I can only test. I have tried to build them and failed miserable. Hopefully someone else can answer your questions.
    12-23-09 09:51 AM
    Happy Storm2 day Static.
    12-23-09 10:14 AM
    LOL work cannot finish fast enough...

only sad thing is I have to wrap it and put it under the tree.....
    but, at least it will be in the house!! on xmas morning im going to pushing my son out of the way.. "Gimme my gift!" LOL
    12-23-09 10:44 AM
    that would effect all menus ( i think... right?)
    I believe it would affect everything. When I was into creating themes it did that I stop messing with it cuz I couldn't figure out some stuff which I got impatient.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 11:27 AM
    ok, updated the zip. included the rest of the icons (except ldap search/browser lol)
    and hopefully fixed the weather app

the first icon should be the fav/weather app...

let me know if anything else is screwy!

Thanks all!
    12-23-09 12:07 PM
    You changed it from spot 9 to spot 1?
    12-23-09 01:00 PM
    yes, had to. in order for the text to show, it has to be added in theme builder, not composer. so i had to change the slots for the 8 composer(dock) icons.. and add it to the first slot
    12-23-09 01:05 PM
    My coworker and I installed the updated theme. My coworker noticed something. When in portrait there is no grid around the icons which is nice but when in Landscape mode there is.
    12-23-09 03:26 PM
    i only have it as DM download sorry - i will figure out the OTA at some point lol
    Awesome thanks ; )

12-23-09 05:32 PM
    @ white2003 - the landscape mode is not completed yet (sorry)

but good news! went and picked up my Storm2... the vzw sales rep gave it to me for free! Even though I was 8 days out of the buy one get one free... he changed something so I could still get it! saved myself a nice chunk of $!
    12-23-09 09:53 PM
    very nice! Free is always nice. When I got my 9550 it was free also for the same reason. I bought screen protectors (which sucked) and a belt/case which I like. I ended up getting a screen protector from otterbox that was much better.
    12-23-09 11:25 PM

but good news! went and picked up my Storm2... the vzw sales rep gave it to me for free! Even though I was 8 days out of the buy one get one free... he changed something so I could still get it! saved myself a nice chunk of $!
    Nice and congrats on getting your storm2.
    12-24-09 12:08 AM

I am trying to create a theme with sliding dock like that with icons on it that would meet in the center of the screen. Do you have a tutorial on how to create a dock like that or actually looking at slicing a pic in half and having icons on one side and on the other.
    Thanks.
    12-24-09 08:35 AM
    It's not hard. I will get something written up soon.

12-24-09 01:31 PM
    observations/findngs:

the first thing that jumps out is that the icons could use more emphasis when focused/touched up. Not always clear that the icon is selected until you click on it.

love the interactive meters (sun, moon, etc.) great idea.

would like more hotspots - e.g. maybe the date has a hotspot for opening the calendar; and maybe the planets are hotspots for email & phonebook?

Also a display somewhere for the Wifi SSID?

Better contrast on the menu selections - the home screen preferences menu (and I'm assuming others) has light blue against dark gray for the unselected menus (hard to read).
    Last edited by noahfingway; 12-24-09 at 11:08 PM.
    12-24-09 02:35 PM
    Cool nice work
    12-27-09 10:21 AM
    How are you enjoying your storm2?
    12-29-09 03:02 PM
    making any progress in changes? Did you ever get your Storm2? You seem to be silent for the last few weeks . . .
    01-13-10 11:59 PM
    lol sorry - i actually am too addicted to making themes I have already made like 3 more and keep changing my ideas. I never quite finished this one.

My recent one is taken from john7760's (JP Designs) (Impakt theme)

Although it needs some tweaking.. I really like his idea for the multiple slide up docks. Docks are great but I really dont like the icon backgrounds because of the bad gradient transparency... looks fine on the pc.. but on the device and the simulator its not smooth

And before anyone asks.. I would rather not share it since this is very close to JP Designs theme (Which is a premium theme). I feel like I would be "Stepping on his toes"
    Last edited by StaticFX; 01-14-10 at 08:04 AM.
    01-14-10 07:48 AM
    if you like multiple slide up docks, check out Sophisticate by robvb68.
    01-14-10 12:05 PM
    Can I check it out.

01-15-10 06:57 PM
    hey, if you need some help with this pm me and I will help you out with moving the docks down and that type of stuff.. would be glad to help you..
    01-16-10 10:01 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD