950 Anytime...
    Unlimited Nights and weekends
    Unlimited Data
    Unlimited Texts, etc.
    Visual Voice
    97.35 per month. (Includes TCI insurance at 5.99 per month)
    Last edited by LVWILLIAMLV; 01-29-09 at 08:23 PM. Reason: added insurance, forgot
    01-24-09 05:49 PM
    Unlimited Monthly Minutes (Business Share Plan - Company Provided) - $0.00
    Unlimited Data - Company Provided - $0.00
    250 Text Message Plan - $5.00
    Total Coverage Insurance Plan - $5.99

Total Monthly Cost to me - $10.99

01-24-09 05:57 PM
    I stopped by a BB today and two reps said a Nationwide plan is required. They repeated the mantra that the Storm, Dare, Voyager require the Nationwide plan to work (they are correct on the Dare and Voyager). I clarified for them that from a technological standpoint, the Storm does not require Nationwide (I know because I had a Storm on AC before I returned it). I told them AC is possible if the customer upgrades directly through Verizon. They said the bottom line is that when the upgrade is processed in their system, they have no way to simply extend a plan such as AC or select any plan other than Nationwide.

Why do I want to stay on my old AC plan? I have a $50 loyalty plan. Nationwide plan would be $20 more per month. Does this $20 get me more minutes? Yes, but when the family uses only 300 of its current 550 minutes allotment, the extra 150 under Nationwide has no value or benefit. The other two phones on my plan require little, if any, data. In the end, AC is simply $240 cheaper per year for me. Yes, I can get the $50 Nationwide Loyalty Plan but, again, I have to go directly through VZW for that. My desire to use BB for my upgrade is based solely on the fact that I have BB gift cards.

I often hear the better coverage argument but no matter where I travel I get fantastic coverage on AC. I can't remember the last time I had a dropped call. Can't get much better than that.
    Like you said, they are correct on the Dare and Voyager but not the Storm. Verizon stores and Best Buy, for whatever reason can't or won't do it. When I took a person that had my same old plan they told me it wasn't possible and the storm won't work all without a nation wide plan. So when I popped out my storm as evidence to the contrary, they looked at me dumb founded, and said they never seen that before. We left, and after around 4 calles to verizon (found someone who understood) and got my friends phone on.

I'm new to the forums and have been reading and searching for assistance regarding America's Choice and Blackberry; I'll admit that I'm confused. My wife and I have AC II PRI 500 any N&W/IN ($50.00) and I'm looking to purchase my first BB. Is it really as simple as adding the BIS data plan?...and am I reading correctly that I can only add BIS by calling in?

Thanks so much!
    Yes. My coworker has america's choice and all he had to do was add the data plan to his storm. The catch is your going to have to keep calling verizon until you get someone knowledgeable and understands what your trying to do.
    Last edited by Jascias; 01-24-09 at 06:23 PM.
    01-24-09 06:06 PM
    0$
    Loyalty unlimited text
    Loyalty incoming calls
    Loyalty telus-telus
    Voice Mail
    Caller ID

25$
    Unlimited email, im, & web

25$
    Family plan with 100 mins
    6pm early nights and weekends

Comes to about 56$
    01-25-09 12:49 AM
    300 anytime
    unlimited incoming
    telus 2 telus
    My fav 5
    free eves/weekends from 6pm
    250 txt /unlimited incoming
    cid
    vm
    unlimited im/email/web

$58 after taxes
    01-25-09 01:27 AM
    1000 any time minutes
    1000 nights & weekends
    1000 mobile to mobile
    unlimited text
    blackberry email and internet

$15/month
    01-25-09 02:15 AM
    2100 minutes family share with unlimited text $130
    BIS $29.99
    Insurance $4.99
    20% company discount
    2nd line $9.99

Total 152.37 with discount and taxes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 11:08 AM
    I stopped by a BB today and two reps said a Nationwide plan is required. They repeated the mantra that the Storm, Dare, Voyager require the Nationwide plan to work (they are correct on the Dare and Voyager). I clarified for them that from a technological standpoint, the Storm does not require Nationwide (I know because I had a Storm on AC before I returned it). I told them AC is possible if the customer upgrades directly through Verizon. They said the bottom line is that when the upgrade is processed in their system, they have no way to simply extend a plan such as AC or select any plan other than Nationwide.
    Stopped by a second Best Buy today. The rep said he can, in fact, keep me on my AC plan. Looks like I'll make my way back to this store soon with gift cards in hand!
    01-25-09 04:49 PM
    Stopped by a second Best Buy today. The rep said he can, in fact, keep me on my AC plan. Looks like I'll make my way back to this store soon with gift cards in hand!
    Good to hear. Give us a update on how it went.
    01-26-09 03:48 AM
    I upgraded to this online being it forced me to when I ordered the Voyager and a Storm.
    I printed it out showing $90 (2 lines) and my third line for $9.99

Now I get my bill in and it shows $90 + $29.99 - BB Data (Unlimited)
    for one line and they charge me 9.99 each for the other 2.
    $5.99 - TEC Insurance x 2

I have to call them.

Everyone do yourself a favor,

If you are on the VZW Family share plan, most of you will be on a BASIC Plan. VZW has a SELECT Plan which the do not market. Log onto VZW.com and go into your account.

The Select Plan offers unlimited Text & Pix messaging and the cost is less then 1500 Msg Plan. Not to mention the Select Plan offers 2 lines as part of the base package.

I upgraded and I'm saving about $20.00 month!!!

My Plan;

$90.00 - 700 Anytime (for 2 lines), Unlimited Text/Pix (for 2 lines).

$29.99 - BB Data (Unlimited)

$5.99 - TEC Insurance
    01-26-09 08:10 AM
    I really like my plan. It's a legacy plan that isnt offered anymore.
    1000 anytime minutes including free long distance in the country
    unlimited nights and weekends.
    1200 mobile to mobile (which I cant seem to use much of)
    250 free txt messages a month
    $30 data plan for bb storm

$55 for phone plan + $30 for data plan=$85 monthly

01-26-09 08:58 AM
    $99.99 -
    450 Minutes
    Unlimited Data
    Unlimited Messaging
    Unlimited InCalling
    Unlimited Night & Weekend Minutes
    $4.99 - TEC insurance
    01-26-09 09:05 AM
    1000 any time minutes
    1000 nights & weekends
    1000 mobile to mobile
    unlimited text
    blackberry email and internet

$15/month

how did you manage to swing this?

01-26-09 10:15 AM
    Unlimited data - not cheap but well worth it.

Welcome to CB.
    01-26-09 10:16 AM
    If it's just your line only on the account, or all the lines are BB's or other smartphone, why does anyone care whether they're on the old ACII plans versus the NW plans? Either way, you still get your X minutes, unlimited text if you chose Select or higher, and your data is unlimited already with the BIS/BES or PDA add-on. What's the difference?
    01-26-09 04:44 PM
    i'm curious, is there a list on here that shows what companies provide discounts --- and how much? I'd like to see why Verizon gives some huge discounts and some crappy -- hence - my whopping 8% off. Hahahaha!
    01-27-09 04:26 AM
    If it's just your line only on the account, or all the lines are BB's or other smartphone, why does anyone care whether they're on the old ACII plans versus the NW plans? Either way, you still get your X minutes, unlimited text if you chose Select or higher, and your data is unlimited already with the BIS/BES or PDA add-on. What's the difference?
    I currently have three non-html lines (Env2, xv9800, and a basic Nokia). None require a Nationwide plan (like the Dare, Voyager, etc.). I am looking to upgrade the Env2 to the Storm.

Here's what I wrote previously in this thread: Why do I want to stay on my old AC plan? I have a $50 loyalty plan. Nationwide plan would be $20 more per month. Does this $20 get me more minutes? Yes, but when the family uses only 300 of its current 550 minutes allotment, the extra 150 under Nationwide has no value or benefit. The other two phones on my plan require little, if any, data. In the end, AC is simply $240 cheaper per year for me. [Additional note: the AC plan also allows the use of proxy services like hopke.net to get inexpensive data. So, I have hopke on the one family line for the rare occassion I need a data connection for that line. This service is $12 a year, saving me money over the Nationwide data rates. Nationwide charges $1.99/mb (even if you use a proxy).]
    Last edited by crackberryfan; 01-27-09 at 04:45 AM.
    01-27-09 04:41 AM
    i'm curious, is there a list on here that shows what companies provide discounts --- and how much? I'd like to see why Verizon gives some huge discounts and some crappy -- hence - my whopping 8% off. Hahahaha!
    Depends on your company. Mine has ten to fifteen thousand devices so we get 20%.

01-27-09 06:30 AM

Why do I want to stay on my old AC plan? I have a $50 loyalty plan. Nationwide plan would be $20 more per month. Does this $20 get me more minutes? Yes, but when the family uses only 300 of its current 550 minutes allotment, the extra 150 under Nationwide has no value or benefit. The other two phones on my plan require little, if any, data. In the end, AC is simply $240 cheaper per year for me. Yes, I can get the $50 Nationwide Loyalty Plan but, again, I have to go directly through VZW for that. My desire to use BB for my upgrade is based solely on the fact that I have BB gift cards.

I often hear the better coverage argument but no matter where I travel I get fantastic coverage on AC. I can't remember the last time I had a dropped call. Can't get much better than that.
    I just activated a storm yesturday for a customer in my store! They are still on the old America's Choice plan. The Eroes system does not require that you change the plan. So, if they know what they are doing or talking about you will keep your old plan.
    01-27-09 09:48 AM
    This is incorrect, all you have to do is add on a $29.99 BB data plan when you decided to try the storm again, to your old plan. You won't need Nationwide. But you have to call in. Best buy and the Verizon stores mostly likely won't know how, or tell you that you need to switch plans, but you don't.

How is my information incorrect? Did you not read it right? I was just recommending the Nationwide plan for better network coverage. You DO NOT have to change your plan when getting a Blackberry Storm (100%) for sure. I just did one yesturday!! Also, there should be no need to call VZW about this at the time of sale, prior to the sale, or even after the sale!! The only thing that I could see as incorrect would be that Best Buy uses Eroes. (That was just an assumption)
    01-27-09 09:56 AM
    This is incorrect, all you have to do is add on a $29.99 BB data plan when you decided to try the storm again, to your old plan. You won't need Nationwide. But you have to call in. Best buy and the Verizon stores mostly likely won't know how, or tell you that you need to switch plans, but you don't.
    What was incorrect about his post? Where did he ever claim that you must switch to nationwide to use a Storm? In the first few lines of his post he wrote:

"Although its not required to change to Nationwide, I strongly recommend it."

Which I would agree with. The nationwide plan will give you the latest network coverage.
    01-27-09 10:17 AM
    The nationwide plan will give you the latest network coverage.
    I've always wondered if this is somewhat of a marketing ploy by VZW. I've been a customer for 4 or so years. I'm on the ACII plan. I can't recall the last time I've dropped a call. I bet it's been less than 10 times in 4 years of service. To clarify, I've traveled to/thru about 20 States. How does Nationwide improve this type of service quality?
    01-27-09 10:29 AM
    I've always wondered if this is somewhat of a marketing ploy by VZW. I've been a customer for 4 or so years. I'm on the ACII plan. I can't recall the last time I've dropped a call. I bet it's been less than 10 times in 4 years of service. To clarify, I've traveled to/thru about 20 States. How does Nationwide improve this type of service quality?
    What it does for you is opens up MORE towers that you might not have hat before. Verizon has agreements with other CDMA carriers now like Alltel (which they own now) that will give you more coverage in more areas. If you are on an older plan your PRL (Preferred Roaming List) can only be updated so much. With Nationwide you get get the latest PRL.
    01-27-09 11:01 AM
    I just changed to the 450min premium plan, so I have the following:

450mins, unlimited n&w, unlimited BB data, unlimited messaging, insurance all for $105 after tax. 13% off from employer.
    01-27-09 11:04 AM
    The other person that replied to this was correct. It is dependent upon the amount of CORPORATE liable lines that your company has. If a company is between 8-99 lines your discount will be 8%. 100-500 lines is 10%-12%, 500-1000 lines would be 15%, 1000-5000 lines would be 18%, and 5000+ lines would be 20%. Only FedEx, UPS, General Electric, and other large corporations like them get the 22% discount. (which happens to be the highest I've seen) Some of my numbers might be off by a little bit, but you get the idea.
    01-27-09 11:06 AM
127 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD