Now on Sell!!! 2.00 Only This Week! Annovation and Newglass!

By the way Crackberry gets a handsome 40% of what we sell..... not free marketing in my book!
    09-13-10 10:53 AM
    How about RIM just put a phone out there with a decent theme, then this would not be an issue.

After reading this post, people attacking each other, not missing it. The OP stated an opinion, and then others attack him/her for doing so. Just say you dont agree, you like it. And for the ones that are related to themesInMotion, your best to just stay out of it, just makes you look worse.

And if there is bumping like the OP is saying, then I dont call that great marketing, it is just freeloading. Pay for ad space like companies do.

Thought I would come in for old time sake, and see I have not missed anything. Fighting/arguing over someone's opinion. To the OP, I would suggest next time to do a poll. Heck, maybe the OP is related to themeinmotion, and this is part of their great marketing skills.
    nobody has attacked the op, I have responded to what the reality of this post was. It was a revenge attempt made by somebody who has multiple names on CB because of how bad their reputation is. He had to change names due to everyone knowing he was a troll and calling him on it. Once again I will make a few very strong points here. We don't control who posts in our threads (or what they post) none of us are mods on cb. second, we work extremely hard on all of our themes and most are very unique themes that deserve the attention they get. third, i really don't care how it makes me look.... anyone who attacks me or the group of developers I'm with will get a defense from me. Fourth, as previously stated CB gets a 40% cut of what we sell from their site, so free marketing is way out of the picture. Last, lets ask the real question here.... Why would this guy take the time to make a post complaining about people advertising themes in the themes section of cb?

THE OP HAS NO RELATION TO TIM, AND NEVER WILL! WE DO NOT CONDONE TROLLS......
    09-13-10 11:03 AM
    Themes in motion rocks oh **** yea my BB peeps :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-10 11:14 AM
    No such thing as negative advertisement is there.
    09-13-10 11:18 AM
    1. Crackberry only gets 20%. I believe Mobihand gets the other 20% (unless Mobihand is owned by CB, which I don't think it is).

2. I don't see T.I.M. doing anything any other developer doesn't do. I'm a developer. If I release an update or a sale, I let people know as well in my threads. That's how you promote sales of your themes. T.I.M. just has a few developers so it looks like they're trolling, but they're not.

3. With that said, I HAVE seen one or two T.I.M. developers relentlessly bumping their theme threads with like 7 consecutive posts saying stuff like, "now $3.99, now $4.99, now $1.99, etc." That itself is shameless and uncalled for. But I've only seen this once or twice.

All in all, except for those one or two developers, they don't do anything other developers do.
    09-13-10 11:59 AM
    I've noticed this as well. It seems to be clogging the tubes a bit, but they're technically not breaking any rules.

I just went through a few threads and noticed that almost all of them link directly to their website or a mobile site, cutting CrackBerry out of the equation. For that reason I'm against what is happening. If you want to advertise here, whether you're using developers or beta testers to bump your threads, just make sure you link to the CrackBerry.com store.

Other than that, I have no opinions on the themes themselves, let's just stick to the rules and have fun.
    09-13-10 12:03 PM
    I've noticed this as well. It seems to be clogging the tubes a bit, but they're technically not breaking any rules.

I just went through a few threads and noticed that almost all of them link directly to their website or a mobile site, cutting CrackBerry out of the equation. For that reason I'm against what is happening. If you want to advertise here, whether you're using developers or beta testers to bump your threads, just make sure you link to the CrackBerry.com store.
    What are you talking about? Every theme here links to either on CB or mobihand which BTW is the same thing. Even if it links directly to mobihand, CB still gets a cut. If a link to their website is in their sig, it doesn't really matter because the link for purchase is NOT. So YES they are paying for ad space no matter how you look at it. Enough said!

When these Dev's release FREE themes i don't see any of the people posting here complaining then. WTF???
    09-13-10 12:24 PM
    What are you talking about? Every theme here links to either on CB or mobihand which BTW is the same thing. Even if it links directly to mobihand, CB still gets a cut. If a link to their website is in their sig, it doesn't really matter because the link for purchase is NOT. So YES they are paying for ad space no matter how you look at it. Enough said!

When these Dev's release FREE themes i don't see any of the people posting here complaining then. WTF???
    MobiHand and CrackBerry are not the same thing. If it links directly to MobiHand, CrackBerry doesn't get a cut. If it's linked to CrackBerry, they both get a cut.

I'm not here to argue, like I said, no rules are really being broken and at least they're not peddling low quality themes.
    09-13-10 12:31 PM

How else are we to let everyone know about great themes like Newglass. Everybody bumps threads and I like seeing all the new themes, not just TIM themes.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-13-10 01:15 PM
    3. With that said, I HAVE seen one or two T.I.M. developers relentlessly bumping their theme threads with like 7 consecutive posts saying stuff like, "now $3.99, now $4.99, now $1.99, etc." That itself is shameless and uncalled for. But I've only seen this once or twice.

All in all, except for those one or two developers, they don't do anything other developers do.

I know I do this because some people don't buy the themes until they get really cheap actually...

And regardless it dosent matter I am letting everyone know and get updated on the theme itself.

And to the so called bumping you call people posting their screenshots i cant stop people from posting lol they do what they want...
    09-13-10 01:45 PM
    I don't mind posting saying you have a discount, but when you post 7 consecutive posts with different prices, then it gets a bit distasteful.
    09-13-10 02:06 PM
    all of our devs link products strait to the CB store as stated in the CB rules. there is nothing wrong with saying there is a sale, it just to let people know its on sale.

we have a big team and even bigger following so it is there choice to make posts, we do not force anyone to bump the threads. they do it because they want to. if you do not like it then just dont read them.

and i have to thank the OP because he just gave us more attention and for his 1 negative comment there are several more praising us.

we do not break any of the rules set forth by CB so there is nothing to complain about.

thanks for all the love peeps, see you on the next release
    09-13-10 02:29 PM
    Yes i have to say thank to the ones that are sticking with us
    09-13-10 03:38 PM
    I don't mind posting saying you have a discount, but when you post 7 consecutive posts with different prices, then it gets a bit distasteful.
    Pad. Don't think that's any of our devs....
    Guess Brisk is like gasoline....changes prices depending on what intersection you're at

09-13-10 03:46 PM
    If you are talking about brisk, its more like 47

Pad. Don't think that's any of our devs....
    Guess Brisk is like gasoline....changes prices depending on what intersection you're at

09-13-10 05:37 PM
    Yes i have to say thank to the ones that are sticking with us
    No problem trying to hold strong here with all the haters around
    09-13-10 11:09 PM
    Well, this worked out beautifully...lol... Pad, sry bro - not this team. OP, lol - that's all .. And thanks.

Personally, I have been a theme junky since I downloaded my first theme (like most of us here). I have been postin screenshots for just as long. I roll with the TIM crew because I respect each and every developer in it... If I didn't I wouldn't download their themes.. So saying all that - what's a theme addict supposed to do when he gets a hot theme and some cool wallpapers? Post screenshots - like we all do here on cb. Duh

Thanks for the words peeps! And thanks OP, couldn't of asked for better pub if I made up another screenname myself...respect!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-10 06:44 AM
    Anyone tired of seeing this thread?
    09-15-10 11:59 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD