I'm on my third storm and still not happy with the issues and the speed that the are being fixed.....

So was wondering what the most popular replacement for a storm is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 09:14 AM
    Go with a Curve!
    03-31-09 09:15 AM
    That's what I was just looking into :P

03-31-09 09:18 AM
    My question is, 1st replacement I can understand (what was the problem?). But after having problems with the first replacement, I doubt I would have opted for a second let alone a third replacement.
    03-31-09 10:18 AM
    The LG Vu would be a good upgrade from the Storm.
    03-31-09 10:21 AM
    Problem with the first was a screen that just stopped clicking. Got second for free. Then that did the same thing then stopped and turned out to have some kind of hard ware problem and I couldn't install apps... Yeah first case I've seen of that. Then they have me my third for free and it crashes all the time and is slow and tired of waiting for all these issues to be fixed. So I'm quiting the storm and getting something new and just wondering what other people would or did replace theirs withdraw

03-31-09 10:22 AM
    Problem with the first was a screen that just stopped clicking. Got second for free. Then that did the same thing then stopped and turned out to have some kind of hard ware problem and I couldn't install apps... Yeah first case I've seen of that. Then they have me my third for free and it crashes all the time and is slow and tired of waiting for all these issues to be fixed. So I'm quiting the storm and getting something new and just wondering what other people would or did replace theirs with

03-31-09 10:23 AM
    lol I was trying to come up with some answer like that, like the little kid phones with the 4 buttons being better. But I just went with giving advice I knew the OP would enjoy.
    03-31-09 10:24 AM
    Not even close lol
    I had one and it was good, but honestly it would be a step down. The screen is terrible in sunlight, internet is average, and not nearly as customizable as the storm. I could go on, but you get the pic. Oh and it doesn't even use a 3.5mm jack.
    Last edited by gabead; 03-31-09 at 07:18 PM.
    03-31-09 03:40 PM
    My question is, 1st replacement I can understand (what was the problem?). But after having problems with the first replacement, I doubt I would have opted for a second let alone a third replacement.
    I respect him for giving the Storm a chance. It is common knowledge that they released it too early and are paying for it now. It WILL be improved, but patience must be exerted first. - I completely understand people who leave the storm though, some can only wait so long for a remedy. I will personally be waiting for the Niagara, if the Storm isn't up to snuff by then it might be on its way to Ebay.
    03-31-09 04:33 PM
    I can't fathom anyone that's owned a Storm recommending another RIM product...I would stay away from ANYTHING RIM. If they can't get the storm right I doubt the Niagara will be much better...didn't their VP recently admit that buggy software is the norm for smart-phones? Yeah, I'll pass. I'm hoping the next upgrade for my storm will convert it into an iPhone.
    03-31-09 05:13 PM
    I can't fathom anyone that's owned a Storm recommending another RIM product...I would stay away from ANYTHING RIM. If they can't get the storm right I doubt the Niagara will be much better...didn't their VP recently admit that buggy software is the norm for smart-phones? Yeah, I'll pass. I'm hoping the next upgrade for my storm will convert it into an iPhone.
    Why wait? They sell iphones everywhere! If I wasn't happy with mine, it would have been gone!
    03-31-09 05:19 PM
    Oh I would totally upgrade to the iPhone if my entire family and all of my friends weren't on verizon (I talk quite a it and the free in-network minutes make a difference). There's also the issue of breaking the service contract and having to pay extra fees. I'm already 4 months into it...8 more and I'm unloading this POS...just have to figure out how to deal with 8 months of people going "huh? I can't hear you...what'd you say?" Also 8 months of battery pulls which will either destroy the back of the case or the battery itself...
    04-01-09 08:36 AM
    i cant find a way around my verizon plan. i want to get the htc touch pro.... but i cant without the full price. im stuck with a storm
    04-04-09 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD