Verizon's Storm didn't come with the Youtube app for some reason. With that Youtube app you have on your Vodaphone Storm, do youtube videos show up in webpages and you can click it and it will load up in the player like on the Iphone? Also, if someone emails you a youtube link will it load up in the media player if you click it? I don't know why Verizon didn't give us the Youtube app, the videos on the mobile site look awful. I think it was because they wanted to be cheap with their bandwidth, I can't think of another reason.
    Last edited by pamela80; 11-21-08 at 11:38 PM.
    11-21-08 11:33 PM
    Verizon's Storm didn't come with the Youtube app for some reason. With that Youtube app you have on your Vodaphone Storm, do youtube videos show up in webpages and you can click it and it will load up in the player like on the Iphone? Also, if someone emails you a youtube link will it load up in the media player if you click it? I don't know why Verizon didn't give us the Youtube app, the videos on the mobile site look awful. I think it was because they wanted to be cheap with their bandwidth, I can't think of another reason.
    You can still watch youtube videos in the browser... it just doesn't have a standalone app like the vodafone version
    11-21-08 11:40 PM
    You can still watch youtube videos in the browser... it just doesn't have a standalone app like the vodafone version
    Yes, but it doesn't look that good better than the postage stamp size they were on my curve true. But the Iphone has the youtube app and it makes watching videos so much easier and they look better. You can just click video links in your email and they load, and videos will show up in the browser and you click on them and they load up in the player, that's how the Iphone is. I was just wondering if the app that came with the Vodaphone users storm does that same thing.
    11-21-08 11:53 PM
    Yes, but it doesn't look that good better than the postage stamp size they were on my curve true. But the Iphone has the youtube app and it makes watching videos so much easier and they look better. You can just click video links in your email and they load, and videos will show up in the browser and you click on them and they load up in the player, that's how the Iphone is. I was just wondering if the app that came with the Vodaphone users storm does that same thing.
    To be honest I have only heard about (and not actually seen) the vodafone app, so I can't really compare them, but I can't imagine it being much better than what I am experiencing... When I go to youtube, it (naturally) takes me to the mobile version and when I click to play a video, it opens up full screen using the BB media player... what does the standalone app do that is different?
    11-22-08 12:40 AM
    like you can scroll threw videos and how the video loads up is diffrent
    11-22-08 12:42 AM
    like you can scroll threw videos and how the video loads up is diffrent
    Exactly. And if it's the same kind of app that the Iphone has then you can get streaming video links sent to your email, you click, and the video loads right away in the player, I read one person say that it doesn't work with the verizon storm. And if you go to certain webpages with embedded stream videos the video will show up and if you click it, it loads in the video player because of the youtube plugin that is in the phone. Oh phonedogs review he went to his webpage to watch a video as a demo of the storm andthe video didn't even show up in the browser and the same page on the Iphone the video showed up and you could play it. So I was just curious if this youtube app makes the phone work the same way because atleast it would be nice to know it's possible for the verizon version to maybe get it one day or if we could put it on ourselves, makes the web experience nicer.
    11-22-08 01:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD