chance of sharing the great wallpaper? Your theme looks fantastic! Is app7 spot for berryweathet?
    Thanks for sharing

06-19-10 11:52 PM
    Any chance of sharing the great wallpaper? Your theme looks fantastic! Is app7 spot for berryweathet?
    Thanks for sharing

Just dropped the wallpapers on the OP.

You can use any spot you want for BerryWeather, I use App6 as it lines up perfectly with my BW homescreen display when I have it set to Style "Icon Center". But you could instead align the BerryWeather with Style "Icon Left" and then use App6 (or "Icon Right" and use App8). Really your preference now.

Enjoy!
    06-20-10 08:16 AM
    What am I doing wrong. I can't get the custom hot spots to work? I have Storm2 with .517 and when I hit hot spots, I get quick lunch on the left and browser in the middle??? Isn't that the old set up? Could it be that it is the old OTA link? Please help. BTW, I love the theme and would like to make it work .
    06-20-10 10:27 AM
    Just one more question; for battery life, do you need both the regular icon and the numerical icon. If you ask me, I would drop the numerical icon. Just a suggestion. Thanks.
    06-20-10 10:46 AM
    What am I doing wrong. I can't get the custom hot spots to work? I have Storm2 with .517 and when I hit hot spots, I get quick lunch on the left and browser in the middle??? Isn't that the old set up? Could it be that it is the old OTA link? Please help. BTW, I love the theme and would like to make it work .
    Strange - I've recreated the theme and uploaded it. I've just downloaded to my phone and it's correct now. Use same OTA link, will show as same 1.1 version, just replace and reboot your device.
    06-20-10 12:34 PM
    Just one more question; for battery life, do you need both the regular icon and the numerical icon. If you ask me, I would drop the numerical icon. Just a suggestion. Thanks.
    It's actually just one icon I like the look with the % embedded in the battery.
    06-20-10 12:35 PM
    sooooo coool, thanks for the updated version, love everything about this theme, again thanks for sharing.
    06-20-10 01:23 PM
    Wow. I really like this theme. Any chance for a version with hidden today?

06-20-10 06:20 PM
    Mightlook to put a version out that has a transparent bottom banner, but then ruins the whole total wallpaper friendly view.
    That would be awesome if you could ^_^ using this for now hope to see more themes from you (: thanks and good job!!
    06-20-10 06:45 PM
    Wow. I really like this theme. Any chance for a version with hidden today?

With the hotspot for the messages and calendar I'm not seeing the need. I set my calendar to display in Agenda mode, shows me my upcoming schedule. Not in the plans, but you never know. I do appreciate your comment.
    06-21-10 07:26 AM
    Ah-may-ZING!

Sure is hot where you live - I know, it's a dry heat. I have some relatives who are in that area, I have to say it may be a dry heat, but it's still HOT! Beautiful place though.... Thanks for the wall capture.
    Last edited by Bob61; 06-21-10 at 07:32 AM.
    06-21-10 07:29 AM
    I've released a 10 icon hidden dock version of this theme. Original post updated with the OTA link.
    06-21-10 07:52 AM
    What spot do i put my weather up to show on my home screen????
    06-21-10 07:00 PM
    What spot do i put my weather up to show on my home screen????
    The weather display is done through BerryWeather Homescreen wallpaper option. You can make any of the spots be the weather app. By positioning where I have I've put in the App 7 for 5 icon version or App 12 for 10 icon version.
    06-22-10 09:58 AM
    I have beweather free. Does that work or no?
    06-22-10 11:49 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD