Hey guys, new here. Ive got a few questions i need to work out to fully enjoy my new blackberry =]

basically, ive got an unlocked UK Vodafone BB Storm that I have used to run T-Mobile UK on it, the OS that came with the phone when I got it is missing some features that the storm should have, for example facebook and maps. Furthermore the browser doesnt work, as it comes up with the notification saying

"Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries.

Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device"

Although blackberry messenger and email work (although images wont load)

So if possible guys, can you guys help me solve a few things;

1. How do would i be able to put Apps into my Vodafone UK unlocked Storm?
    2. Enable the Browser to work?
    3. Enable images to be displayed on my blackberry?

Thanks.
    07-08-09 12:07 PM
    I'm not too familiar with unlocked devices, but did you try resending the service books? You can do so from the BIS site for your carrier, which can be found at BlackBerry - BlackBerry Smartphone and Email Account Setup.
    shunika likes this.
    07-08-09 12:12 PM
    yes i had the same probs with my gf's storm,

ring up t-mobile and ask for the blackberry package, u will need this for email/browser, etc. then u will get sent the correct service books
    07-08-09 12:13 PM
    Thanks for the reply guys, but how exactly do i resend the service books?
    07-08-09 12:19 PM
    Thanks for the reply guys, but how exactly do i resend the service books?
    Once you log into your carrier's BIS site from the link above, click on service books on the left and then "resend service books."
    07-08-09 12:22 PM
    Once you log into your carrier's BIS site from the link above, click on service books on the left and then "resend service books."
    alright, ive done that, and have resent the books to my blackberry. is there supposed to be a notification on the phone afterwards? because i did not receive one. The browser still does not work, as it still displays the same message as it did before. Do you guys think this is because of the Vodafone UK blackberry storm, or is it the SIM card's fault?
    07-08-09 12:40 PM
    hi i m anwar . i have blackberry curve 8310 which one i got from my friend.
    i know the APN name and put that name in TCP option.but still i did not connect internet. pls assist me how i can setup manually.
    Thanks & best Regard.
    Anwar
    06-19-10 01:58 AM
    hello forum.i also used bb 9650 bold 3....i have tried my possible to to register the service book but still yet nothing came up out it...can someone advice on what to do?
    02-10-11 06:43 PM
    I am also having problems with getting my service books. I am on rogers and since they don't usually have the BB storm the person I called couldn't really help. I can't seem to get anhything to send to my phone or anything... need help please
    02-11-11 03:19 PM
    Hey guys, new here. Ive got a few questions i need to work out to fully enjoy my new blackberry =]

basically, ive got an unlocked UK Vodafone BB Storm that I have used to run T-Mobile UK on it, the OS that came with the phone when I got it is missing some features that the storm should have, for example facebook and maps. Furthermore the browser doesnt work, as it comes up with the notification saying

"Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries.

Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device"

Although blackberry messenger and email work (although images wont load)

So if possible guys, can you guys help me solve a few things;

1. How do would i be able to put Apps into my Vodafone UK unlocked Storm?
    2. Enable the Browser to work?
    3. Enable images to be displayed on my blackberry?

Thanks.
    Same exact problem only thing is that I am n the US. on T-mobile network, using ubuntu on my p.cp. so I am really screwed! I dont want to get a new phone! I like this one! Hope there is help for me.
    02-23-11 12:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD