View Poll Results: Does your phone freeze up while typing on 5.0.x.x?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. It freezes up

70 42.68%
  • No. It works fine

94 57.32%
    i even wiped reinstalled...

shrank too...
    10-27-09 10:54 PM
    did the same
    10-27-09 10:59 PM
    My keyboard never catches up with my typing speed in SMS. Works great in Opera Mini 4.2 and BBM. But slow as ever in SMS...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 11:00 PM
    Facebook. Ubertwitter. Google Maps 3.2. Opera Mini 4.2. Air Traffic Control. HTC Hero theme by Ecruz. QL 2.15.

10-27-09 11:01 PM
    No 3rd party apps here. No themes either. I've tried wiping with BBSAK and reloading without a restore and it still locks up with the same frequency. I figured I'd wait until the Storm2 hits before I go over to my VZW store...maybe they'll feel bad for me and give me a Storm2! (Hey, a man can dream, can't he? )
    10-27-09 11:02 PM
    Man this is just frustrating. sometimes it freezes for no reason now.
    10-28-09 07:16 AM
    My storm is doing it because of that new predictive text. Turn it off...much better. Go to options > Language and text input > change the option from "word completion" to "auto correct". No more predictive text and my typing is much faster sounds odd but it worked for me.

10-28-09 08:03 AM
    I wonder if VZW will address this or just tell people to go back to .148 if they do not like it
    10-28-09 08:12 AM
    My storm is doing it because of that new predictive text. Turn it off...much better. Go to options > Language and text input > change the option from "word completion" to "auto correct". No more predictive text and my typing is much faster sounds odd but it worked for me.

Did this just stop the slow typing or did it stop the freezing of the phone?
    10-28-09 08:13 AM
    Mine is doing this. Usually while typing and occasionally randomly. I have done everything I can think of to fix it. I've downgraded to 4.7 and back up. I've completely wiped the phone deleting all 3rd party apps. I'm getting very frustrated.

Verizon hasn't been much of a help either. The guy in the store said the software was new so they couldn't help me.
    10-28-09 08:41 AM
    You even went into the store? Wow...Any Verizon reps got any advice? Is going to VZW worth it at all? Or will they just say screw you go back to .148 if you dont like the new update...
    10-28-09 08:45 AM
    Mine just froze this morning while changing the alarm.
    10-28-09 09:08 AM
    My clock has frozen as well mikec8785...it seems this is an issue with several of us...it has frozen on the stop watch when using digital stopwatch and it has frozen on flip clock...never when setting alarm tho...I switched to all analog type clock faces...freezing there stopped however now I am freezing in bbm and sms texting...
    10-28-09 09:17 AM
    I just tried turning off the predictive text like someone mentioned. I tried sending an e-mail from my personal to my work. I only got three letters typed before it froze.

I also called VZW customer service. Unfortunately, I only have my cell. They told me to *228 and do a 30 second battery pull. I have to call back from another phone and they will walk me through a phone wipe. Which I've already done myself. Looks like I may have to get a new phone to solve this.
    10-28-09 09:24 AM
    I have had it freeze up just doing about everything. turning it for landscaping mode its even froze up
    10-28-09 09:25 AM
    My wife's phone did that on every build of OS 5.0, fine on all 4.7 builds. My storm handles 5.0 perfectly every build. It's hardware related i called Verizon new storm will be here today. Suggest you do the same. It has nothing to do with how you installed it, wiped it etc. Don't even waste your time trying to wipe and re-install.
    10-28-09 09:31 AM
    My wife's phone did that on every build of OS 5.0, fine on all 4.7 builds. My storm handles 5.0 perfectly every build. It's hardware related i called Verizon new storm will be here today. Suggest you do the same. It has nothing to do with how you installed it, wiped it etc. Don't even waste your time trying to wipe and re-install.
    did you call support for this?
    10-28-09 09:41 AM
    i JUST got my phone replaced...This is pretty annoying...how could this even be hardware related...it only happened with the new OS...
    10-28-09 09:43 AM
    did you call support for this?
    yes, you have to go through their tech support BS..but overall it wasn't too painful and actual suprisingly easy to have a new one issued. I suggest you do that rather than waste your time trying to figure out what you did wrong. It's the hardware. I'm telling you Verizon and RIM are going to lose a bunch on this OS release, i'm waiting for the trade your S1 for a S2 deal to come.
    10-28-09 09:47 AM
    son of a Biatchhhh...I REALLLLLYYY like my replacement i just got like a week ago...the screen clicking is like a million times better and now i need a diff one...wtf...
    10-28-09 09:57 AM
    yes, you have to go through their tech support BS..but overall it wasn't too painful and actual suprisingly easy to have a new one issued. I suggest you do that rather than waste your time trying to figure out what you did wrong. It's the hardware. I'm telling you Verizon and RIM are going to lose a bunch on this OS release, i'm waiting for the trade your S1 for a S2 deal to come.
    Mine is a work phone so i had to call the lady that takes care of our phones to see if she could put in a call and see how i need to go about it.. But thanks this is very very helpful news
    10-28-09 10:48 AM
    OK i called in for that. They told me to try some things. I am going to see how they work first. I will report back. I have already seen a new my verizon app show up on my phones desktop
    10-28-09 11:24 AM
    Turning off predictive text stopped freezing while typing. I haven't experienced freesing anywhere else though. Mine runs great. I think this phones memory management and processor are just too weak.

10-28-09 11:57 AM
    First off Sgaida.. Thank you very much for your info. I went to the verizon store in Rocky Mount Nc. The lady there was very very helpful. She didn't even ask me many questions. She said with the warranty that i had 3 replacements under my warranty coverage in 90 days. If they don't work i get to get a phone of equal or lesser value. Well She walked back to the back and grabbed me a preloaded OS 328 phone and switch the contacts. It was a beautiful thing. While i waited i got to play with a storm2 which i noticed was running the OS 320 at the time. It still had that cityid which i guess they did away with. Since all i have thats different is the my verizon app. I asked her if they had any storm2s there and she said that did. But that they weren't really pushing them but that if i wanted one she could get it for me. My contract isn't up yet so i would have had to pay a little too much to get it. She said they were just being really quiet on it until they got the inventory up on it. ok now to my new phone. Its sooooo much faster then when it was loaded on my previous phone and flick scrolling is so much faster and smoother. Once again Sgaida that was a brilliant idea! So Gonzo the answer is yes its very much worth it and it has fixed the issue. Like i said though mine came with the new os so if you go in make sure you ask for one. Not one with the old os that you would upgrade
    10-28-09 06:25 PM
    my phone can be charging and just locks up or while browsing it locks up didnt start til i got 5.0 software
    10-30-09 12:52 PM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD