So I haven't seen anything posted on this in any of the forums after doing a search. I wanted to first say that I'm using Vymail and its amazing and I really love how easy it is to use. That being said I get a ton of voicemails a day during the week probably 10-15 a day (probably doesn't seem like much to you major business blackberry users). When I was going over my verizon bill I was noticing a ton of 714 calls for one minute each. Basically what was happening was everytime I got a voicemail verizon would charge me a minute to forward the caller to the Youmail server and then another minute when I used the Application to retrieve it. Well I'm on a family plan sharing my minutes with 4 other people, that can get costly.

Thankfully with Verizon going with the my favorites with up to ten contacts with my plan, I added the 714 number and now I have completely FREE visual voicemail!! So if you get as many voicemails as I do, I would recommend without a doubt to add the 714 number that is on your statement to your one of your favorites if this option is available to you. All you have to do is log on to Verizon's website and update it online.

As a note; I never once went over in minutes but I did notice that I got dangerously close though. To many of you, the amount of minutes won't amount to much but I was literally around 300-400 minutes a month, so it was way worth it. Also if you haven't tried Vymail I would definitely say its one of the best Apps I have downloaded. I hope this helps~
    04-18-09 02:38 PM
    Tried it..can't stand it yet can't get free of it. Wiped and reloaded OS to no avail.
    04-18-09 02:47 PM
    Tried it..can't stand it yet can't get free of it. Wiped and reloaded OS to no avail.
    Well I'm not sure what's not to love about this app, I feel its way better than the VVM that verizon charges you to use.
    05-18-09 12:43 AM
    I have unlimited minutes not a problem for me
    05-18-09 01:15 AM
    Nice, for a verizon family plan its almost $150 more a month. It would be great though.
    05-18-09 01:24 AM
    Wow just being curious I checked it on verizon's website and for 5 lines it starts at $530 a month thats $400 more than I'm paying thats baller money right there.
    05-18-09 01:28 AM
    Thanks for sharing. I was worried.
    05-18-09 07:39 AM
    Wait...retrieving the message and having the call routed to YouMail costs us minutes?

::delete app::

That sucks, it was a really good app too.
    05-18-09 08:09 AM
    The last post in this thread was almost a month ago...why in the world would you bring it back? And since it's already here. I ran into this problem actually, I have the lowest minutes you can get. I would never ever even get near going over until I used this app, I went over by 45 minutes so far because I got around 200 calls this month so each call cost me 1 minute, and then I had to talk to some out of network callers. I am thinking about spending 20 more to get the friends and family because that is the only solution really.
    05-18-09 08:11 AM
    Just looked and I had a bunch of calls to that numbers as well. Just added to my fam and friends also.

CC
    05-18-09 11:20 AM
    Wait...retrieving the message and having the call routed to YouMail costs us minutes?

::delete app::

That sucks, it was a really good app too.
    I don't think this is entirely true. Having a vmail call routed to another number DOES use minutes. I think it tallies the total minutes it took to play your message and for the caller to leave the message.

However, I don't see any retrieval usage and I would have bet money that Vymail uses data to retrieve the message from the website. I'm 100% sure that this is the case as I don't see retrieval calls.
    05-20-09 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD