Ello All! I got my first Blackberry a couple of weeks ago. I have been lurking about the site and finally decided to just ask the question bugging me for awhile and especially today...

Should I upgrade to .99? I have been fine with .75 (coming from an Omnia and a Dare before that I dont expect much) but I want my Blackberry to be all it can be LOL. As you can see in my signature I have had a few phones, I only had the Omnia for a week or so, but never anything close to Blackberry! So I am kind of nervous to do my first upgrade. I hacked the **** out of my Dare but that phone isnt even half of what the Storm is. So how long after you got your first Blackberry did you do your first unofficial OS install?!?

Just seeking advice!

EDIT::

So I made the plunge! Im very happy that I did (SO FAR). I definitely recommend upgrading. Its scary (the first time) but its sooo worth it!
    Last edited by coryjclark; 02-02-09 at 04:43 AM.
    02-02-09 03:02 AM
    Honestly I think .99 is one of the better leaked OSes but I've not run it that long. When I first got .90 on my phone it was doing ok just didn't feel all that stable and it got worse with time. So far .99 seems to be doing very well. I think that .99 is a real improvement over .75. I also feel that .99 is getting to the point where you'll see an official in the not too distant future. So its up to you. I think if you hacked your previous phones that you'll have no trouble upgrading the storm. If you have any trouble just uninstall the device software from your computer and then install the official released .75 again and you can put it back. Just make sure you only have one version of the device software installed at a time.

Welcome to the crackberry community!
    02-02-09 03:10 AM
    I just went from .75 to .99 tonight and have been very impressed. I'm glad I took the plunge and gave it a shot. I've had the phone about 6 weeks, I kind of waited for the OS leak that did a few things I wanted and appears stable...and .99 was the one I tried.
    02-02-09 03:11 AM
    I'm still with .75. I won't be upgrading until the official upgrade is released.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 03:13 AM
    I think that .99 is a real improvement over .75. I also feel that .99 is getting to the point where you'll see an official in the not too distant future.
    Thanks. I have only had a couple of problems with.75, such as, the acceloremeter not being very responsive. And a couple of times I would touch and try to click a letter and it would highlight and click something on the opposite side while the other side would be non responsive.

I'm still with .75. I won't be upgrading until the official upgrade is released.

Yeah I thought about waiting but I just keep wondering!!! LOL
    02-02-09 03:15 AM

If you're not comfortable hacking on your phone and confident that you can search for how to fix it if something messes up this is the best route you can go!
    02-02-09 03:15 AM
    Just read the threads on how to update and you will be fine. I was installing leaked OS the 2nd day I had my storm. This is my first blackberry

02-02-09 03:21 AM
    It is easy, I didn't wipe my phone or anything going to .99 tonight. Just backed stuff up, and ran the update. Worked like a charm.
    02-02-09 03:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD