What hardware or software feature/s would you like to see make it to the next gen Blackberry Storm?
    04-15-10 01:41 PM
    I like the Storm 2 and works great. There are only five things that I think would make it better:

1) Thin this bad boy out. No reason why it couldn't be a little sleeker like the iphone or nexus one.
    2) A faster processor would really help make things run a little smoother.
    3) Capability to hold 32gb or more micro sd card
    4) Give it 3.7 inch screen. The space is there.
    5) Next and best Blackberry OS

I know there are a ton of other things that people will suggest all of which are valid. These are just a few of the issues I think need to be resolved and realistically can be resolved in the next model.
    04-15-10 02:09 PM
    a) If you carry it in your shirt, coat or jacket pocket and use earphones at all, the phone jack needs to be ON TOP of the unit, NOT on the side. Sideways pressure on the plug will soon ruin the jack.

b) ON/OFF and LOCK should definitely be different buttons.

Bob
    04-15-10 02:31 PM
    I like the Storm 2 and works great. There are only five things that I think would make it better:

1) Thin this bad boy out. No reason why it couldn't be a little sleeker like the iphone or nexus one.

No thanks...it's already too thin to hold comfortably without a case on it.

Would never say no to a faster processor.

Already has this capability.

I agree..widescreen format would be nice, although then I'd have to get all new apps...eek.

OS improvements are always welcome too, though I honestly am comfortable with the BB OS, so I don't want anything too freaky new...lol!

I know there are a ton of other things that people will suggest all of which are valid. These are just a few of the issues I think need to be resolved and realistically can be resolved in the next model.
    Some responses within the quote. Also:

LTE ready obviously.

Improved camera optics and a better flash. I don't care about mega pixels, but give me some better optics.

Improved battery life.

More app storage space.

HD screen.

Again, massively improved browser with Flash support!!! I can't say this enough!

Better speaker and maybe figure out a better location for it? On the S2 it's in an even worse place than it was on the S1!

I got it! Put the speaker where the charging port currently is and put the charging port where the speaker currently is. That's where the charging port belongs anyway...who thought it was a good idea to charge from the side?

Ability to print from the phone somehow would be awesome! Even if it's via USB.
    04-15-10 03:13 PM
    about 3 pounds lighter would be nice
    04-15-10 03:15 PM
    1) quicker processor
    2) pinch zoom (to be quick like competitor phones)
    04-15-10 06:34 PM
    about 3 pounds lighter would be nice
    Hilarious.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-10 06:44 PM
    I think you are not up to date in the news!

S3 hardware is almost finished! Some people already played with it.

In the main spec you can see:
    5.0mp camera.
    iphone size(less width)
    boot time in 19 seconds
    OS 6.0
    Still with a click screen(I think it's a neew tech but not sure)

Search for it on the web, you'll find something about that. Still no photo of it.
    04-15-10 06:49 PM

So make it an HTC Incredible with surepress? I'd be all for that!
    04-15-10 06:58 PM
    I'd say better processor, better camera optics, 3.2 is good but the optics isn't that good. But then again 5.0 would be great too, better battery life, LTE, Make the bottom 4 buttons hard buttons again like the S1, not like it is on the S2, I like the S1 style better but thats me. AMOLED screen, better resolution, get rid of the chrome and make it all black and rubber back would be sweet.
    04-15-10 07:21 PM
    Nobody mentioned a better BROWSER! It has to have a GREAT browser to compete in this world!
    04-15-10 07:28 PM
    The Storm 3 definitely needs to have bigger screen. With the HTC Incredible and HD2 having 4-inch screens and rumors of the iphoneHD having around the same size, RIM has to step up.

Me personally, get rid of the LED light. It's just wasted space on of the phone.

Thinner and lighter.

Move the speaker from the bottom and put the headphone jack somewhere else, too. (Maybe switch these two)

Get rid of Surepress. In .320 it would lock up, not allowing for clicking. In .607, it clicks way too much.

Be able to edit videos you create within the phone.

Better camera/flash.
    04-15-10 07:31 PM
    I'm not sure if anyone in these forums has ever mentioned this...but maybe a faster web browser.
    04-15-10 07:37 PM
    I'm not sure if anyone in these forums has ever mentioned this...but maybe a faster web browser.
    Webkit browser. Should be coming out sometime this year.
    04-15-10 07:50 PM
    I know I'll get ridiculed on some of the things I mention here, but everybody's entitled to their opinion, and this is mine...

1) The phone's form factor is perfect, yes the room is there to make the screen bigger, and I'd love to see that, but honestly, I'm perfectly fine with the SIZE it is...
    2) The RESOLUTION of the screen could and should be A LOT higher...
    3) A higher MP camera would be nice, but I think the 3.2 takes beautiful pictures that sometimes friends can't even tell were taken on a cell phone...
    4) A faster processor is a must, an ABSOLUTE must...
    5) A built in turn by turn GPS program THAT IS FREE!!! (I know, I know...It's software, but come on guys!! The iPhone has a better version of google maps than us, Android phones obviously do...I just want to see a nice free app that can get me from place to place when I don't know where I am...
    6) A higher capacity battery - While mine makes it through the day just fine, I usually find myself having to top it off while driving to or from school just so that it's sitting around 30% by nights end. Would be nice to not have to charge it EVERYDAY...
    7) MOST IMPORTANT!!! GB's OF INTERNAL APPLICATION MEMORY!!!!!!!!!! We need to be able to design and run applications the size of iPhone apps...Some ranging up to 200MB now. This is the only reason for my disappointment in ALL BB's...
    8) Lastly, and probably most second most important to me, the ability to edit pictures and videos straight from the device... There are plenty of times I've taken pics or videos, and wanted to send them but ended up with something wrongly said, or a part of a picture i don't want that person to see...Definitely could use some app or feature like this...
    04-16-10 01:38 AM
    I started reading this from the top and it wasn't until I got to yours when I said "bingo." LTE absolutely, but had to laugh when you said "obviously." Knowing how these things go, as much as I hate to think it, I would not be surprised if it wasn't. That would be "Storm 4."

But yeah, faster processor (at least 1 GHZ) and more memory is essential and the camera right now is so poor, I never use it. Careful on Megapixels. It's not just quantity, but quality. What's never mentioned by the marketers is, Size Does Matter. That's why I high end professional camera can produce huge photos that some of the new point and shoots with equal MP, can't. The lenses (pixels) are so much larger on larger cameras. So, you can get better results from a 5 MP point and shoot with it's larger chip, than you can from a 5 MP phone cam with a tiny chip. Also, you have to double the number of MP to see an appreciable difference in qualty and 5 isn't twice as many as 3.2. But, whatever they can do to improve it, I'm all for it.

Would be nice, but highly improbable, to be able to switch from SurePress to simple touch when desired. I'm all for everything listed, not into a physical keyboard option...please no!

Some responses within the quote. Also:

LTE ready obviously.

Improved camera optics and a better flash. I don't care about mega pixels, but give me some better optics.

Improved battery life.

More app storage space.

HD screen.

Again, massively improved browser with Flash support!!! I can't say this enough!

Better speaker and maybe figure out a better location for it? On the S2 it's in an even worse place than it was on the S1!

I got it! Put the speaker where the charging port currently is and put the charging port where the speaker currently is. That's where the charging port belongs anyway...who thought it was a good idea to charge from the side?

Ability to print from the phone somehow would be awesome! Even if it's via USB.
    04-16-10 01:51 AM
    I'm just not that impressed with AMOLED. Saturation and contrast seem to suffer on the ones I've seen. That being said, I saw a video (take at CES, I think) where Sumsung was demoing their new phone. The video looked potentially incredible and Samsung is calling it "Super AMOLED" not sure what they've done, but the potential is getting there!

I'd say better processor, better camera optics, 3.2 is good but the optics isn't that good. But then again 5.0 would be great too, better battery life, LTE, Make the bottom 4 buttons hard buttons again like the S1, not like it is on the S2, I like the S1 style better but thats me. AMOLED screen, better resolution, get rid of the chrome and make it all black and rubber back would be sweet.
    04-16-10 01:56 AM
    Better (faster) browser, with Flash.

Thinner, but with a slightly larger screen.

KEEP THE CLICK SCREEN

Better UI to know which apps are truly running. I get tired of checking the browser and other core apps to see if they are actually open. The icons of running apps should be differentiated from closed apps, in a visual manner similar to Windows 7.

like others said, faster processor and boot times would be nice
    04-16-10 02:13 AM
    I'm just not that impressed with AMOLED. Saturation and contrast seem to suffer on the ones I've seen. That being said, I saw a video (take at CES, I think) where Sumsung was demoing their new phone. The video looked potentially incredible and Samsung is calling it "Super AMOLED" not sure what they've done, but the potential is getting there!
    D'ya think we'll see laser displays on phones in our lifetime? You know how the outdoor screens knock your eyeballs out in Las Vegas? It would be awesome to have a super bright, but low power-consumption screen that brightens up in daylight. We shouldn't have to struggle to view our screens in bright sun.
    04-16-10 02:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD