I was reading today on engadget about all the new touch screen devices and how flash will be on many mobile son's except for Apple and BBs. I think the storm us a good but not great device and I think that while BBs have mail down, they are lacking in other features which consumers will grow to expect - mainly a great browsing and multimedia experience. I'm wondering if you think you'll purchase the next gen of storm when it comes out or if you think you will have jumped ship to another device or os. I'm guessing this will be the case for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 06:42 PM
    So far I like it, it has bugs, but hopefully they will be fixed soon. It is RIM's first touch screen device, so there is no way anyone could have expected this to be perfect. Assuming they fix everything ASAP, and get the app store up, I would consider staying with BB's.
    02-16-09 06:47 PM
    It looks to me like BB is trying to get into the consumer market. I would be surprised if it lacks some of the things you think it will lack in the future.
    02-16-09 06:48 PM
    Blackberry owns the business market and that probably won't change. They make great phones and are superior at processing email. The Storm is a nice option for business users who like a bit more gadget in their phone. Mine gets heavy business use. It is not an iPhone and probably never will be. But then, I would never buy an iPhone for business use. I am happy with my Storm in general. It would appear that most of the unhappy folks got hammered with QC manufacturing issues with their phones or were expecting a Blackberry clone of the iPhone.
    02-16-09 07:23 PM
    Blackberry owns the business market and that probably won't change. They make great phones and are superior at processing email. The Storm is a nice option for business users who like a bit more gadget in their phone. Mine gets heavy business use. It is not an iPhone and probably never will be. But then, I would never buy an iPhone for business use. I am happy with my Storm in general. It would appear that most of the unhappy folks got hammered with QC manufacturing issues with their phones or were expecting a Blackberry clone of the iPhone.
    BB owns the business market in the US, but it's still dominated (by a large margin) by Symbian outside the US. With BB trying to push into the consumer market, I'm surprised RIM hasn't followed Palm/MS into announcing partnering with Adobe on flash. Whether you like/dislike flash, it's definitely pervasive enough that lack of support will hurt in the consumer market.

Apple's also making a big push into the US business market, and WinMo is looking to get re-invigorated with 6.5. RIM can't rest on it's laurels (and I'm hoping it's not).
    02-16-09 07:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD