I'm a subscriber to Zune marketplace and plan to keep my sub because I like d/ling and listening to massive amounts of music. My question is this:

I want to be able to listen to the tracks that are part of my sub on my blackberry so that I can downsize the number of devices I carry around. Is there a way to do this?
    04-06-09 09:12 AM
    Maybe, it depends on if they use device dependent copyright protection. You may be able to assign your Storm as the device, and thus make it work. I have never tried it.
    04-06-09 09:34 AM
    This will not work without removing the DRM from the zune music files. Once the DRM is removed you can do as you please with the music. There are a good number of programs that will do this for you but I use Tunebite to do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 09:49 AM
    I thought zune marketplace had drm free music? Isn't it a monthly subscription?

04-06-09 10:08 AM
    I thought zune marketplace had drm free music? Isn't it a monthly subscription?

They are not DRM free...it's a quarterly subscription and it has to update the DRM's from a web source monthly and if you don't pay your subscription you have a crap load of useless music files...it does however give you 10 downloads a qtr that you keep you I put those on my BB but I prefer my 120GB zune!
    04-06-09 11:11 AM
    The Zune subscription music is DRM protected and won't play on anything but a Zune and an authorized PC. It's special DRM that's not compatible with anything else. You can buy unprotected mp3s at approximately $1 a track from zune. Some of the music is not offered as mp3 yet. I have zune for my zune player and I have Rhapsody for my BB. I can transfer my Rhapsody subscription music to my Storm. The Rhapsody subscription music is rented by the month @$15/month) . Great way to try out new music. Very easy to do. Cover art looks great and the music sounds good.
    04-06-09 11:47 AM
    I like my zune player a lot, but it occurred to me that I have 4 gigs on my zune and 8 on my storm........i'll give that tunebite a shot and see if it works for zune!
    04-06-09 04:02 PM
    Works! Silly minimum character requirement..........
    04-06-09 05:42 PM
    I like my zune player a lot, but it occurred to me that I have 4 gigs on my zune and 8 on my storm........i'll give that tunebite a shot and see if it works for zune!
    Tunebite is a good program.

google "drm removal software" for others
    04-06-09 05:53 PM
    I am using emusic just now. It's DRM free
    04-06-09 05:55 PM
    I would love for my Zune and Blackberry to sync up.
    04-06-09 08:38 PM
    I have a zune subscription and the music is protected. To transfer it to another device you have to unprotect it. As far as I know there is no way to sync a zune playlist to the blackberry, I just copy over the individual trakcs or make a playlist in itunes and use media sync.
    04-06-09 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD