View Poll Results: Do you have TalkLock?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes; It works great!

72 43.37%
  • Yes; Problems but I can get around it

19 11.45%
  • Yes; Other

5 3.01%
  • No; Never tried it

13 7.83%
  • No; I used to have it but it is glitchy

4 2.41%
  • No; I used to have it, but it was slowing/hurting my Storm

24 14.46%
  • No; because I switched to a better lock program

26 15.66%
  • Other - Explain

3 1.81%
    I've had TalkLock for some time now. It "works" perfectly, activates on every call and i like the option of setting a fun background.

I have the latest version of the program with the slider bug fixed and supposedly the memory leak fixed as well.

However, i am still having HUGE issues with memory leaks, i average around 30mb at best and i have dropped as low as around 200kb even lower. I only have a couple of 3rd party apps but my memory drops cumulatively throughout the day.

I just deleted TalkLock i will let you know in a day if i notice changes.
    01-28-09 11:35 AM
    I have Talklock since I have had my storm and have had no problems at all. I wouldn't pay for an app that does the same thing when this one is free
    01-28-09 11:51 AM
    i bought it, it works fine. no issues at all
    01-28-09 11:58 AM
    Installed a week ago and have not had any problems yet.

01-28-09 12:14 PM
    How do you guys check your real-time available memory?? I am using TalkLock and it seems fine, but I am not able to monitor my memory.... Please advise.
    01-28-09 01:10 PM
    StormLock is much nicer!! When using talklock i was eventually unlocking the slider. StormLock is faster to lock once send is pressed as well
    01-28-09 01:10 PM
    I don't like the delay to unlock after you start a call. Annoying when calling automated systems. I also experience slight memory leaks. But ill keep it till a better free app comes out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 01:39 PM
    I have used TalkLock for some time and it works great. I just wish they had a similar type of locking mechanism for the phone in general, as it is a real pain to type in my password (required by IT) every time I want to unlock the phone, even if it has only been locked for 10 seconds.
    01-28-09 01:55 PM
    Perhaps upgrading OS might help.
    Waitin for official release
    01-28-09 07:59 PM
    Ok so i originally posted that i used TalkLock and experienced memory problems. I was using the latest version with supposed fixes to this problem.

I deleted TalkLock to see if it would help with my memory issues and told you guys i would be back to you in a day or two to report.

When i deleted TalkLock it seemed to improve my memory issues drastically, no more random drops and/or constant depletion of App Memory. It did not fix it completely but it seemed to make a significant difference.

I waited about a day to see what would happen and my memory seemed to be doing much better, i then installed StormLock, and waited a while to see what would happen, my memory seems much more stable and my overall performance on the phone has significantly increased.

Summation
    Although i like the look and feel of Talklock (with replaceable backgrounds and the nifty slide bar) the hurt it put on my performance makes it not worth it. Not to mention everytime i would enter the storms app quickswitch menu the annoying Talklock icon would always be there reminding me that it is there sucking my memory away.
    StormLock has been a much better experience.
    If you are not into buying programs and supporting 3rd party app developers there is another program ScreenLock i believe it will be called (name still pending) that might be for you.
    01-29-09 11:06 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD