Hello fellow Storm Users!!! I just got my storm this morning and was wondering who out there knows anything about YouMail in comparison to the Verizon visual voicemail since YouMail is free??
    11-21-08 10:31 AM
    I have it on my Bold and love it... I don't know if that helps you since I'm not on verizon, but as a youmail user, it's great.
    11-21-08 10:34 AM
    go youmail.
    11-21-08 10:34 AM
    I've been using YouMail for a while now and see no reason to switch. I guess the main reason for visual VM is that you can see everything in once place without it just being another email in your inbox? That doesn't do it for me (sticking with YouMail) but it might for someone else.

Not worth $3/month to me...
    11-21-08 10:35 AM
    I've been telling everyone I know to use YouMail and no one seems to want to give it a chance! I don't understand it. YouMail is awesome.
    11-21-08 11:01 AM
    can someone give a rundown of the features that Youmail provides compared to the VVM?
    11-21-08 11:07 AM
    it's free.. ^_^

it's visual voicemail where ur voicemail is ported to youmail's service.. you can access via your phone or web on any computer.. u can even share it with other ppl..

youmail was originally a site that provided free answering messages for your voicemail.. choices from funny, to professional, to movie stars doing them.. so now you can set up different messages for different groups of users.. =D .. for example if your stalker calls u, u can have a fake "i'm sorry, the number you have dialed is no longer in use.."

try it.. it's free and u can go back to your regular verizon voicemail whenever you want.. ^__^
    11-21-08 11:14 AM
    I'm having difficulty getting on their mobile site and am getting this message:

"Service Unavailable: The server is current unable to handle you request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. Please try loading a different page. Contact your service provider if this problem persists."

I can access any other website, just not THIS one.

Is this typical?
    11-23-08 09:27 AM
    I love Youmail, so much so, that I deleted Verizon's VVM from my Storm.
    11-23-08 09:45 AM
    I used Youmail for about 6 months until they started charging for transcription as that was my favorite part. I don't have any real use for VVM as I don't get that many messages. I just liked to read my messages as an email and just listen to them if I really needed to. It is a great free service if you don't need transcription.
    11-23-08 09:57 AM
    Any one found a free transcription service? iloved youmail until the charges started!

I used Youmail for about 6 months until they started charging for transcription as that was my favorite part. I don't have any real use for VVM as I don't get that many messages. I just liked to read my messages as an email and just listen to them if I really needed to. It is a great free service if you don't need transcription.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 09:26 AM
    I tried Youmail for a few days and was highly disappointed. First, it's clunky. To access a message, you first click on it. Then it asks if you want to go to the site. Press yes. Wait for the browser to access youmail. Click on the message again. Wait for it to download. Click play. Very cumbersome just to hear a voicemail.

The custom messages were cool, as was the price (free).

But the deal-breaker for me was this morning, when the site was down and I couldn't access it through my phone (available from a regular computer though). Kind of defeats the purpose...

I switched to Verizon visual voice and so far love it. Instant access straight from your message folder--no need to go to a different site, or interrupt what's on your browser. Definitely worth the $3/month
    11-26-08 10:24 AM
    I tried Youmail for a few days and was highly disappointed. First, it's clunky. To access a message, you first click on it. Then it asks if you want to go to the site. Press yes. Wait for the browser to access youmail. Click on the message again. Wait for it to download. Click play. Very cumbersome just to hear a voicemail.

But the deal-breaker for me was this morning, when the site was down and I couldn't access it through my phone (available from a regular computer though). Kind of defeats the purpose...

I switched to Verizon visual voice and so far love it. Instant access straight from your message folder--no need to go to a different site, or interrupt what's on your browser. Definitely worth the $3/month
    You can also just dial their 714 number and call your VM and listen to it directly like that as well. You can also login online and check your past VM's. They're all saved in mp3 format which is cool
    11-26-08 10:44 AM

go into your options on youmail and you can change your settings to where it DLs/adds an attachment to your email. It becomes... not clunky at all. You get your email and click the attachment.. tada! you are listening to your voice mail immediately after pulling up the email. its GREAT. i love it.

I felt the same way (it was clunky) until i started going through all their settings and figured this out
    11-26-08 10:52 AM
    go into your options on youmail and you can change your settings to where it DLs/adds an attachment to your email.
    Thanks for the tip; maybe I'll give it another whirl.
    11-26-08 01:36 PM
    oh you can try VyMail by joekrill.. it's an app that integrates to youmail but with a better GUI.. so much cleaner and easier to navigate than the native youmail app

joekrill.com/vymail/
    03-24-09 06:56 AM
    [QUOTE=greenflames09;2058280]oh you can try VyMail by joekrill.. it's an app that integrates to youmail but with a better GUI.. so much cleaner and easier to navigate than the native youmail app

joekrill.com/vymail/[/QUOTE

YouMail gives VVM a run for it's money....especially with VyMail....makes YouMail as good or better than VZW's version - especially since they want $3 a month for the same service that YouMail provides for free.

I have mine set to text me an alert and send the voicemail to my email addy...works fine for me
    03-24-09 07:26 AM
    There's no point paying when there's a better option for free. I love YouMail, and it works pretty well on the storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD