When I go to watch a video using the YouTube app I just downloaded, I get a "PlayerException:Cannot open tunnel Cause:java.io.IOException:Cannot open tunnel" error?

Anyone have a fix?
    02-25-09 11:55 PM
    I just think RIM (as well as Apple) should stop being jerks and make these phones flash capatable, this would solve quite a few problems.
    02-26-09 12:01 AM
    I just think RIM (as well as Apple) should stop being jerks and make these phones flash capatable, this would solve quite a few problems.
    Yea, it isn't like they aren't fully capable of it.
    02-26-09 12:10 AM
    Yea, it isn't like they aren't fully capable of it.
    Well Apple is having problems getting Flash working on the iPhone and is working closely with Adobe to fix this issue. I think the reason Apple is attempting to get this done so quickly is because they know that BlackBerrys can't in fact run Flash. I have read in multiple threads in the CB forums that RIM would need to to have API or allow API for Flash to work...basically they would have to rewrite the whole OS.

It will interesting to see how the next few months turn out.
    02-26-09 12:20 AM
    Rim needs to enable gpu acceleration for their native os, before they even begin thinking about flash.

If indeed the graphics hardware is currently being used to it's full potential (which I hope it isn't), then the possibilities for this phone are quite limited.
    02-26-09 12:23 AM
    Well Apple is having problems getting Flash working on the iPhone and is working closely with Adobe to fix this issue. I think the reason Apple is attempting to get this done so quickly is because they know that BlackBerrys can't in fact run Flash. I have read in multiple threads in the CB forums that RIM would need to to have API or allow API for Flash to work...basically they would have to rewrite the whole OS.

It will interesting to see how the next few months turn out.
    Well jailbroken iphones can have flash players so I'm sure that the people at apple wouldn't have a problem putting a flash player on. If the 3rd party app writers can do it then apple people can so it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 01:39 AM
    When I go to watch a video using the YouTube app I just downloaded, I get a "PlayerException:Cannot open tunnel Cause:java.io.IOException:Cannot open tunnel" error?

Anyone have a fix?

You know the youtube has worked for all my OS installs from .75 forward. I downloaded the .109 the other and youtube stopped working and I got a similar error when trying to play vids. I had to reload the .109 and then it started working just fine.

What version OS are you running? Perhaps try reloading and see what happens?
    02-26-09 03:51 AM
    I downloaded and installed the Youtube app on my Storm and I can watch most of the video without problem. Occasionally, I ran into one or two that won't play. But I don't really care. If I want to watch it so badly, I can pull out my laptop.

By the way, I am still on .75 OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD