1 Line
    NATIONWIDE EMAIL & MSG
    1350 MINS per month
    UnLimited BLACKBERRY + Nights & Weekends + IN Calling + Messaging
    $129.99- 21% company discount
    VZ Nav for 9.95
    insurance- 4.99

I have a BES on my phone so its has to be unlimited Blackberry for me.

Total this month= $128.27

(I did have a 411 call in for that month but i have since found Google 411 (free so i wont have that charge again. Thanks!
    01-23-09 09:21 PM
    2 BlackBerries:
    1. Storm 9530 is on BES @ $44.95 with 20% discount; 900 minutes NW Basic @ $59.99 with 17% discount.
    2. Pearl 8130 is on BIS @ $29.99 with 20% discount; 450 minutes NW Basic @ 39.99 with 17% discount.
    Both have 250 txt msg @ 5.00/month with 20% discount.
    $4.99/month insurance on both phones.
    Visual Voicemail on Storm 9530 @ $2.99/mo with 20% discount.
    Accessories @ 25% discount.

Thank goodness for my work's Corporate account (discounts!!)

Bill total each month for 2 BBs: $173.01
    01-23-09 09:36 PM
    $17.25 /month Ontario Public Service Employees Union Corp. Plan
    Includes: 250 minutes and;

* Activation Fee Waived [?]
    * Call Forwarding for Free [?]
    * Call Display for Free [?]
    * Call Waiting for Free [?]
    * Conference Calling for Free [?]
    * Detailed Billing for Free [?]
    * Message Centre (Voice Mail) for Free [?]
    * Unlimited Weekends (8pm Friday to 7am Monday) for Free [?]
    * Per Second Billing for Free [?]

Plus $5 for Unlimited Weeknights (6pm-8am)
    Plus $30 for unlimited data.

Total - $52.25 + $4.25 SAF and $0.25 911 fee.
    01-23-09 09:57 PM
    I'm on a family plan with 2 other lines.

We get 2100 minutes so 700 each for $130 plus 9.99 extra for each additional line, and UNL N&W+IN+MSG(Txt,pics,videos) and all that other good stuff.

I have the Storm so 29.99 extra for the Blackberry plan.

6 for the insurance.

With taxes (ughh) and all that junk I pay almost 100 a month :-/
    01-23-09 10:52 PM
    I have 450 mins (39.99) + BIS (29.99) + Text (10$). I used to work for circuit city so I get 20% discount. I quit about a year ago (i saw the bad times coming) but I got the discount all this time. However, now that circuit city is out of business I wonder if I will still get my discount...
    01-23-09 11:00 PM
    my plan is as follow

family plan 1400 share minutes $80.00 less 22% company discount
    date plan 29.99 less 20 % company discount
    additional line 9.99
    250 text message 5.99 (might take off considering that now I can use my BB messenger with other BB users)
    insurance 5.99 per phone

my total monthly after discount is 119.00
    01-23-09 11:31 PM
    Nationwide select family share plan with 1400 minutes - $110
    Four added lines - $9.99 a piece
    Visual voicemail on my line- $2.99
    Data plan on my line- $30
    Another data plan - $45
    VCast VPak - $15
    Wireless card - $59.99
    Insurance on one line - $4.99
    Verizon Navigator on one line - $9.99
    Ringback tones on one line - .99
    01-23-09 11:34 PM
    1350 anytime minutes on Nationwide Select - $99.99/mo
    Total Equipment Coverage - $5.99/mo
    BlackBerry Solution Unlimited Data Usage - $44.99/mo
    Visual Voice Mail - $2.99/mo
    VCast Music with Rhapsody - $14.99/mo
    Ringback Tones - $0.99/mo

I get a 20% discount with my company so it isn't as expensive as it looks.
    01-24-09 01:49 AM
    Unlimited $149 plus tax
    01-24-09 02:43 AM
    Where do you guys work!?

I work for Wynn Resorts and we only get an 8% discount!!

Go figures, he's one of the richest men in Vegas but yet his employees get ripped off, hahaha!

My bill is around $150 a month:
    $100 - anytime unlimited minutes
    $50 - Enterprise data plan
    01-24-09 03:05 AM
    $59.99 America's Choice II Select 450 Min, Unlimited Msg (-24% Corp Disc)
    $29.99 Blackberry Internet Plan (-20% Corp Disc)

The corporate discount also gets me the global voice plan gratis. I think it's $5.99 or $6.99 a month normally, and it just gets lower airtime rates when roaming internationally.

With an unlimited data plan (BB or other smartphone), ACII Select is really no different than the Nationwide Select plans.

Also noticed the cost for sending / receiving SMS when roaming overseas on my last bill:
    Outgoing SMS: $0.50
    Incoming SMS: $0.05
    (This was the SMS in Germany, Greece & Turkey)

Those SMS rates were pretty nice since that's what I primarily use when abroad - would cost me anywhere within that range if I picked up a local SIM but then my US friends would have to pay for sending/receiving international SMS to/from me - assuming the various US carriers have agreements with whichever local provider I chose. VZW has a lot of gaping holes in international SMS agreements.
    01-24-09 04:05 AM
    Single Line
    Minutes: 450
    Text: Unlimited
    Internet & Data: Unlimited
    Insurance
    VZ Navigator
    Visual Voice Mail
    17% Discount From Job

Roughly around 115$ a month.
    01-24-09 06:25 AM
    Im actually shocked at how much ur all paying.... Im on Vodafone U.K so may be different but...

Free Handset
    600 Anytime Minutes
    Unlimited Texts
    Unlimited Internet & Data
    Free insurance

�39.00 Per month.... that works out like $53.... This is less then half the amount most of u are paying. Your all either getting totally ripped or your all getting somethink special im unaware of??? lol
    01-24-09 08:43 AM
    I have:

900 Minutes: $59.99 (15% discount)
    BIS Data Plan: $29.99 (12% discount)
    1500 Texts/mo: $15.00
    Insurance: $4.99

Roughly $100.00/mo

Then I have a broadband access card at $59.99/mo for my laptop

So, total for everything is $160.00 roughly
    01-24-09 09:09 AM
    Verizon plan through work so I'm not sure of all the costs:

900 min Canada calling plan - no roaming or LD anywhere in US or Canada.

$15 tethered modem

unlimited text/SMS/MMS

Unlimited international data
    01-24-09 09:28 AM
    Plan question, when purchasing a Storm at Best Buy:

In early December I got a Storm through Verizon online, using NE2. I'm on a family plan...the Storm was an upgrade for the primary line. During the checkout process, I was not required to change to a Nationwide plan...I had to make a new 2 year committment but I was able to stay on my older America's Choice plan. Naturally, I had to select a data package. I eventually returned my Storm because of my frustration with its glitches. My NE2 was restored; my contract was reset to month to month.

Fast forward to today: I will eventually get another Storm (soon because I see many of the glitches have been fixed). I have a few Best Buy gift cards to burn so buying there would be a good move for me. Does anyone know if I buy there, will I be able to simply extend my America's Choice plan another two years (like I did with VZW), or will Best Buy's system force a Nationwide Plan.

P.S.- Your not on a Family Share plan are you? That's the only reason that I could see why you wouldn't want to go to Nationwide. The only phones that currently require Nationwide are the Voyager, Dare, Glyde, Renown, and any other HTML browsing phones that come out.

For the neysayers who will suggest that a Nationwide plan is required for the Storm regardless of where you buy it, this is incorrect. I--and many other AC VZW customers--were able to stay on our AC plans. It's my understanding that only new customers that must select a Nationwide plan (or current customers who add the Storm as a new/additional line of service).

Any insight would be appreciated.
    Best Buy's system will not make your plan change. They should be using the same system all other retailers use that aren't corporate. Its called Eroes. Although its not required to change to Nationwide, I strongly recommend it. You will have better network coverage if you are on the most current plan. The only worry you would have would be about data on a normal phone. The old plans used minutes when browsing the "mobile web." Now its charged in MB's. 1.99 per MB. I see no other reason to NOT change your plan to Nationwide. If your going to have a BB, it requires a data plan of 29.99 or higher, so you will be charged no other data charges. BB does not have mobile web, it has a browser. Therefore you get no MB charges. Hope this answer helps you. PM me if you have any other intricate questions.
    Last edited by sirshady420; 01-24-09 at 09:32 AM.
    01-24-09 09:29 AM
    Im actually shocked at how much ur all paying.... Im on Vodafone U.K so may be different but...

Free Handset
    600 Anytime Minutes
    Unlimited Texts
    Unlimited Internet & Data
    Free insurance

�39.00 Per month.... that works out like $53.... This is less then half the amount most of u are paying. Your all either getting totally ripped or your all getting somethink special im unaware of??? lol
    Verizon is not cheap. At all. But you get the network! Haha.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 09:31 AM
    400 anytime
    unlimited incoming, text and data
    caller id, voicemail, E&W @ 6pm

bill is about $50 and change.
    01-24-09 10:06 AM
    Best Buy's system will not make your plan change. They should be using the same system all other retailers use that aren't corporate. Its called Eroes. Although its not required to change to Nationwide, I strongly recommend it. You will have better network coverage if you are on the most current plan. The only worry you would have would be about data on a normal phone. The old plans used minutes when browsing the "mobile web." Now its charged in MB's. 1.99 per MB. I see no other reason to NOT change your plan to Nationwide. If your going to have a BB, it requires a data plan of 29.99 or higher, so you will be charged no other data charges. BB does not have mobile web, it has a browser. Therefore you get no MB charges. Hope this answer helps you. PM me if you have any other intricate questions.
    This is incorrect, all you have to do is add on a $29.99 BB data plan when you decided to try the storm again, to your old plan. You won't need Nationwide. But you have to call in. Best buy and the Verizon stores mostly likely won't know how, or tell you that you need to switch plans, but you don't.
    Last edited by Jascias; 01-24-09 at 11:56 AM.
    01-24-09 11:40 AM
    I'm on my old americas choice2 plan.
    450 anytime, unlimited in calling and nights&weekends - 39.99 less 25% discount
    BB email and web - 29.99 less 20% discount
    Then an older message plan - 9.99 unlimited in and 500 to every one else
    Puts me about 65ish a month

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 11:59 AM
    My Plan with TELUS

EPP Talk 17.30 - $17.30
    250 Daytime
    6PM E/W
    Call waiting
    Conference Calling
    Loyalty Messaging 3 year - $0
    Business Flex VM10 & Caller ID -$0
    Unlt'd Personal Email & IM 15 - $15
    Business Flex Mobile-to-Mobile - $0

$17.30 Plan + $15 Data + $6.95 SAF + $0.75 911 = $40 /+tax
    01-24-09 12:24 PM
    I stopped by a BB today and two reps said a Nationwide plan is required. They repeated the mantra that the Storm, Dare, Voyager require the Nationwide plan to work (they are correct on the Dare and Voyager). I clarified for them that from a technological standpoint, the Storm does not require Nationwide (I know because I had a Storm on AC before I returned it). I told them AC is possible if the customer upgrades directly through Verizon. They said the bottom line is that when the upgrade is processed in their system, they have no way to simply extend a plan such as AC or select any plan other than Nationwide.

Why do I want to stay on my old AC plan? I have a $50 loyalty plan. Nationwide plan would be $20 more per month. Does this $20 get me more minutes? Yes, but when the family uses only 300 of its current 550 minutes allotment, the extra 150 under Nationwide has no value or benefit. The other two phones on my plan require little, if any, data. In the end, AC is simply $240 cheaper per year for me. Yes, I can get the $50 Nationwide Loyalty Plan but, again, I have to go directly through VZW for that. My desire to use BB for my upgrade is based solely on the fact that I have BB gift cards.

I often hear the better coverage argument but no matter where I travel I get fantastic coverage on AC. I can't remember the last time I had a dropped call. Can't get much better than that.
    01-24-09 03:01 PM
    This is incorrect, all you have to do is add on a $29.99 BB data plan when you decided to try the storm again, to your old plan. You won't need Nationwide. But you have to call in. Best buy and the Verizon stores mostly likely won't know how, or tell you that you need to switch plans, but you don't.
    I'm new to the forums and have been reading and searching for assistance regarding America's Choice and Blackberry; I'll admit that I'm confused. My wife and I have AC II PRI 500 any N&W/IN ($50.00) and I'm looking to purchase my first BB. Is it really as simple as adding the BIS data plan?...and am I reading correctly that I can only add BIS by calling in?

Thanks so much!
    01-24-09 04:24 PM
    I'm new to the forums and have been reading and searching for assistance regarding America's Choice and Blackberry; I'll admit that I'm confused. My wife and I have AC II PRI 500 any N&W/IN ($50.00) and I'm looking to purchase my first BB. Is it really as simple as adding the BIS data plan?...and am I reading correctly that I can only add BIS by calling in?

Thanks so much!
    I'm assuming you're out of contact...on a month-to-month contract. You're EASIEST path to an upgrade--in terms of remaining on ACII--is logging into your online VZW account and "upgrading" to the Storm. You will be given the chance to add features....chose the $30 BIS plan, not $45. Simply double-check along the way that you weren't converted to Nationwide. This is what I did when the Storm first came out.
    01-24-09 05:28 PM
    $17.50
    300min
    unlimited evenings/weekends starting at 5pm
    caller id
    voice mail 10
    coference call, call waiting, etc
    $15
    unlimited data
    2500 texts

$32.50 + network and tax

you guys in the states pay so much...