For those who have not tried the transcription service lately, it is quite a bit improved. I have been testing it out this week (and other than the fact that 50% of the time it uses an alternative spelling of MY name, I am quite pleased). Some are dead on, but even the ones that are rough are usually good enough to figure out the point of the message. Numbers are still a weak point, but usually you have the call back number anyways.

Here is an example

06-17-09 11:57 AM
    Would love to use it ..but I'm on sprint. They charge .20 per min for ff
    06-17-09 06:07 PM
    Lol, I just called Tmo to make sure that I wouldn't get charged to use the service, and the rep was like, "wow, that sounds like a cool service. What's the website I have to check it out."

I'm still laughing, but I'm converting a lot of people towards it.
    06-18-09 09:25 PM
    Lol, I just called Tmo to make sure that I wouldn't get charged to use the service, and the rep was like, "wow, that sounds like a cool service. What's the website I have to check it out."

I'm still laughing, but I'm converting a lot of people towards it.
    When I turned in one of my Storms, the two VZW reps behind the counter saw it on my phone and signed up and installed vymail while I was waiting.
    06-22-09 01:13 PM
    Does vymail still have a sync interval you set?

I didn't realize that Youmail VVM was polling every 6 minutes or so. Battery drained a little faster than normal. Now new version, you can turn off polling and it knows to push when it sends you text or email. This has helped battery life out for me.

I didn't want text or email to phone (that's why I got off verizon's email since it would sent you text, have "tape" looking icon at top, and say 1 voicemail), so I emailed to other email I never check.

Problem is in last 2 days, they must be having server issues because my email is getting voicemails, but I am not getting notifications.

Otherwise, great app when it's working.
    06-24-09 11:21 AM
    I wanted to like it,- but everytime I tested it out, it would say "the youmail user you are trying to reach" blah blah, the greetings never saved for me...
    -It didnt look like it was compatible for the storm yet. You know wha tI mean, the applications with the blue screen and white, and the keypad is just suretype (the ones with 2 letters per button)
    Of you guys know how to fix this that would be awesome
    Maybe you had an older version.. The one I have has no such problems (the free version I might add) and also, about the keyboard part.. While your keyboard is up, hit the bb button, and click a different keyboard layout.. it has 3 different layouts, full keyboard, miniature keyboard (cant think of the name) and suretype
    08-11-09 02:22 PM
    I liked YouMail until I started get a great volume of annoying calls from one number. Each call was a minute - burned through more minutes that I felt comfortable with. Had to turn off YouMail - haven't really missed it.
    08-11-09 08:29 PM
    Is there something with Youmail? I am not getting any new vm on the app? But I do get email notification. Anyone else having issues?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 08:34 PM
    Did you go through the instructions thoroughly, and make an account, set up the greetings, and put in the number to have them forwarded?
    08-12-09 06:12 AM
    I use YouMail and so far its fine, but I can't have the app on my phone and run .151 which is fine cause the app is worthless. But having the Youmail app caused my Storm not to be able to send or recieve MMS once it was deleted the problem is gone.
    08-12-09 07:55 AM
    I had YouMail, but when they updated the last time I had it to the polling feature it stopped working. Didn't matter if I had it poll x number of seconds / minutes or look for the SMS... never pulled in the voicemails, I had to retrieve them.

Now I'm on GoogleVoice and YouMail is gone for good!
    08-12-09 09:45 AM
    They have had issues, which annoy me. quickpull or battery pull will fix it temporarily, which is what I've been doing because I love the visual voicemail app. They are aware and have said they are working on it.

In the meantime, what is GoogleVoice? Is it another visual voicemail app?
    08-12-09 10:04 AM
    The thing I would miss about YouMail if I switched over to GoogleVoice (got the invite) is the custom answering messages for contacts...unless GV can do this and I just didn't notice?
    08-12-09 02:16 PM
    What is the number we add to family and friends for you mail?
    08-13-09 02:14 AM
    I did use it. It is a great app but every call uses mins cuz it uses mins to foward to you mail services. Was maxing out mins every month removed you mail & have barily used 1/2 my mins 2 months in a row. Great app but min hog every call that comes in uses mins answer or not so be careful

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 02:32 AM
    The thing I would miss about YouMail if I switched over to GoogleVoice (got the invite) is the custom answering messages for contacts...unless GV can do this and I just didn't notice?
    Log into google voice. Click on Contacts. Click the contact. Click Edit Google voice settings. When this contact goes to voicemail: (change what you want there)
    08-13-09 05:11 AM
    Is Google Voice an app that I can pull up to view messages or is it a website I have to goto?

Also, it looks like with Google voice you have to get a new number and all these people have to call the new number. Is that the case? I don't want to have to tell everyone my number has changed.
    08-14-09 07:15 AM
    Is Google Voice an app that I can pull up to view messages or is it a website I have to goto?
    GV sends you a SMS or email when a message is left (depending on your settings)....you click play message and it automatically connects to GV to retrieve the message.

Also, it looks like with Google voice you have to get a new number and all these people have to call the new number. Is that the case? I don't want to have to tell everyone my number has changed.
    That's what GV provdes....a phone number that serves as a "hub" so to speak. Here's an overview of GV's features: Google Voice
    08-14-09 08:07 AM
    Thanks. I had "googled" google voice (haha) originally and just wanted to make sure.

I don't want to let everyone know a new number for me so looks like no google voice for me. I just hope Youmail Visual Voicemail fixes their issue. Sometimes my messages show up in app, sometimes they don't.
    08-14-09 09:51 AM
    Log into google voice. Click on Contacts. Click the contact. Click Edit Google voice settings. When this contact goes to voicemail: (change what you want there)
    Ah, but you still have to record that -- can't use anything pre-recorded
    08-14-09 12:41 PM
    That's the same reason I've kept Youmail all this time.
    08-14-09 12:43 PM
    I dont get it.

Your charged ONE minute when...

your receive a voicemail?

or/and

get a miss called?

or/and

what??

help me out!!
    06-27-10 01:51 AM
    I love youmail, its comparable to verizon's visual voicemail but interface not as attractive and its free! The new version allows customization from naming the app to layout of names, photos, etc. It's easy to setup and has numerous greetings.
    07-11-10 08:38 PM
    YouMail is awesome you just have to set you alerts to what you want, I never had alerts for missed calls and only emails for new voicemails. This way I kept the app closed and could decide which emails to listen too. Not to mention it looks sweet for a free vvm app!
    07-19-10 09:13 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD