• NO I LOVE BB BROWSER AND SEE NO NEED FOR SWITCHING

3 2.54%
  • WHAT'S SKYFIRE

18 15.25%
05-17-09 01:20 AM
35 12
tools
    i emailed them and they said this

Thanks for your email about our BlackBerry Alpha program. We are kick starting our alpha on the BlackBerry Bold only and inviting a limited number of participants. We plan to expand the BlackBerry Alpha program to the BlackBerry Curve, Pearl and 8830. Our current BlackBerry Alpha plans are to support these four models.

We appreciate all of the BlackBerry users ready for a Skyfire browsing experience. Were working hard to deliver that. Stay tuned.

Thanks,
    Skyfire Support
    Skyfire: Free mobile browser. The PC web on your phone. Real fast.

Ticket Details
    ===================
    Ticket ID: HZA-299318
    Department: Support
    Priority: Medium
    05-16-09 08:20 PM
    I used to work for a software company and this is how business works. If a vendor wants to sell their software or gain business or increase market share or something along that line, they have to go above and beyond, and try hard to win customers over. NOT the other way around. In another word, the customers don't have to try and convince them to make a version for us.
    05-16-09 09:35 PM
    doubtful, beta tested it on the Motorola Q and found it not too useful, whats the point of seeing a web site full scale if you can't read anything and have to zoom & scroll till your fingers hurt :}

if you want flash and stuff... it's cool.

lastly, on the Q it was a battery killer.
    05-16-09 10:00 PM
    So from what i have see about Skyfire you can watch videos online. Now what videos? I have a subscription to NHL.com and can watch live games on my comp. Now will i be able to sign in and watch them on my Storm? Can i sign in to netflix and watch movies?
    05-16-09 10:10 PM
    Is skyfire something i will have to pay for?
    05-16-09 10:10 PM

Thanks for your email about our BlackBerry Alpha program. We are kick starting our alpha on the BlackBerry Bold only and inviting a limited number of participants. We plan to expand the BlackBerry Alpha program to the BlackBerry Curve, Pearl and 8830. Our current BlackBerry Alpha plans are to support these four models.

We appreciate all of the BlackBerry users ready for a Skyfire browsing experience. Were working hard to deliver that. Stay tuned.

Thanks,
    Skyfire Support

Ticket Details
    ===================
    Yea I got the same form email. I relied asking if they had any plans for a touch screen BB version and they have not responded yet.
    05-16-09 10:28 PM
    hmmmm what do you guys think about starting a thread showing support for a storm verison , so they can see how much us storm users want it and I can email it to the person who contacted me for becoming an alpha tester. If you build it...they will come!
    05-16-09 10:45 PM

We appreciate all of the BlackBerry users ready for a Skyfire browsing experience. We’re working hard to deliver that. Stay tuned.

Thanks,
    Skyfire Support

Ticket Details
    ===================

Yeah, a lot of us got a similar e-mail. So, we're waiting for them to open it up to the rest of us.
    05-16-09 10:50 PM
    I received the same email that everybody else is getting and also sent them a letter if they have plans for a storm version. I'm hoping that this app will work in compatibility mode when released until a storm version is announced.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 11:37 PM
    you didnt leave an option for opera or bolt.

Opera is by far the best, but not great for beginers, it has a slight learning edge that takes a short while to get used too, but you find it much better than the whole blackberry os all together. limited in alot of respects, but i use it for almost everything i can. otherwise i use the standard browser only when neccessary. i use both tho.

bolt is usless and quirkey. it does nothing better than the opera and/or opera standard browser together. however bolt is slightly better in SOME respects than the standar browser.

ok, now on topic.... how can we make an educated guess to the poll you have posted? only if we have been in the alpha tests, and if we tried it on annother phone which already has it offered... we cant answer the poll otherwise.

the promis of flash is the only reason why anyone answered your poll. this could suck on the storm, we wouldnt know, and as of right now, NO ONE KNOWS cause its not even FINISHED.

i will use it if its better than opera. otherwise i will use it to view flash on occation as opera as my main browser. its easy to swap between browsers.

i know its too late to edit your poll according, ohh well.
    05-17-09 01:20 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD