Obviously, most folks here are pretty hardcore about their phones and are typically on the lookout for the next great device. And while I am content with my Storm II, for the time being, I'm always curious to see what's on the horizon. So, with that said, what phone or phones are you currently keeping an eye on, as a possibility for your next phone?

Greg
    03-08-10 07:40 AM
    having just got the S2 for xmas...(so I have to wait 2 years) I will be watching for RIM's next big thing.. as well as keeping an eye on the nexus / google. After 2 years - android phones will either dominate the market or fail completely... lol
    03-08-10 07:45 AM
    As for me right now, I'm focused on the rise of the Storm3 (or whatever the name will be)

RIM do worry me a little bit because of the lack of proper supervision on hard- and software development. Too much faulty devices and not properly tested software enter the market under the RIM label.

However, I have the Storm2 and could not be happier with my device.
    03-08-10 07:54 AM
    I have had my storm2 since release date and am very happy this far. However if and when the I phone ever come to Verizon I will hop onto that. But for now. I am just riding the wave!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-10 08:06 AM
    I'm happy with my first BB(s2), so I'm guessing a will look at blackberries first.

03-08-10 08:07 AM
    S3 and keeping an eye on the slider...
    03-08-10 08:27 AM
    Storm 3 is the phone that I think I'm going to look at next. That is if it comes out and is LTE capable, utilizes SurePress, and doesn't have a slider form factor.

I'm also looking into getting a Tour 9630 as a second device. But I'm sticking with the Storm 2 until Storm 3.

03-08-10 08:30 AM
    Happy with my Storm2 (and 1 year contract I got in December) but I am looking forward to see what's in the Storm 3 specs. If nothing is great by end of year, I'll be fine with this one.
    03-08-10 08:31 AM
    I like the form factor of the S2 and would just like to see a more stable OS (read: no more battery pulls!!) and an interface that includes onscreen elements to eliminate much of the reliance on pulling up the menu for many functions such as simply closing an app. And I would love to see a program's icon have a highlight (ala Windows7 taskbar icons) to distinguish the app from currently non-running apps. even if RIM doesn't implement that in the home screen, the app switcher should include that feature, because core apps are always displayed there, making it difficult to determine which apps are running.
    03-08-10 08:48 AM
    looking out for s3 or i guess some are saying its that slider, but which ever. little suggestion to RIM. a blackberry w/ a faster browser, better wifi system, better battery.
    03-08-10 10:26 AM
    The Blackberry Storm 2 is an amazing device i wasn't happy with the storm one but rim raised the bar this time! Storm 3 would be my next choice but im such a gadget junkie ill have verizon's nexus one when it dropes!
    03-08-10 10:36 AM
    Probably the newest Blackberry. They seemed to have hooked me.
    03-08-10 10:39 AM
    Iphone 4g, Storm 3, HTC Desire.. I can't lie, after running a Storm 2 I've become comfortable with the touch screen idea, and I may be tempted to go the iphone 4g way.
    03-08-10 10:43 AM
    Honestly, I'm still looking for a NIB (which I know I won't find) Moto e815. That was hands down bar none the best phone I have ever owned. Don't get me wrong, I like my S2 and the customization I'm able to do with it, but the call quality/signal strength doesn't shake a stick at my old e815. I live somewhat on a fringe area so it is not all the S2's fault, but I've had my share of dropped calls after a few minutes with a great signal. Lots of bugs and issues with S2 (now running .428 w/ SeanRen's v.4 hybrid) but there are also things I like. This is my first Blackberry/smartphone and more than likely my last. I don't really need all the features (not to mention the added cost of a smartphone) that this thing packs. For a business person that travels, this phone would be top dog. I don't upgrade for 2 years so I'm gonna ride this pony til she quits.
    03-08-10 10:43 AM
    I'll be checking out the S3 along with the next iPhone..

Although I like the BB + iPod Touch combo a lot.
    03-08-10 10:47 AM
    to be honest, probably the Droid.
    03-08-10 10:48 AM
    Looking forward to the Storm 3. I loved the first Storm.. like the S2 even better and I'm sure the S3 even more. It's a successful progression
    03-08-10 11:01 AM
    Which ever will replace the iPhone, which may be nothing. Not planning on renewing my contract. Will probably be a BB though.
    03-08-10 11:24 AM
    1. Storm 3
    2. 4G Palm WebOS device
    3. Windows Phone Series 7 device
    4. Some Android device

The caveat is the device must be available from VZW.
    03-08-10 11:26 AM
    Storm 2 Refurb...it has new silicone booties.
    03-08-10 12:16 PM
    Storm 3
    03-08-10 12:22 PM
    For me, it's too frustrating and very unsatisfying to always be looking for and wanting whatever is next. The S2 is the best phone I've ever had, so I'm choosing to be satisfied with it. That doesn't mean that I wont go look at and or buy a new device in a year or two, but why sit around right now, just a few months into your new phone, and choose to start wanting something that doesn't even exist? It's a f*cked up way of thinking.
    03-08-10 12:31 PM
    I am interested in the HTC Incredible and the Nexus One when they come to Verizon. I am also interested in seeing what the Storm 3 has to offer.
    03-08-10 12:32 PM
    I will just have to see what is out . I am not due till next year for an upgrade. I love my Tour but am open to new devices. I don't think Verizon will get the iphone. I loved my EnvTouch but like having BB better. I didn't like the Storm, but if there was a touch screen I could love would give it a try. I didn't like the Droid. I love my Tour and it will have to be really good for me to switch
    03-08-10 12:38 PM
    The CDMA Bold (Tour 2) and a berry with a qwerty. It's been fun with my s2 adventure but, I think i'll leave the touchscreen to my iPod touch. Plus I'm envious of every Bold I see lol
    03-08-10 12:47 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD