Here is a first. I just got a call with the inbound number 000000000. My call manager of course didn't find it on my "white list" and subsequently hung up on it.

Not "private number" but zeros. Never got that before. Anybody else?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 09:15 AM
    hmz.... nope, never seen that. (at least not on my BB.. did on a previous cellphone)
    05-20-09 09:18 AM
    Sounds like a blocked number gone bad.
    05-20-09 09:18 AM
    or spoof ?
    05-20-09 09:19 AM
    Where do you live? I am in Huntsville, AL and I kept getting calls with all 0's and finally answered. It was a poll from the Republican party for a special election survey.
    05-20-09 09:21 AM
    I get that about once a month and have been for the last six. Its usually right after I get a known telemarkerter number so Im guessing they change the number to see if ill pick up..
    05-20-09 09:24 AM
    Yea that was a first..... Oh well. That's why I use call manager.

05-20-09 09:24 AM
    Here in Colorado Springs it was a scam where people said they were your Credit Union and wanted you to verify your Debit Card info.

At least nothing is wrong with your phone
    05-20-09 09:35 AM
    Here is a first. I just got a call with the inbound number 000000000. My call manager of course didn't find it on my "white list" and subsequently hung up on it.

Not "private number" but zeros. Never got that before. Anybody else?

My garbage company has an automated message call me from that number any time there will be a day's postponement of the garbage pickup due to a holiday.

I assume the automated call software, since it would be able to handle a phone system that can call out on multiple numbers, has the ability to have the outgoing number programmed. The ones that are all 0s are likely due to the administrator not inputing that number.

So I don't think it necessarily HAS to be from a scammer, but the possibility is there. I think it's safe to assume it's either automated or auto-dialed and safe to ignore/send to voicemail.

But I could be wrong.
    05-20-09 09:55 AM
    I get those from Blockbuster when I'm late returning movies
    05-20-09 09:57 AM
    I get those from Blockbuster when I'm late returning movies
    LOL!!

I just checked my voicemail and that's what it was!!!
    Body of Lies is overdue.

Small world.

05-20-09 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD