this is driving me nutz. Everytime i want to show someone a funny video on youtube... the video doesnt play! its just a black screen- no sounds, no picture, no error. nothing. It has worked... but not often. I am going to the m.youtube.com .. or click blog links...

any help would be appreciated.

Oh yeah.. and apps like "Player for Youtube" do the same thing
    Last edited by StaticFX; 07-29-10 at 04:04 PM.
    07-29-10 03:58 PM
    hrmp...this is weird.
    07-29-10 04:16 PM
    no kidding...
    oh, im on the latest OS. . no hybrid
    07-29-10 04:30 PM
    I have the same issue when I try to play youtube on the native browser. If I turn wifi off, it works. Don't know why.
    07-29-10 10:43 PM
    um.. wow. that makes ZERO sense.... but you are right. Turn off wifi and it works!
    07-30-10 10:00 AM
    um.. wow. that makes ZERO sense.... but you are right. Turn off wifi and it works!
    YouTube is in conspiracy with RIM to force data usage through the cell network. RIM can then get more money from the vendors for each phone.

Actually, I have browser set to internet browser as default and works fine.
    Last edited by dkingsf; 07-30-10 at 11:47 AM.
    07-30-10 11:36 AM
    I have mine set to internet browser... i have to turn off wifi.
    07-30-10 11:57 AM
    I have mine set to internet browser... i have to turn off wifi.
    hmmm, mine is ok with wi/fi on, using a lyricidal hybrid of 713 OS, just FYI
    07-30-10 12:02 PM
    I get this issue every now and then, I figured out a effective way to solve the problem. If you can unplug your wireless router. Wait a few seconds plug it back in and you get like another week of youtube videos with wifi. This is not an issue with the Storm 2. It's an issue with your router.

In my house the wife and I each have the issue her bold and my storm 2 and the issues start at the same time on both devices and each time a quick reset of the router solves it for both devices, That tells me that it's the router. It's kind of a pain, because it isn't permanent. But it's easy to solve. Try it and hopefully that is your problem as well. Hope this helps
    Last edited by Witmen; 07-31-10 at 12:10 PM.
    07-31-10 12:05 PM
    I have this same problem also, I was wondering if it might be solved by upgrading to .713 because I'm running .517 which came with my phone.
    I'm not sure if I should be upgrading since .713 is not on my carrier site (Bell)
    Last edited by rlbnorth; 07-31-10 at 07:42 PM.
    07-31-10 07:39 PM
    I have this same problem also, I was wondering if it might be solved by upgrading to .713 because I'm running .517 which came with my phone.
    I'm not sure if I should be upgrading since .713 is not on my carrier site (Bell)
    I'm on 713 so no it doesn't necessarily solve it.
    08-01-10 08:21 AM
    I get this issue every now and then, I figured out a effective way to solve the problem. If you can unplug your wireless router. Wait a few seconds plug it back in and you get like another week of youtube videos with wifi. This is not an issue with the Storm 2. It's an issue with your router.

In my house the wife and I each have the issue her bold and my storm 2 and the issues start at the same time on both devices and each time a quick reset of the router solves it for both devices, That tells me that it's the router. It's kind of a pain, because it isn't permanent. But it's easy to solve. Try it and hopefully that is your problem as well. Hope this helps
    Not sure if that's *always* the case, I sometimes get this or errors playing when I'm on WiFi and my router is not "always on." I tend to think that the wireless radio in the Storm2 isn't great, because I can be standing next to my router (or another access point) and it will drop the signals. Whereas other devices stay locked and strong.

Anyways, I wiped my device and reinstalled .713 which helped my radio issues, so I'd consider that as a last resort.
    08-01-10 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD